Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Command Gearing Roadmap - Coming This Week

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Galactic Command Gearing Roadmap - Coming This Week
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

stoopicus
01.31.2017 , 08:33 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
Enjoying GSF while doing something else waiting for it to pop? I don't regret it.
The GSF part sounds great. Robotically stealthing through KotFE chapter 1 - no.

Eli_Porter
01.31.2017 , 08:35 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopicus View Post
The GSF part sounds great. Robotically stealthing through KotFE chapter 1 - no.
I didn't use a stealth character, I did cheese a couple mini-boss fights with saber reflect though. It's also actually fun PvE because I have to use my stuns and DCD's wisely to be efficient.

gabigool
01.31.2017 , 08:36 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
These are pretty gosh darn valid concerns .

It is fair to say that if someone solely cares about gearing their character, they would consider waiting for these changes to go in place before playing. That is why we had a few goals in making my post yesterday:
  1. We are being open that changes are coming.
  2. We are going to provide details on what is changing, and when, so that you know what to expect.
  3. We want to start rolling these changes out ASAP. I said the changes will start in the next few weeks, but the goal is the first changes will happen very soon (likely next week).
If someone really wants to wait for changes to take affect before playing, that's ok! However, I think there is other fun to be had without just gearing their 70 (level an alt to 70 in prep for the changes, finish up legendary status, etc).

-eric
Perhaps if you don't wall gear behind a months-long grind, players would focus on something other than gearing.
Quote: Originally Posted by BenIrving View Post
The harder part to address, because you have to take my word for it, are all the features and content we are working on that we havenít yet announced.... ...and we have started the early design phase for new, non-chapter, content.... ...we have some REALLY cool stuff to talk about later this year and the whole SWTOR team canít wait to announce it.

Eli_Porter
01.31.2017 , 08:36 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Sargrith View Post
Playing for 30 hours in a week isn't semi-hard coring it, its going pretty extreme and your specifically gaming the system using the two things that are giving an unjustified reward for their difficulty. I think you prove his point very well.
4 hours a day for one week isn't extreme.

His point was that 1 hour per crate isn't possible, and it's false.

stoopicus
01.31.2017 , 08:38 AM | #145
I didn't use a stealth character, I did cheese a couple mini-boss fights with saber reflect though. It's also actually fun PvE because I have to use my stuns and DCD's wisely to be efficient.
Well, to each their own. I actually like that chapter but 30 hrs? Nope nope nope.

Screaming_Ziva
01.31.2017 , 08:39 AM | #146
Doing kotfe chapter 1 master on repeat while queue'ing for GSF got me around 600 unassembled components and over 30 levels (started at below 150, now i'm 181), in less than 30 hours.
Their estimated times they say are for normal game play. Sorry, but I don't think that repeating a single chapter for 30 hours is considered "normal" game play. That's farming.

Sundragon
01.31.2017 , 08:40 AM | #147
Well, I'm done trolling this forum. The GC is a total disaster, and my hopes that a drastic reduction in subscriptions would result in the developers quickly changing their stance on GC and the RNG gearing policy. I suspect subs have cratered and this "roadmap" of tuning GXP just overlays the foundation of RNG.

To believe that a "roadmap" promise is enough to stem the tide or give people reason to come back from a cancelled subscription is silly. The only way is to dismantle the RNG. You'll never get rid of GC once implemented, that's obvious, but keeping this horrible gearing system in place is silly. You were told prior to 5.0 in Beta that this was the worst idea ever. You were told it would lead many people to cancel their subscriptions. I wasn't just one or two people saying it. Almost everyone in Beta told you don't do this, it will destroy the game. You did it anyway, and despite seeing what we all told you would happen, you continue down this retarded path of RNG gearing.

This game is done. All you are doing is keeping the patient alive just a little while longer with band-aids over the wounds you have inflicted. The only thing that could save SWTOR at this point is a removal of RNG crates. Drop crates but get rid of RNG....you were told this many times before 5.0. I hope when the game closes, you will go back and think about what your paying customers told you what would happen. I will never understand the hubris of developers in every MMO that seem to think they know the game better than the players.
█||||(ē)||||█Ξ███████████████████)

Eli_Porter
01.31.2017 , 08:40 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopicus View Post
Well, to each their own. I actually like that chapter but 30 hrs? Nope nope nope.
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Their estimated times they say are for normal game play. Sorry, but I don't think that repeating a single chapter for 30 hours is considered "normal" game play. That's farming.

Didn't just do that for 30 hours, it was about 2/3rd GSF and 1/3rd Chapter.

BenKatarn
01.31.2017 , 08:47 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
These are pretty gosh darn valid concerns .

It is fair to say that if someone solely cares about gearing their character, they would consider waiting for these changes to go in place before playing. That is why we had a few goals in making my post yesterday:
  1. We are being open that changes are coming.
  2. We are going to provide details on what is changing, and when, so that you know what to expect.
  3. We want to start rolling these changes out ASAP. I said the changes will start in the next few weeks, but the goal is the first changes will happen very soon (likely next week).
If someone really wants to wait for changes to take affect before playing, that's ok! However, I think there is other fun to be had without just gearing their 70 (level an alt to 70 in prep for the changes, finish up legendary status, etc).

-eric
And the point of this response was... nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

EricMusco
01.31.2017 , 08:49 AM | #150 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I still don't see how this is going to be possible. As things are right now, aren't we supposed to be averaging one crate every hour according to them? Is anyone even currently earning one crate an hour without farming Fractured with a premade group of 4?
Our goal at launch was 60 minutes per crate. Right now we are seeing times both below and above that goal with an average time per crate being little higher than our target, but not much. It is one of the data points we looked at to plan for our new target. Which if you are math savvy, our new goal is you will get crates twice as fast as before (or more).

For reference, people doing aggressive CXP farming are already doing so at a rate quite a bit faster than every 60 minutes. Our new targets are that someone will get a crate every 30 minutes, without a boost.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]