Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suspending Game Logins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

evantz
01.27.2017 , 10:15 AM | #71
Between downloading and getting preferred status...it took me like 2 days of gaming. Between preferred and subscription...took me another 4-5 days. And then I subbed and all hell breaks loose. Maintenance, patch, two days trying to figure out how to repair the game that was broken by the patch, and as soon as I am back in, couple of hours later extra maintenance. And the next day a hotfix maintenance. Through the last two I am keeping fingers crossed for fear it will mess my login again. Really had agonizing two days fixing it after Tuesday.

But, anyway...this shows that -in a bit of disorganized manner- work is being done. Compared to my previous subscribed MMO (DDO), where there was one maintenance every other month, one patch every semester, bugs remained for months, exploits too...though at least they never got a misfire. What's best? Quick resolution or working resolution? Remains to be seen.

Rokdoc
01.27.2017 , 10:15 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Valaetia View Post
I have to say that coming here and seeing Eric posting and keeping us updated really made me, as a customer, feel valued. Thank you so much! It's amazing when there's communication between players and Devs.

Wow, week made!

Take your time in getting it fixed, SWTOR is worth the weight, more-so after this amazing example of respect for your players.
Agreed! Great to see the updates. Eric, thanks for the effort to keep us informed.

---AlterEgo---
01.27.2017 , 10:17 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by antiyoda View Post
Maybe a reward for those who reported instead of exploited?
The reward is knowing you did the right thing.

If you see a crime happening and you call the cops you expect to get money for reporting it? It's your civic duty to do right, otherwise you'd be no better than the criminals. Being better human beings than the criminals, that's the reward.

EricMusco
01.27.2017 , 10:18 AM | #74 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by antiyoda View Post
Maybe a reward for those who reported instead of exploited?
Keith (my boss) and I were talking about this very thing. We certainly want to reward the good (not exploiting and reporting it) over the bad (exploiting). Maybe we can do something like this in the future!

I just imagine everyone waiting around for us to introduce an exploit so everyone can start spamming my inbox and CS with reports to get their reward lol.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

LeviticusJones
01.27.2017 , 10:20 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Keith (my boss) and I were talking about this very thing. We certainly want to reward the good (not exploiting and reporting it) over the bad (exploiting). Maybe we can do something like this in the future!

I just imagine everyone waiting around for us to introduce an exploit so everyone can start spamming my inbox and CS with reports to get their reward lol.

-eric
Double Rewards for reporting the exploit of the reporting exploit!
Triple Rewards for posting the exploit of the reporting the reporting exploit exploit!
Quadruple Rew...

Rakalf
01.27.2017 , 10:20 AM | #76
So are servers up now?

JediAkemi
01.27.2017 , 10:21 AM | #77
I wonder where my Agent will rematerialise. The 15 minute warning came during the HK-47 fight in the Foundry and my team were still in the flashpoint when the servers went down.

_Luke_
01.27.2017 , 10:21 AM | #78
What about an in-game title for this?

Sixam
01.27.2017 , 10:21 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeZaRex View Post
I know for some like myself SWTOR is love SWTOR is life. But why does it feel like I am the only person who doesn't get annoyed or angry when the game is down.

Guys working on the game, keep ip the good work i love this game so much
I don't get annoyed either, actually.
If I: say something interesting, make you smile/laugh, help you out, profoundly touch your life...
Consider saying thanks with my RAF Link here.
What you'll get for doing so.

TUXs
01.27.2017 , 10:21 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
I think a CC grant would be a great "thank you" (and encouragement). You don't need to reward everyone, but the one that leads you to the real issue (most detailed) would certainly be deserving of a 5000 coin reward imo. Maybe offer 100cc to others who help, but I do like the idea of rewarding people who report it.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)