Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Command Gearing Roadmap - Coming This Week

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Galactic Command Gearing Roadmap - Coming This Week
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
01.30.2017 , 04:05 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

In one of my previous posts I highlighted that beyond the changes we made in Game Update 5.1 that there are more coming. By Friday of this week I am going to make a forum post highlighting a roadmap of changes you can expect to address the feedback you have raised around gearing in Galactic Command. These changes will be starting in the next few weeks and will go through to Game Update 5.2. They are intended to address the following:
  • Greatly increase the rate at which you earn Command Crates. Our goal is that you earn one Crate every 30 minutes, or less (on average).
  • Looking at improvements we can make to Unassembled Components and Unassembled Pieces.
  • Make gearing more alt-friendly.
That isn't a comprehensive list, but it gives you an idea of some of the things we are looking to address based on your feedback. Just in case I was quiet about Galactic Command for a few days I want you to know that we are listening and more changes are coming. Look for my post later this week!

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Eli_Porter
01.30.2017 , 04:16 PM | #2
Thank you Eric!

RikuvonDrake
01.30.2017 , 04:20 PM | #3
Why not bring back the old system, that worked perfectly and enabled quick gearing for both mains and alts at ones own pace? Feels like there are quite enough bugs to keep you guys busy for a while, no need to spend this much time on developing a new gearing system and subsequently having to use resources to fix it every month.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Joonbeams
01.30.2017 , 04:32 PM | #4
Thanks! Will loot table drops be modified, such that there is a higher percentage chance to get a quality item with each drop?

RudeDog
01.30.2017 , 04:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Why not bring back the old system, that worked perfectly and enabled quick gearing for both mains and alts at ones own pace? Feels like there are quite enough bugs to keep you guys busy for a while, no need to spend this much time on developing a new gearing system and subsequently having to use resources to fix it every month.
Truth! There was nothing wrong with the old system. If there was a problem with gearing to quickly in the old system, just raise the price. Not hard at all...

The new GC system would have been fine as a supplement to the old system to give people opportunity to get gear without having to PVP or do Ops, but the new RNG system is horrid.

TUXs
01.30.2017 , 04:36 PM | #6
I thought that was the goal of 5.1?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

EricMusco
01.30.2017 , 04:39 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I thought that was the goal of 5.1?
The goal of 5.1 was to give a method for people to supplement Galactic Command so that aside from Command Crates, they could work towards a specific piece of gear. We did that through introducing Unassembled Pieces and Unassembled Tokens. We also added the start of some help for Legacies with Command Tokens as a Legacy Currency and the Legacy Perks.

5.1 was just the start of the changes though, and my post above was to let you know when to expect more specifics!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kyuuu
01.30.2017 , 04:43 PM | #8
Damage Control, just call it what it is

Mianera
01.30.2017 , 04:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuuu View Post
Damage Control, just call it what it is
+1

We could also do with an apology, some sort of compensation or both for this Galactic Fiasko, but like that's ever gonna happen....

giorgo
01.30.2017 , 04:53 PM | #10
Eric,
please tell the guy in charge that i only pvp and i would like to gear my ALTS SOME DAY!!! And my main !
I mean serious.
P.S. I have already unsubbed btw,if what i read this week doesnt seem like a legit way to gear up then thats it for me.
Playing since early access 18 Dec 2011.