Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback regarding CXP rate with backup reasoning

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback regarding CXP rate with backup reasoning
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kawiki
01.27.2017 , 12:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryenke View Post
Thanks for adding a pvp perspective! Your suggestions make sense to me, but honestly, I'm not the best judge.

As to your PVE suggestions, I, too, would love an increase to gold and silver mobs. But I really think BWA won't do this (even with your cap), so I didn't put it into my Original post. That said, I'm fully in favor of what you propose. The first two days, I made sure to clear ALL gold trash when I went and did stuff and seeing a visible cxp jump from them was FUN and encouraging.

I am hesitant about proposing a general mission and bonus mission cxp boost. Not that I don't think it is needed, I do, but I also feel it might have impact on the overall cxp rate in many many ways that might not be apparent until a large player base were to test and give metrics. This is the type of suggestion I would make as a phase 2 CXP modification suggestion, one which might require a bit more testing/caution.
Agree on both. It is a fine line on the daily missions. I actually enjoyed doing the heroics when 5.0 first dropped due to the amount CXP you were getting for golds. Now it is just rush to the end to get the planetary reward. Hopefully at some point they can find a happy medium on both where it is worth doing but not exploitable.

EricMusco
01.27.2017 , 12:20 PM | #22 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Among the different changes/options we are looking at, Weeklies is definitely one of the things we have been talking about. Good thread, keep the feedback coming.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

zerglord
01.27.2017 , 12:30 PM | #23
My suggestion is, give us double CXP during weekend(most people can play during weekend) and if everyone is happy with that, keep it as base CXP rate.

Thank You

Kurj
01.27.2017 , 01:34 PM | #24
What an awesome post, thank you, Ryenke. Let's hope the devs not only consider it, they actually implement it in short order.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

Sargrith
01.27.2017 , 01:49 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by zerglord View Post
My suggestion is, give us double CXP during weekend(most people can play during weekend) and if everyone is happy with that, keep it as base CXP rate.

Thank You
I can't get on board with that for one simple reason. The cxp rewards are not balanced between activities. Doubling them increases that inbalance. I don't think it would be hard to balance them but that needs to be done before doubling is a good idea.

I also think they need to take into account some other things during the balancing. Risk v Reward. PvP and GSF are both riskless and yet give some of the best cxp per hour out there. They also give components....GSF gives them at the highest rate yet doesn't even use the gear you would make from them....to me that is silly. HM FP on the other hand give very poor cxp per hour and give no components yet involve risk, you can die and need to spend credits to repair and you can spend an hour and fail to complete it because of a team that doesn't work. Same with even SM ops and very much true of HM and beyond ops. You can easily spend an hour or more on one boss in an operation and end up with nothing but massive repair bills. This isn't fair or balanced. If they are going to insist on leaving GSF and PvP two of the best gearing methods they need to bring other methods up to that level.

One step is remove repair costs and armor damage from all forms of play. It isn't balanced that one style has a cost and another does not.

There should be a base amount of cxp earned while in a FP or OP. If GSF and PvP will be awarding participation cxp the same needs to be true of other content as well. Yes you could walk into an op and just stand around....make it a small amount enough so doing it isn't really a good method of cxp but enough so wiping for an hour on a hm boss isn't a total waste but no so much its actually worth doing. Look I see a ton more AFK'ing in battlegrounds now, I get its not cool but to be balanced there has to be something done about time spent in FP and OPs that leads to not completing them.

Components for GSF need to go. I cannot see any real justification for a form of play that requires no gear and uses no gear to earn that gear. OR make it use the gear. One or the other,

HM FP should be a method of gearing up for OPs. That means they should drop components. That only seems right.

EVERY OPS BOSS MUST DROP UAs.

I really want the need for command tokens taken away. Its a stupid way to gate gear.

And then there is that elephant. RNG MUST GO AWAY. Yes I said it. The real problem with the current gearing system is the current gearing system. It can be tweaked, altered, changed. But it will never be right because its a flawed idea that should never have been used.

PlasmaJohn
01.27.2017 , 01:50 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaytram View Post
Why not just make meeting the weekly conquest objective award 15,000-20,000 cxp for each character that meets the objective? If you want to meet the object with PVP, fine, GSF, fine, Ops, fine......
Not a bad thought but Conquest has some shortcomings:

If you're into PvP or GSF then Conquest is a gold mine since you can pretty much spam run those as many times a night as you want. Only the daily Flashpoint, Op, or Uprising counts. Once you're done with the daily FP any other FP you run won't count for squat unless there's a specific instance in the list. (Same with Ops and Uprisings). Specific instances can only be done once a week and only once per legacy. Same fault with the weeklies.

#GCGankedMyMMO
unsubed 2017.03.05

Ibokagain
01.27.2017 , 02:06 PM | #27
Nice post Ryenke, thank you! I agree with alot that you said and would like to add more into that train of thought.

