Unsubbing

KeyboardNinja

At one point, it was very fashionable for players ragequitting SWTOR to post their unsubscription rant in this subforum. Then unsubbing became more common (partially because of F2P), and I think also people got tired of reading the rants. Call me old fashioned, but I'm posting mine.

I have just canceled my subscription, and for the first time in over five years, I will not have an active SWTOR account. In the unsubscription form, you're asked to write some free-form text describing why you're leaving. This was mine:

I hope this gets pulled up in one of your queries to find interesting people who unsubbed for interesting reasons. If it does, hi Eric/Tait! Hope you're doing well. Don't think I've forgotten that you both ignored my emails and text messages leading up to 4.0.

The group content release schedule is unacceptable. Five bosses, phased out over a year? After 2.5 years of nothing? And that's IF you keep to the schedule you've "committed" to, in which I no longer have any faith.

I'll be resubbing to try Tyth when it drops, mostly because Pucevich does an amazing job with group encounters. Maybe I'll stay subbed for a while then. But management's wide vacillation on endgame plans over the last five years have frustrated and jaded me. The development direction has been awful, and I haven't been happy with a class or content change for several years. The stat system is boring and trivializes theorycrafting. The story went off the rails with 2.0, briefly regained sanity in 3.0, and then apparently jumped the shark for good. I miss Daniel Erickson.

Nothing about the game is fun anymore, nor has it been for years. I excitedly logged into SWTOR less than 10 minutes after the servers turned on, just over five years ago. I poured countless hundreds of hours into theorycrafting and teaching other players, running a guild, raiding and optimizing. I was your easiest market segment. The player you had to work to alienate.

Congratulations on your hard work.

Since I was at one point quite well known on these forums, and since I still have several pinned threads on the class forums, I thought it was appropriate that the last ("most recent") post in my profile would be this one. I did everything in the game. Twice. (thanks Jessie Sky! next time listen to what I say when you ask for my opinion on something) I had a lot of fun over the years, but it's clear that those years are past and not future.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At one point, it was very fashionable for players ragequitting SWTOR to post their unsubscription rant in this subforum. Then unsubbing became more common (partially because of F2P), and I think also people got tired of reading the rants. Call me old fashioned, but I'm posting mine.

I have just canceled my subscription, and for the first time in over five years, I will not have an active SWTOR account. In the unsubscription form, you're asked to write some free-form text describing why you're leaving. This was mine:

I hope this gets pulled up in one of your queries to find interesting people who unsubbed for interesting reasons. If it does, hi Eric/Tait! Hope you're doing well. Don't think I've forgotten that you both ignored my emails and text messages leading up to 4.0.

The group content release schedule is unacceptable. Five bosses, phased out over a year? After 2.5 years of nothing? And that's IF you keep to the schedule you've "committed" to, in which I no longer have any faith.

I'll be resubbing to try Tyth when it drops, mostly because Pucevich does an amazing job with group encounters. Maybe I'll stay subbed for a while then. But management's wide vacillation on endgame plans over the last five years have frustrated and jaded me. The development direction has been awful, and I haven't been happy with a class or content change for several years. The stat system is boring and trivializes theorycrafting. The story went off the rails with 2.0, briefly regained sanity in 3.0, and then apparently jumped the shark for good. I miss Daniel Erickson.

Nothing about the game is fun anymore, nor has it been for years. I excitedly logged into SWTOR less than 10 minutes after the servers turned on, just over five years ago. I poured countless hundreds of hours into theorycrafting and teaching other players, running a guild, raiding and optimizing. I was your easiest market segment. The player you had to work to alienate.

Congratulations on your hard work.

Since I was at one point quite well known on these forums, and since I still have several pinned threads on the class forums, I thought it was appropriate that the last ("most recent") post in my profile would be this one. I did everything in the game. Twice. (thanks Jessie Sky! next time listen to what I say when you ask for my opinion on something) I had a lot of fun over the years, but it's clear that those years are past and not future.

Can I have your stuff?

Edited by SlthBounteHuntah

Honestly I am surprised you were still subbed at this point. I had thought you stopped after 4.0 but I guess I was wrong. Thanks for the threads and for teaching me how to be better at lightning on the forums almost 2 years. Cheers m8. #StoryisFlavorContentisSubstance

Seeing what's happening it still rings true today.

Edited by FerkWork

Can I haz your stuff? ;)

A huge loss for the community. You've helped countless people over the years! When one of the first 6000 players unsubs for the first time, it SHOULD say something (let's see if it does)...

