SWTOR Forums Bugged Right Now?

Talon_strikes

This just happened about 10 minutes ago. The website suddenly logged me off. I tried to post something and got the "you may not be logged in" page. Tried logging in, it would take me to the https://account.swtor.com/user page, and if I tried going somewhere else it would instantly log me out. Deleting the cache and cookies didn't work, but I logged off from the panel at the top-right corner and logged back in on the home screen and managed to post this. Edited by Talon_strikes

We're using a six year old software that for some reason they don't want to upgrade.

I'm afraid the reason is the same for every part of this game (Cartel Market excepted), they invest the less they can, so a lot of things will never be fixed. This game already doesn't have the budget to deliver content that match the investment from players, so it's no surprise they don't bother improving the website and forums.

so it's no surprise they don't bother improving the website and forums.

It their defense, it's a little more involved than there. The forum software went off into this huge CMS - Blog - forum thingie, the bridge stopped getting supported (while other solutions for connecting the 2 software do exist), and they got really weird on their licensing and how it got hosted. It's a pain.

On the other hand, there hasn't been any real security fixes either in all of that time.

Edited by dr_mike

• Dev Post
This just happened about 10 minutes ago. The website suddenly logged me off. I tried to post something and got the "you may not be logged in" page. Tried logging in, it would take me to the https://account.swtor.com/user page, and if I tried going somewhere else it would instantly log me out. Deleting the cache and cookies didn't work, but I logged off from the panel at the top-right corner and logged back in on the home screen and managed to post this.

We had a blip of weirdness on our side too. Everything seems to be running fine now though, let us know if any you notice any other issues.

-eric

We had a blip of weirdness on our side too. Everything seems to be running fine now though, let us know if any you notice any other issues.

-eric

I read that in Han's voice:

"Uh, we had a slight forum malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

While you're here and since you may have the options out, do you think we can get the subforums on the front page?

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-legacy-versions-products/legacy-vbulletin-versions/vbulletin-3-5-how-do-i-questions-and-troubleshooting/196604-show-sub-forums-on-the-main-forum-index

It would be nice....

Edited by dr_mike