After talking with some friends and guildies we think they should add UC , CT, and more CXP to Daily and Weekly missions for everything. Now the exact numbers I'm not exactly sure however you would want to reward the harder group content with more of course but you also want to balance it out for those folks that just PVP and don't do PVE.

For many of us RNG is a problem and from the responses from EA/BIO it doesn't appear to be going away. So since it isn't going away what you can do is to allow folks the ability to buy the pieces of gear they want and not have to depend on rngesus for a piece of gear.

You could just add the UC, CT, and more CXP to the list that Ryenke made:

Regular Weekly Mission for Daily Areas
Planetary Heroic WEEKLY
Eternal Championship Weekly
Warzone Daily
Warzone Weekly
Solo Ranked Daily
Solo Ranked Warzone Weekly
Solo Ranked Daily
Group Ranked Warzone Weekly
Veteran Flashpoint Daily
Veteran Flashpoint Weekly
Master Flashpoint Daily
Master Flashpoint Weekly
Story Uprisings Daily
Story Uprisings Weekly
Veteran Uprisings Daily
Veteran Uprisings Weekly
Galactic Starfighter Daily
Galactic Starfighter Weekly
Operation Weekly
HM/NIM Weekly (doesn't exist) //
Toborro’s Courtyard/Monolith Weekly
Weekly Personal Conquest

Just my .02 however it would be nice to be able to buy the gear that I want to buy, I'm sure others feel this way too. Thanks.

zerglord
01.27.2017 , 02:11 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sargrith View Post
I can't get on board with that for one simple reason. The cxp rewards are not balanced between activities. Doubling them increases that inbalance. I don't think it would be hard to balance them but that needs to be done before doubling is a good idea.

I also think they need to take into account some other things during the balancing. Risk v Reward. PvP and GSF are both riskless and yet give some of the best cxp per hour out there. They also give components....GSF gives them at the highest rate yet doesn't even use the gear you would make from them....to me that is silly. HM FP on the other hand give very poor cxp per hour and give no components yet involve risk, you can die and need to spend credits to repair and you can spend an hour and fail to complete it because of a team that doesn't work. Same with even SM ops and very much true of HM and beyond ops. You can easily spend an hour or more on one boss in an operation and end up with nothing but massive repair bills. This isn't fair or balanced. If they are going to insist on leaving GSF and PvP two of the best gearing methods they need to bring other methods up to that level.

One step is remove repair costs and armor damage from all forms of play. It isn't balanced that one style has a cost and another does not.

There should be a base amount of cxp earned while in a FP or OP. If GSF and PvP will be awarding participation cxp the same needs to be true of other content as well. Yes you could walk into an op and just stand around....make it a small amount enough so doing it isn't really a good method of cxp but enough so wiping for an hour on a hm boss isn't a total waste but no so much its actually worth doing. Look I see a ton more AFK'ing in battlegrounds now, I get its not cool but to be balanced there has to be something done about time spent in FP and OPs that leads to not completing them.

Components for GSF need to go. I cannot see any real justification for a form of play that requires no gear and uses no gear to earn that gear. OR make it use the gear. One or the other,

HM FP should be a method of gearing up for OPs. That means they should drop components. That only seems right.

EVERY OPS BOSS MUST DROP UAs.

I really want the need for command tokens taken away. Its a stupid way to gate gear.

And then there is that elephant. RNG MUST GO AWAY. Yes I said it. The real problem with the current gearing system is the current gearing system. It can be tweaked, altered, changed. But it will never be right because its a flawed idea that should never have been used.
I agree that CXP reward should be more balanced, with the rest not so much. You too much worry about what others do.

You should play activity that you like and enjoy, not which gives you the most CXP. People that just repeat one activity over and over(especially if they don't like it) got burned and stop playing.

And doubling CXP will easy current grind, and make playing any activity more rewarding and fun.

Bristol
01.27.2017 , 02:25 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawiki View Post
Great Post.

A couple suggestions:

PvE -

1. I would bump daily and bonus missions slightly.
2 Revert to 10 CXP per gold with a daily cap of 5,000. I never farmed golds but I was enjoying doing heroics and not skipping what ever I could. Honestly I just run past/around everything i can now.
3. Give 2 per silver. Daily cap - 5,000
I have to agree with this. When 5.0 1st dropped, I was actually killing stuff in the heroics and flashpoints instead of using the creative wall-slides to get around the trash. Cap the CXP for Golds/Silvers daily/weekly whatever but 2CXP is game-breaking and a joke. the Gold CXP nerf makes them not worth anyone's time, 10 was good and I for one was enjoying the gain for the random kills.
The Bristol Legacy
Referral Link

Jplankey
01.27.2017 , 02:27 PM | #30
What is CXP?