Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any PVP outside of Warzones at all?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Any PVP outside of Warzones at all?

LegendaryMephist
02.05.2017 , 06:42 PM | #1
Is there any PVP outside of Warzones? I got PVP focus on and I have played now for about a month and still I have never ever encountered any PVP outside of Warzones. What planet and what zones should I go to, to experience some out of Warzones PVP? The Warzones are becoming very repetitive, and fighting NPC's are just the same over and over, only challenge is PVP if there is any at all in this game?

I play on server The Red Eclipse.

stoopicus
02.05.2017 , 07:08 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryMephist View Post
Is there any PVP outside of Warzones? I got PVP focus on and I have played now for about a month and still I have never ever encountered any PVP outside of Warzones. What planet and what zones should I go to, to experience some out of Warzones PVP? The Warzones are becoming very repetitive, and fighting NPC's are just the same over and over, only challenge is PVP if there is any at all in this game?

I play on server The Red Eclipse.
It's rare but it happens in some areas if you are PvP flagged. Last time it happened to me was running an alt through Darvannis, and I was super happy.

TheLunarTick
02.06.2017 , 12:10 AM | #3
Once in awhile on the server forums I see someone post about open world PvP events but you will have to look into it, I can't say I have been to any.

Totemdancer
02.06.2017 , 12:13 AM | #4
What happened to the pvp servers here. I've just come from a Warcraft pvp server and I was hoping to do some world pvp here.

merovejec
02.06.2017 , 01:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
What happened to the pvp servers here. I've just come from a Warcraft pvp server and I was hoping to do some world pvp here.
The game concept change and we not have PVP/PVE instances. You are in PVE by default and can swap to PVP where you can fight other players. This basically removed the PVP servers as you can do this "instance swapping" on any server.

People sometimes use the additional instance for a heroic mission or to get some item which has been claimed in the PVE instance. The PVP instance servers as a new instance in the area so it has its own spawns etc. Bots on Yavin for example are farming nodes in PVP instance and can be killed.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

Banderal
02.06.2017 , 05:17 AM | #6
I don't remember if they have the same sort of "exterminate" messages for the pub side as they do the imp side, but I always thought the rackghoul event would be great for PvP. They are blaring all over the imp fleet "if you see any signs of rackghoul infection, exterminate with extreme prejudice" (or something like that). They should auto-flag anyone with the rackghoul infection for PvP.

And bioware LOVES that event (or maybe my perception is a bit skewed, since I hate it) - so that would have made for open world PvP on a fairly regular basis.
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - SS
Slippery When'wet - SF

Marstrike
02.06.2017 , 07:01 AM | #7
large scale open world PvP seriously highlights the "limitations" of this games engine. Hence, it is not ecouraged by quests, events or dailys/weeklys.

When it happened in the old days it was a complete slide show...i'm talking <10 FPS on decent rigs. They have made some improvements (most easily done like making the draw distance all of 5 metres it seems). Make no mistake though, they want it swept under the rug hence the single player easy option.

Not the current devs faults and you can't really blame the devs at all. in 2010-2011 they (EA Bioware) are on record as saying they can "fix anything later as we will have literally hundreds of engineers". Well we know how that panned out...

Take the game for what it is, theres good things, strong things, bad and weak. Unfortunately, open world PvP is not something that sits in the former.
"The wolf does not concern himself with the opinion of sheep"
Neoheart - Jedi Sentinel - The Immortal Legacy

Banderal
02.06.2017 , 07:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Marstrike View Post
When it happened in the old days it was a complete slide show...i'm talking <10 FPS on decent rigs.
I remember those. My rig didn't even manage a FPS at all. All was good until the fighting started. Then with all the effects flying around it was just a picture... dead... spawn.... still picture.... dead.... spawn.... still picture... dead.... spawn... still picture... server crash.

Ah, the good old days.
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - SS
Slippery When'wet - SF