The story went off the rails with 2.0, briefly regained sanity in 3.0, and then apparently jumped the shark for good. I miss Daniel Erickson.

Hey for all we know he helped come up with all of it.

Anyways. Good work with all the stuff you've done on the forums here, a boon to many no doubt. But yes, it's been a long while since this game has held much enjoyment for me as well. You'll be missed by those you know you! :)

You could do what I've been doing for the last 2-3 years, keep a sub just to get Cartel Coins each month that you'll never spend (well mostly never spend hehe!).

EDIT: I too have been here since December 13, 2011.....go us for non stop subs!

Edited by Fireswraith

Can I have your stuff?

You know, I used to make those pithy little comments but this system makes it decidedly not amusing. I don't want people's stuff, despite probably needing massive revenue to gear new endgame characters with crafted gear because the system is that broken. I'd spend hundreds of millions of credits just for competitive characters in PvP, I've spent what I can to do so and that just isn't right.

So "Can I have your stuff?" isn't witty- it's a death knell for this game. :(

Can I have your stuff?

You can but like bw he placed it all in random crates and you have to do mission (AKA choirs) for him and you only get a random chance at things.

Pull the slot machine handle and hope you win after doing your choirs. I mean missions. Just so you know, like bw and their RNG crates, its rigged against you but hey, just the chance is exciting right? :confused:

A huge loss for the community. You've helped countless people over the years! When one of the first 6000 players unsubs for the first time, it SHOULD say something (let's see if it does)...

I'm afraid this is a really bad news if even this kind of players who invest themselves a lot in this game are leaving. I've seen the same thing already, french people who runs websites, guides, etc... leaving. When these people aren't here anymore, the community just go down even worse.

Bant, now KeyboardNinja... so many people other players (like me) used to rely on for help and guidance on this game are leaving, and no one is stepping up to take their place. We are all poorer for it.

GG EAWare. You should be ashamed of yourselves for finding a way to sink a Star Wars game.

Edited by AscendingSky

Honestly I am surprised you were still subbed at this point. I had thought you stopped after 4.0 but I guess I was wrong. Thanks for the threads and for teaching me how to be better at lightning on the forums almost 2 years. Cheers m8. #StoryisFlavorContentisSubstance

Seeing what's happening it still rings true today.

Just had to fix that.

#StoryIsContentCombatIsBoring

You can but like bw he placed it all in random crates and you have to do mission (AKA choirs) for him and you only get a random chance at things.

Pull the slot machine handle and hope you win after doing your choirs. I mean missions. Just so you know, like bw and their RNG crates, its rigged against you but hey, just the chance is exciting right? :confused:

Oh yeah, that sounds like a lot of fun. Well, at least I'm told it's fun.

You done messed up BioWare!!! When an Urban Legend like KeyBoardNinja comes onto the forums to say that he is unsubbing, then you really messed up. I have seen various names on the forums and in the game. With KeyBoardNinja calling it quits, it is like another nail in your coffin. I tip my hat to you KeyBoardNinja... your theory crafting helped me when I was tanking in 2.0 and 3.0. That is all I have to say, now time to get back to WoW.

I actually have fond memories of having discussions with you on these very boards as I tried to better understand various mechanics, and also in opposition to the Combat/Carnage changes at the end of the 2.x patch cycle. Great loss to the community, hope you find as suitable a replacement as might be possible.

I didn't see a form to give feed back. Maybe I just did it wrong because all I did was unlink my payment details. Is there another way to do it?

Also if anyone is unsubbing, jump over to this thread to put down how long you were subbed for and how much you've approximately spent on the game.

We are interested to know how many long term players are quitting, but also what other players are quitting.

You don't need to put a big essay why you are leaving. Just something like, unsubbing because of 5.0. Been subbed for 5 years. Total cost $2000.

I think if we can have a thread showing a block of players who have left and show how many long term players are going, it might make them wake up.

Unfortunately it's no longer in the general forum section :mad: it's seems to have "startek teleported" to the off topic section. But here is the link

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=912558

:confused:

What a loss to the game. There's been so many from a lot of games of late. Founders and veterans who have influenced countless, given aid and confidence to multitudes. When I see a player who is the very definition of what a great players/teacher is posting a farewell it breaks my heart.

Take care of yourself, I hope you find somewhere awesome to lend that amazing mind and heart to. God Speed. May the force ever be with you.