Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Closed PTS Applications

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jozinkopucik
02.01.2017 , 02:48 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Psychopyro View Post
I actually understand the TOS violation in regards to cheating.... Cheaters cheat, and that will not change.
I guess you dont know how this works even in real life!!

There are people who are payed by companies to crack their vault or safe in order to find a weakness the thief's may use in the future!! Who would you hire for such a job? Only a former thief!! ToS violation is mostly about exploiting and it would do good to have such people there so that they inform about possible exploits!!

I work as an auditor in a company and the only reason why I am so successful in finding people who cheat is cause i did the same when i was young and stupid!

jozinkopucik
02.01.2017 , 02:51 AM | #32
They definitely need to include some kind of pug groups in the PTS. I know its hard to do, yet pugs are an important part of the MMO system and the SM version needs to be "doable" by even less skilled players so that they dont cry for nerfs right at start.

MeNaCe-NZ
02.01.2017 , 04:52 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by jozinkopucik View Post
Who would you hire for such a job?
Probably a security expert. Who may or may not have been skilled hackers previously.

Not someone who decides to take advantage of an MMO flaw.

"Wow I can sell this chair for more than I bought it for - wow I'm a mad hacker!"

Genada
02.01.2017 , 05:38 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You make a completely fair point. We invite Ops groups of all skill levels from very casual Ops players, to top-end Guilds. We will also invite individuals who are interested in Ops (for the reasons you highlighted), but just not at the very first stages.

-eric
So when you mention top end guilds I am assuming your placing this post on the World of Warcraft forums as well since all the raiders left this game long ago.

jozinkopucik
02.01.2017 , 06:24 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
may or may not have been skilled hackers previously.

Not someone who decides to take advantage of an MMO flaw.
There is a difference, many ppl in the game dont get the idea of trying out various stuff. Right now we do know some things that may occur in the boss fight. There might be a spot where he doesn't attack you, might be a way to loot before kill, way to cheese a mechanic etc.

People with experience know of such things and do know what to look for, since they have done it before. They did it before, were banned and not shouldn't participate on PTS, that is not a good idea.

Deewe
02.01.2017 , 10:20 AM | #36
Eric,

from past experience the devs never have the time to improve the new features and the changes based on players feedback.

Hence we are mostly useful for bug and exploit fixes and have to live with what you guys designed and how you thought it would work.

So my question is: did the producers, Ben AND James, planned accordingly to give you time to fix what you guys have been cooking?

If not guess it will be as always: we both loose, you subscribers and us a well designed and pleasant experience.

Thanks
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

EricMusco
02.01.2017 , 12:50 PM | #37 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Quick update. One of the pieces of feedback we are hearing about Closed PTS is the rule about "ever having a ToS violation" is too strict and too punishing. After some discussion, we agree. Having a ToS violation is still something that we don't take lightly, but it shouldn't punish you forever. We are updating the rule to the following:
  • If you have had a ToS violation within the past 12 months, you are ineligible.

Feel free to adjust for that in any application emails that you send. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Psychopyro
02.01.2017 , 12:53 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by jozinkopucik View Post
I guess you dont know how this works even in real life!!

There are people who are payed by companies to crack their vault or safe in order to find a weakness the thief's may use in the future!! Who would you hire for such a job? Only a former thief!! ToS violation is mostly about exploiting and it would do good to have such people there so that they inform about possible exploits!!

I work as an auditor in a company and the only reason why I am so successful in finding people who cheat is cause i did the same when i was young and stupid!
Look, you have your opinion, and I have mine. Mine comes from the industry. At SOE, SCEA, Turbine, and WBI we found that people who exploited were unreliable at best.

Assuming that cheaters are the only ones who get whatever can go wrong is a huge fallacy. There are people with the able mindset to see how things can be broken that are honest.
OK fine... I'll post my referral link in protest.

SebastiaanZ
02.01.2017 , 12:55 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Quick update. One of the pieces of feedback we are hearing about Closed PTS is the rule about "ever having a ToS violation" is too strict and too punishing. After some discussion, we agree. Having a ToS violation is still something that we don't take lightly, but it shouldn't punish you forever. We are updating the rule to the following:
  • If you have had a ToS violation within the past 12 months, you are ineligible.

Feel free to adjust for that in any application emails that you send. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Wait that is not what you said before... before you said if you were not banned on the forum you can enter. Does that mean now if you have had a ban within 12 months you cannot? That is unfair.
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

Psychopyro
02.01.2017 , 01:15 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
Wait that is not what you said before... before you said if you were not banned on the forum you can enter. Does that mean now if you have had a ban within 12 months you cannot? That is unfair.
TOS violation in game.... It's a fair change as it allows people who made a mistake a chance to do something. This is just an adjustment to the in game violation policy.
OK fine... I'll post my referral link in protest.