Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox
01.26.2017 , 07:19 PM | #1
Like the title says, Thanks for Malavai Quinn. I can't wait to get him back. I'm so excited. I do hope the VA is Richard Teverson (same as before), it wouldn't be the same without him.

Thanks for Quinn. <3

JennyFlynn
01.26.2017 , 07:21 PM | #2
*snorts* Yes thank you Bioware! Many ovaries across the virtual board just exploded upon that announcement and I'm stoked! And I second Luna on the VA, please let it be Richard again. ♥
Unsubscribed until new story content is provided and/or all companions have returned.

--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

Lunafox
01.26.2017 , 07:25 PM | #3
*high fives Jenny* I really am excited. Been waiting so long for him to come back.

DarthLunafox says: Malavai Quinn is <3

Jagaimee
01.26.2017 , 07:30 PM | #4
I admit, I squealed in an extremely girlish way when I saw that Quinn's coming back. YAY!!! So, so, SO happy about this. My warrior finally, FINALLY gets her beloved husband back!

...I hope. o.o It's been six years now that they've been separated. I hope Quinn hasn't changed drastically...and that he's got the same voice actor. Wouldn't be Quinn without that lovely voice.
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

Ralei
01.26.2017 , 07:30 PM | #5
Yay!!!!!! Quinn is back! Now I have to decide whether I'm gonna love him or kill him Maybe he'll beg again, or maybe he'll have been doing something amazing that will make up for everything. He better have.

I bet it would be too much to ask for him to come back playersexual, but a girl can dream.

Also, I'm a little bit nervous about the whole "choose Empire if you want Imperial companions back". What if I want them all???? And Lord Scourge is a republic companion but he'd obviously side imperial, so they'll take that into consideration, right? And I'm going Imperial to get Quinn, but what about when Risha comes around? She's my fav woman.

Lunafox
01.26.2017 , 07:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagaimee View Post
I admit, I squealed in an extremely girlish way when I saw that Quinn's coming back. YAY!!! So, so, SO happy about this. My warrior finally, FINALLY gets her beloved husband back!

...I hope. o.o It's been six years now that they've been separated. I hope Quinn hasn't changed drastically...and that he's got the same voice actor. Wouldn't be Quinn without that lovely voice.
Me too. I couldn't believe my eyes honestly. ^^

Quote: Originally Posted by Ralei View Post
Yay!!!!!! Quinn is back! Now I have to decide whether I'm gonna love him or kill him Maybe he'll beg again, or maybe he'll have been doing something amazing that will make up for everything. He better have.

I bet it would be too much to ask for him to come back playersexual, but a girl can dream.

Also, I'm a little bit nervous about the whole "choose Empire if you want Imperial companions back". What if I want them all???? And Lord Scourge is a republic companion but he'd obviously side imperial, so they'll take that into consideration, right? And I'm going Imperial to get Quinn, but what about when Risha comes around? She's my fav woman.
This worries me a bit too. I hope they don't gate the companions behind which side you choose. I think you should be able to choose the companions you want. Mostly I'm concerned about Scourge. My Dark Jedi wants to support the Empire...but I fear they'll gate Scourge behind pub comps. I hope they let us choose each on their own merit and our preference for each comp, rather than gating them. Gating them would suck the joy out of it for me.

Udoroththefinal
01.26.2017 , 07:36 PM | #7
You qinnmancers are so weird

So your ok with wanting to be in a relationship with some who tryed to kill you?

There is no way you can rationalize that unless you have some bizzare case of Stockholm syndrome, the only reason anyone should be reasonably excited about this is if you are looking forward to rectifying the original class stories mistake of not being able to kill him

In a game with weak female romances quinn is still one of the worsts, picking his job over his feelings for you, i actully felt pity for the female SW when she says "but i thought you loved me".

So im happy too that he's back, so i can finally put that traitor where he belongs, 6 feet under.

JennyFlynn
01.26.2017 , 07:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Mostly I'm concerned about Scourge. My Dark Jedi wants to support the Empire...but I fear they'll gate Scourge behind pub comps. I hope they let us choose each on their own merit and our preference for each comp, rather than gating them. Gating them would suck the joy out of it for me.
This. ^ I really do hope they're considerate of the Companion's personality... Felix Iresso being miffed if you sided with the Empire would make some sense, perhaps Kira too given her background as a former child of the Emperor but Scourge... he shouldn't blink an eye at what you've chosen, especially not if you're a Jedi Knight.
Unsubscribed until new story content is provided and/or all companions have returned.

eriksarcasm
01.26.2017 , 07:40 PM | #9
I'm glad you guys are happy. I personally can't share your joy until Kira and Mako return. Soon (TM)...
It's what i do... I drink, and I know things.

JennyFlynn
01.26.2017 , 07:44 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Udoroththefinal View Post
You qinnmancers are so weird

So your ok with wanting to be in a relationship with some who tryed to kill you?

There is no way you can rationalize that unless you have some bizzare case of Stockholm syndrome, the only reason anyone should be reasonably excited about this is if you are looking forward to rectifying the original class stories mistake of not being able to kill him

In a game with weak female romances quinn is still one of the worsts, picking his job over his feelings for you, i actully felt pity for the female SW when she says "but i thought you loved me".

So im happy too that he's back, so i can finally put that traitor where he belongs, 6 feet under.
Yes, I'm perfectly okay with being in a relationship with Quinn even after he TRIED to kill me. It's not as black and white as some folks make it out to be. Quinn had a loyalty to Baras that pre-dated him ever even meeting the Sith Warrior and on top of that he's a non-Force user stuck between two Sith in a situation where either choice, any choice would likely cost him his life. Where Baras would torture, gut and kill him for defiance and where he risks the wrath of the SW if he follows through on Baras' orders. I've never faulted him for being dealt a sh.itty hand and I survived. It made me stronger, it challenged and honed my skills to defeat those droids and through that ordeal I became more certain than before that now I truly did have Quinn's loyalty and support. No Stockholm syndrome either, just strength. Forgiving is actually far harder than simply killing someone to 'get even' so... yeah, my female Sith Warrior is happy her husband's finally returning.