Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Closed PTS Applications

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tsillah
02.03.2017 , 10:49 AM | #91
I'm probably too critical for their liking, so I won't bother. Hope you guys who get in at least give some useful feedback instead of just saying that everything is so great and all because you don't like to be critical. I mean if it's good then great but if there are improvement points then you better be willing to let them know.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

auroroavalor
02.03.2017 , 11:22 AM | #92
When is the application window closing?
Auro
<Carried> I <It's Lit> I <Failure>
How to Sorc Master Blaster
Twitch Youtube

Deewe
02.03.2017 , 12:46 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I'm probably too critical for their liking, so I won't bother. Hope you guys who get in at least give some useful feedback instead of just saying that everything is so great and all because you don't like to be critical. I mean if it's good then great but if there are improvement points then you better be willing to let them know.
From past experience rest assured the concerns are being clearly pointed at on the PTS forums.

Now would the producer allowed the devs to tweak 5.0 accordingly to the feedback, we would not be in the current critical situation.

I guess the answer lies here

Quote:
He specifically mentioned Galactic Command -- a controversial system that just released with the latest expansion -- when talking about taking a calculated leap of faith while being humble about it. "We took a risk here; we took a shot. I think we got most of it right, but there are things that we didn't get right. And that was providing goals for those who are doing the hardest content and providing specific gear-chase items. So two weeks after we launch, we reviewed that data and had a heart-to-heart discussion with ourselves to say this is what we've got to do. It's the right thing to do for the game."
Now while Ben Irving is the producer James Ohlen is truly the one taking decisions and choosing the direction of the game. He's been doing that since the start of SWTOR development.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Psychopyro
02.03.2017 , 01:09 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Now while Ben Irving is the producer James Ohlen is truly the one taking decisions and choosing the direction of the game. He's been doing that since the start of SWTOR development.
I'll be honest, this sounds just like the arguments for the CU and eventual NGE in SWG just before they flatly announced they screwed up.

While I can fault EA for a lot of this (know how EA works), at the same time some of this stinks of LA and directions Julio Torres wanted the game (SWG) to take. Without knowing the full extent of Disney's involvement with the game, it's hard to judge who has responsibility for what. Sadly I don't have the same kind of access as I did at SWG so I can't say for sure.
OK fine... I'll post my referral link in protest.

EricMusco
02.03.2017 , 02:44 PM | #95 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by auroroavalor View Post
When is the application window closing?
Pretty much as long as Closed PTS is active .

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

fire-breath
02.03.2017 , 03:38 PM | #96
Eric?
Just to clarify the semantics about ToS violations here.

Will a received warning without infraction points about violating the rules of conduct (with postremoval) count as a ToS violation when it comes to closed PTS?

EDIT:
Nvm. For some reason I muppeted out and missed the yellow post about the difference between ToS and forumviolations.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)

MeNaCe-NZ
02.03.2017 , 04:30 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Eric?
Just to clarify the semantics about ToS violations here.

Will a received warning without infraction points about violating the rules of conduct (with postremoval) count as a ToS violation when it comes to closed PTS?
Read the thread. He has stated a couple of times now that ToS violations are game violations, not forum violations.

Kyuuu
02.03.2017 , 04:32 PM | #98
Is BW actual gona listen to testers and fix bugs and issue BEFORE it live? or will they be ignored like always

fire-breath
02.04.2017 , 07:29 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
Read the thread. He has stated a couple of times now that ToS violations are game violations, not forum violations.
Woof woof .....

FYI, I did read the thread including all yellow posts. Or so I thought. For some reason however I missed the line where Eric told us about the difference between ToS and forumviolations.

fire-breath
02.04.2017 , 08:00 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuuu View Post
Is BW actual gona listen to testers and fix bugs and issue BEFORE it live? or will they be ignored like always
Actually ........ believe what you want but they do really listen. There can be and has been a really nice flow of crossfeedback between the community and devs.
Which feels a bit confusing as we also get ignored quite a good amount of times. So I get where your comment comes from.