Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Talon_strikes
02.03.2017 , 11:32 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
You even said in one of your posts that you guys were looking at the contents of the crates... and yet nothing.

It has been explained many times how the RNG nature and terrible drop rates of the crates is the core problem which causes all the others. Why are the devs willfully ignoring this fact?
Thinking about this concern more makes me think that, on another note, maybe their metrics show that the nature of RNG has been Exciting™?

Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

Velgar
02.03.2017 , 11:33 AM | #22
Sorry, but earning boxes faster when they are dropping nothing but worthless garbage does not solve the problem. Earning more worthless junk per hour does not give me an incentive to grind years old content. Looks like my decision to give ESO a try was the right one, they will be getting my sub money in place of SWTOR. They have an alternate advancement system beyond max level too but it does not revolve around boxes of useless garbage.

DarthDymond
02.03.2017 , 11:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'm curious...how does a player get new boxes once they hit 300? Do you still get them?
Yup, you still get them every 4,990 CXP, your level just stays at 300.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

DanNV
02.03.2017 , 11:35 AM | #24
Unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing here to address the primary concerns with GC's RNG based gearing. More crap boxes faster is just more crap. We have given you all sorts of suggestions to fix the end game gearing experience. Mine is here, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=911737 . None of them include keeping GC as the primary end game gearing system.

I am sorry to see that BWA refuses to actually listen to customer complaints and instead keeps running with a system those paying customers have plainly said is not working and is not acceptable. I wish you luck, but I don't expect things to work out well for the game or the people employed to run it.

I had already removed my payment info. I have now unsubbed and given my feedback.

Subscription Plans
You have 3 days of subscription play time remaining.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

EricMusco
02.03.2017 , 11:35 AM | #25 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Nothing in this addresses RNG gear or the quality of the boxes Eric...
In this set of changes, not yet. We are still looking into Crate contents to see where changes should be made. It would be a much more substantial change from our side to update the contents and so although we are definitely open to doing so, we wanted to take these steps first.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

docbenwayddo
02.03.2017 , 11:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[*]New CXP leveling event. This event will run until Game Update 5.2 in April. During this event all CXP earned will be increased by 250%....[/spoiler]
April eh? No chance the timing is to cling to subs until quarterly report time, is there?

Talon_strikes
02.03.2017 , 11:37 AM | #27
In this set of changes, not yet. We are still looking into Crate contents to see where changes should be made. It would be a much more substantial change from our side to update the contents and so although we are definitely open to doing so, we wanted to take these steps first.

-eric
Thank you for addressing this concern Eric. I appreciate it. That being said, does this mean that changes like this that would be considered substantial can only be expected in what could be considered a substantial patch (like a Game Update 5.2, 5.3, etc)?
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

Czajja
02.03.2017 , 11:38 AM | #28
Too little too late. This should be implemented 10 days after 5.0 launch. And we have to wait 4 weeks when u need like 3 days to change it, this is a joke.

BenKatarn
02.03.2017 , 11:39 AM | #29

-eric
So what you are saying is, you will give us this "leveling event" for CXP until 5.2 goes live so we can get more Command Ranks, but the quality of the Command Crate content still remains the same.

How exactly is this helpful in any way for people to get their setbonus gear? This doesn't increase the chances, it just technically allows you to pull the slotmachine lever more often in a given amount of time.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

TUXs
02.03.2017 , 11:40 AM | #30

-eric
I appreciate the straight answer Eric. Thank you.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)