Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suspending Game Logins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jerba
01.27.2017 , 09:53 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Alright friends, let's talk about why we had the emergency maintenance. There was an issue that when someone in certain zones completed a Mission and hit the accept button to complete it, they would receive the rewards but the Mission wouldn't actually complete. This meant someone could infinitely hit the accept button over and over again and reap those rewards.

This created a bad situation for two reasons. First, it was extremely exploitable. Two, someone could get stuck where they couldn't progress because of their Mission not completing. For this reason we brought the servers down and started exploring if we could fix it live, without a patch (we can!).

We believe we can get this issue resolved and get the servers back online within about 45 minutes from the time of my post (hopefully sooner!). I will continue to pass on updates as I have them, thanks everyone.

-eric
Thanks for the transparency, and great to hear you can hotfix it. Looking forward to playing again later today!

Mahasrah
01.27.2017 , 09:53 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Bhougland View Post
Sorry guys, I had to divert some of their resources...something about a wall down south?
Buahahahahaha

Wallner
01.27.2017 , 09:55 AM | #53
Looking forward to playing when the servers get up!

I'm in friday lightsaber mode
Want to get awesome free stuff in-game? Use my referral link!:
---->http://www.swtor.com/r/63S7yc <-----

Kattla
01.27.2017 , 09:57 AM | #54
Alright friends, let's talk about why we had the emergency maintenance. There was an issue that when someone in certain zones completed a Mission and hit the accept button to complete it, they would receive the rewards but the Mission wouldn't actually complete. This meant someone could infinitely hit the accept button over and over again and reap those rewards.

This created a bad situation for two reasons. First, it was extremely exploitable. Two, someone could get stuck where they couldn't progress because of their Mission not completing. For this reason we brought the servers down and started exploring if we could fix it live, without a patch (we can!).
-eric
I had something simular happening to me last week, though that was more like autocomplete seemed to
complete a questchain twice.
The Sniperwolf legacy.
Seolfor and Karm°y @ The Progenitor.
Kattl, Seolfur, Qt-wan @ The Red Eclipse.

hillerbees
01.27.2017 , 09:58 AM | #55
On my day off and finally get to play the game - walk away from it for two minutes (to listen to my daughter play her Star Wars piece for her piano lessons ) ...come back and the game is down _ Bad news!

Come on here and find that there is a timely reason given for the suspension of play - well impressed. Thank you Eric - it DOES mean a lot!

Keep up the good communications and the player base can forgive a lot.

*going off to read my George Lucas biography*

EricMusco
01.27.2017 , 09:59 AM | #56 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_strikes View Post
Thanks for the update Eric. Will the cheaters be sanctioned for this? Or will there be a rollback?
Next steps are now that it is fixed, looking into if anyone abused it. I someone abused it, they exploited, and appropriate action will be taken against them. We might take their ill-gotten gains, but no rollbacks or anything like that.

As a side note, there were quite a few individuals who reported the issue very quickly to both myself, and to Customer Support. A special thanks to everyone who did! This always allows us to jump on addressing the issue as quickly as possible to stop it from becoming wide-spread.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SlaYoUu
01.27.2017 , 10:01 AM | #57
I suspected it was related to those crew missions chain popping and preventing me from going any further in my Trooper story (and apparently, it was not only crew mission rewards, some must have earned A LOT of good things abusing this loophole).

Glad to know it can be hot-fixed !

Livefats
01.27.2017 , 10:02 AM | #58
Next steps are now that it is fixed, looking into if anyone abused it. I someone abused it, they exploited, and appropriate action will be taken against them. We might take their ill-gotten gains, but no rollbacks or anything like that.

As a side note, there were quite a few individuals who reported the issue very quickly to both myself, and to Customer Support. A special thanks to everyone who did! This always allows us to jump on addressing the issue as quickly as possible to stop it from becoming wide-spread.

-eric
Thanks for the information and the updates, Eric.

SirOtama
01.27.2017 , 10:02 AM | #59
And here i was about 2 seconds away from raging at my PC again......

Cheers for the info Eric

Katushe
01.27.2017 , 10:03 AM | #60
All I heard in the last twitch and all even this communication shows you read and acted on what we all here complained. Even if is visible that the resources you have are not as big as we would wish, that is good.

Before going on forum I re-subbed. Seeing this sort of communication makes me happy I did.