Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please merge servers, again.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please merge servers, again.

TrixxieTriss
01.22.2017 , 07:55 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by RudeDog View Post
There is no need to impact every other in the player in the game to please the PVP crowd. PVPers should either transfer or re-roll to Harb and make it the unofficial PVP server if they believe their server does not have a large enough population. I play on JC and PVP every day and get pops regularly from Imp and Pub, but if I wasn't and it frustrated me I wouldn't make a suggestion that screws the entire playerbase to satisfy my need.
Merges don't screw the whole player base. They help most of it. But if you are getting regular pops and can play the content you want, then why do you care.
Players should not need to pay to transfer because Bioware let the game and servers die. It's not the players fault, it's the Devs fault.
There are really only two options.
Forced merged servers
Or
Free legacy transfers off dead servers.
But even if they give us free transfers and everyone who wants to leave does, there will be hardly anyone left on those other servers. So Bio will then shut them down regardless and force mergers anyway. I think that is something you and others don't understand. This is a business and if no one is using a server, they will shut it down. They've done this in the past with servers that were twice as populated as harbinger, so why would anyone think they won't do it now.
The whole argument for not merging is ridiculous. "Oh no, you're going to screw the whole player base". What a load of crap. If anything it helps the entire game and stops it from dying more and being shut down.

HuaRya
01.31.2017 , 03:05 AM | #22
I'm starting to think they can't merge the servers possibly something to do with the Guild Ships and Guild Strongholds. All the servers on the lists are now running at Light. Even on Harbinger it's a struggle to get pops on some of the Galactic Command content. What good is buying a command boost if it's half way used up by the time you get a pop.

Qwurdilu
01.31.2017 , 03:14 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
What good is buying a command boost if it's half way used up by the time you get a pop.
Buy more command boosts in cartel market. Bioware will appreciate

Alericus
02.04.2017 , 08:31 PM | #24
My sub is only for a few more months, I don't expect they will do anything and I'm done after that..and wont look back. I highly recommend everyone consider why you bother. They haven't responded, wont respond and don't care to respond. Stop giving them your money..that will get a response. This new system was a mess, its junk and it did nothing to make the game enjoyable. In fact I think it increased the number of people leaving. At this point SWTOR has flatlined, it had a good run but on to other games and new challenges.
Alaricus
"Through Strength I Gain Power!"

x_Boots_x
02.05.2017 , 01:28 AM | #25
Definitely need a server merger again, at least on Shadowlands, population is the lifeblood of a MMO and this game is in a continual decline, I know that they are always reluctant, especially the 1st time, I spent the better part of a year on Darth Bandon Server where many nights I was the only single player on all of fleet, it seems this Dev team has a inherent fear that merges equal failure and that somehow their next patch will turn things around, when in fact most patches just give a temporary bump and then rapid decline, More population is s simple and cheap solution that everyone can win, PVPers get more queues, PVEer have more groups going and solo players have a more vibrant GTN and have little to no effect on their playstyle.
The Sith Code:
Peace is a lie. There is only... passion, Through passion, I gain... strength.
Through strength, I gain... power, Through power, I gain... victory.
Through victory... my chains are broken.