Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suspending Game Logins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DreadtechSavant
01.27.2017 , 09:45 AM | #41
Just to clarify the issue is on shadowlands only? So all servers are down while you sort it but as I have only been on ToFN today I am not/have not been affected by the issue.

Ok any idea how long server will be down?

SamuDabu
01.27.2017 , 09:45 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I was trying to level my Agent and I kept running into other people. I just thought I would get some alone time on the server

Kidding of course(or am I!?!?), we'll talk about what is going on once we get through our investigation.

-eric
Hit lvl 70 with the Agent and play it as Healer in Ranked Warzones. Then tell me your experience with it in comparation on Sorceress Healer.

You'll see how unbalanced is the Healer world as Operative Medicine.

-Highsteel-
01.27.2017 , 09:46 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by LordAppius View Post
Jesus Musco you can't do anything right!!!! What did you and dream team broke this time?!
Life lesson: things don't always go smoothly during the day. What you should be focusing on is their timely response and update keeping us informed. When you get older you will understand it's importance.

EricMusco
01.27.2017 , 09:47 AM | #44 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Alright friends, let's talk about why we had the emergency maintenance. There was an issue that when someone in certain zones completed a Mission and hit the accept button to complete it, they would receive the rewards but the Mission wouldn't actually complete. This meant someone could infinitely hit the accept button over and over again and reap those rewards.

This created a bad situation for two reasons. First, it was extremely exploitable. Two, someone could get stuck where they couldn't progress because of their Mission not completing. For this reason we brought the servers down and started exploring if we could fix it live, without a patch (we can!).

We believe we can get this issue resolved and get the servers back online within about 45 minutes from the time of my post (hopefully sooner!). I will continue to pass on updates as I have them, thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

ThomasStarWars
01.27.2017 , 09:48 AM | #45
Alright friends, let's talk about why we had the emergency maintenance. There was an issue that when someone in certain zones completed a Mission and hit the accept button to complete it, they would receive the rewards but the Mission wouldn't actually complete. This meant someone could infinitely hit the accept button over and over again and reap those rewards.

This created a bad situation for two reasons. First, it was extremely exploitable. Two, someone could get stuck where they couldn't progress because of their Mission not completing. For this reason we brought the servers down and started exploring if we could fix it live, without a patch (we can!).

We believe we can get this issue resolved and get the servers back online within about 45 minutes from the time of my post (hopefully sooner!). I will continue to pass on updates as I have them, thanks everyone.

-eric
good to know eric

Kattla
01.27.2017 , 09:48 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by jozinkopucik View Post
Bioware is the only company that needs to do maintanance after just having done a maintenance!!
Not really. It seems to become more and more common in the software industry.
The Sniperwolf legacy.
Seolfor and Karm°y @ The Progenitor.
Kattl, Seolfur, Qt-wan @ The Red Eclipse.

Talon_strikes
01.27.2017 , 09:50 AM | #47

-eric
Thanks for the update Eric. Will the cheaters be sanctioned for this? Or will there be a rollback?
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

Ixilator
01.27.2017 , 09:51 AM | #48

-eric
Heh, someone on Dromand Kaas was reporting this exact issue in gen chat, I had a strong suspicion that this was the issue.

I'd say this was a VERY good reason to bring the servers down and I am very thankful you can fix it without a patch! Thanks for the timely updates!
My friend referral link! http://www.swtor.com/r/bFN8pV

ulusid
01.27.2017 , 09:52 AM | #49
Maybe they can fix the Bounty Hunter tier 1 off hand requiring a main hand unassembled peice from the vendor while they are at it.

Corraldh
01.27.2017 , 09:53 AM | #50
Thanks for the double CXP weekend due to Bioware's coding mistake. More of these types of things to make it up to players when developers mess up will go a long way to help the community to over look things like an update 2 days after an update.