Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quality of gear in crates are the problem, not quantity.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Quality of gear in crates are the problem, not quantity.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
02.01.2017 , 10:06 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wayshuba View Post
And notice in all of their listening, of hearing feedback, etc. This is the BIGGEST thing players mention having a problem with an it is the ONE thing BioWare won't address other then Ben being stupid and really running people's anger meters up higher by saying, "RNG is exciting".
They seem to be listening to the same people who didn't complain about this system when it was on the test server...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

omaan
02.01.2017 , 10:38 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
For GC/CXP ranks 1-90, every box should contain a purple set piece with bonus. It's STARTER gear, not end game gear. 91-180 should be 50% chance for Legendary gear, 181-300 should be 25% chance for Legendary gear.
I like your idea it won't make this game a hell for new players. When new player comes to this game now he has some green useless gear without a set bonus... being stomped on warzones by 240-242 geared players and bolster isn't helping much. Anyway i think 91-180 must 28-30 % only because with 50% is way too much and we don't want people get bored quit fast like it happened pre 4.0 when people got the best gear for days and than were crying on forum that there are nothing to do in swtor...

TUXs
02.01.2017 , 10:45 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
I like your idea it won't make this game a hell for new players. When new player comes to this game now he has some green useless gear without a set bonus... being stomped on warzones by 240-242 geared players and bolster isn't helping much. Anyway i think 91-180 must 28-30 % only because with 50% is way too much and we don't want people get bored quit fast like it happened pre 4.0 when people got the best gear for days and than were crying on forum that there are nothing to do in swtor...
4.0, despite the lack of anything new besides story, was one of the better times I've had in this game. I leveled and played so many alts it's not even funny. I learned classes I swore I'd never ever play (Curse you Sorc ) and I think i did more content in 4.0 than I'd ever dreamed I'd do after 4 years. Know why? Because gearing alts was easy. Getting toons to where they could compete wasn't a chore. Duplicating mirror classes or additional main toons was quick and fun. Level sync meant I could help, or get helped, no matter what level the other player was.

4.0 lacked new end game content, I 100% agree...but I don't know anyone who left because gearing was too easy.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

EricMusco
02.01.2017 , 11:00 AM | #24 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by McHondy View Post
What's in a Command crate is a bigger problem then just getting more crates.

There are way to much 'junk' in the drop table, like green 228s, 232s, and 238s. Opening a crate and seeing a item like that is more like slap in the face then a reward.

Second part is duplicates, somehow finding a way to make them useful..

Overall the randomness of gear in the crate is a bigger problem then the amount of crates you get.
The content of the Crates is something we are looking into as well. Keep the feedback coming.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Tsillah
02.01.2017 , 11:04 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The content of the Crates is something we are looking into as well. Keep the feedback coming.

-eric
Happy to hear it. Currently opening crates is a chore because it's more about what you destroy than what you gain from it.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

TUXs
02.01.2017 , 11:20 AM | #26

-eric
I'll restate what I think they should contain...

1-90 = all purple set piece gear WITH bonuses. (this is BASIC starter gear, you need to do this imo)
91-180 = 50% chance for legendary item, no green, no cosmetic
181-300 = 25% chance for legendary item, no green, no cosmetic

You have a game where it's very common for players to have 2-full sets of gear - tank/dps or heal/dps...the current gearing system prohibits players from switching roles with the ease the game seemingly intended. The GTN and CM are for cosmetics, not the gearing system. We had a plethora of ways to get cosmetic gear prior to 5.x, we didn't need another.

RudbekAlliance
02.01.2017 , 11:23 AM | #27

1-90 = all purple set piece gear WITH bonuses. (this is BASIC starter gear, you need to do this imo)

You have a game where it's very common for players to have 2-full sets of gear - tank/dps or heal/dps...the current gearing system prohibits players from switching roles with the ease the game seemingly intended. The GTN and CM are for cosmetics, not the gearing system. We had a plethora of ways to get cosmetic gear prior to 5.x, we didn't need another.
I wonder how people would feel if we knew exactly how small the current % drop rate is for those items. I would imagine its far closer to the rancor in the nightlife event rare than even the tier 3% you suggest.

DHTarez
02.01.2017 , 11:27 AM | #28

Absolutely agree with this but to add one more change to it. The crate should drop the unassembled token instead so that duplicates can actually be made useful and there is no reason to have to remember to switch disciplines just to make sure you are getting the gear you need. That way when you get a second set of boots you can trade them in for a piece of gear that supports either your second discipline or for use on an alt.

FireFoxed
02.01.2017 , 11:28 AM | #29

-eric
What I don't understand is why higher rank crates drop the same junk at the same percentages as GC rank 1 crates. I'm rank 3 and I see lots of useless rank 3 greens and blues. Why can't I get rank 2 purples (234) and legendaries (236) instead? Those would be far more useful for me than junk greens with no set bonus.

The same goes for crafting schematics. Many of my rank 3 crates have no schematic. In those instances I'd rather get a rank 1 or 2 schematic since I don't have all of them yet and that's better than nothing at all.

TUXs
02.01.2017 , 11:32 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DHTarez View Post
Absolutely agree with this but to add one more change to it. The crate should drop the assembled token instead so that duplicates can actually be made useful and there is no reason to have to remember to switch disciplines just to make sure you are getting the gear you need. That way when you get a second set of boots you can trade them in for a piece of gear that supports either your second discipline or for use on an alt.
GREAT addition!!!