Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unassembled Pieces and Command Token Costs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Unassembled Pieces and Command Token Costs
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
01.20.2017 , 02:59 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

As we talked about in the Galactic Command Thread, Game Update 5.1 will introduce methods for you to work towards getting specific pieces of Tier gear. A big part of that will be from Unassembled Gear Pieces. Those Pieces can drop from Operations bosses or purchased from the new PvP vendor for Unassembled Components. Once you have the piece, you will need to bring it to a new vendor on the fleet where you can purchase that specific piece of gear. As an example, if you have a Tier 1 Unassembled Head Piece you will be able to come to the vendor and purchase any Tier 1 head piece of your choice. Each Unassembled Piece also has a Command Token cost to purchase them, let’s break those down. The costs will be listed by slot and then the Command Token cost by Tier (Tier 1/Tier 2/ Tier 3). Here they are:
  • Chest – 10/15/24
  • Legs -10/15/24
  • Head -10/15/24
  • Hands -10/15/24
  • Feet -10/15/24
  • Waist – 7/10/15
  • Wrist - 7/10/15
  • Implant - 8/12/18
  • Earpiece – 8/12/18
  • Relic – 8/12/18
  • Mainhand – 12/18/28
  • Off-hand – 12/18/28

As a reminder, you earn Command Tokens in each Command Crate that you open. You earn them at the following rate per crate:
  • Tier 1 – 5
  • Tier 2 – 8
  • Tier 3 – 12

Lastly, there are new Command XP Boosts that you can buy for Command Tokens. These boosts only work while a character is in a specified Tier. They provide a 15% boost which stacks with the new legacy perk but not the MTX boost. Here are their costs:
  • Tier 1 – 20
  • Tier 2 – 28
  • Tier 3 – 44

Let me know if you have any questions or anything is unclear. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Boomdiddy
01.20.2017 , 03:14 PM | #2
Wow what an elegant and simple way to implement this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Referral link for free stuff. I assure you, it is not a trap. This is what you get for clicking.

Voblat
01.20.2017 , 03:18 PM | #3
As you only round down, 15% increase to 2xp for golds is still 2.

Heroics, the main solo content, is still boned.

And now, to replace a system of three different crystals because it was too complicated, we have tokens, assembled and unassembled pieces. two different boosts plus a need to combine at least two elements to get a reward.

Do you guys actually listen to yourselves at any point?

kodrac
01.20.2017 , 03:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Voblat View Post
As you only round down, 15% increase to 2xp for golds is still 2.

Heroics, the main solo content, is still boned.

And now, to replace a system of three different crystals because it was too complicated, we have tokens, assembled and unassembled pieces. two different boosts plus a need to combine at least two elements to get a reward.

Do you guys actually listen to yourselves at any point?
This just made me giggle. They can't win for losing. I'm gonna need to consult an abacus after everything I do.

Wayshuba
01.20.2017 , 03:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Boomdiddy View Post
Wow what an elegant and simple way to implement this.
My brain can't handle this..... it is so much simpler than having three crystal levels and WZ commendations that we were too dumb for.
"Do or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

KismetBP - Spear of Destiny

DarthZaul
01.20.2017 , 03:30 PM | #6
huh.... so the command token costs are so trivial you basically do get a gear piece just for looting it in raids. Not bad.

ddttor
01.20.2017 , 03:48 PM | #7
What's MTX Boost?
I know only about DvL Boost and CM Boost

PlasmaJohn
01.20.2017 , 03:50 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ddttor View Post
What's MTX Boost?
MTX = Microtransaction. The industry malapropism for cash shop purchases. (nothing micro about those costs)

Quote: Originally Posted by ddttor View Post
I know only about DvL Boost and CM Boost
The overpriced CXP boost you can buy from the cash shop.

#GCGankedMyMMO
unsubed 2017.03.05

Lunafox
01.20.2017 , 03:54 PM | #9
The new system is already giving me a migraine. Why couldn't we just get tokens and turn them in for an armour piece once we have 'x' amount?

ludoviccb
01.20.2017 , 04:01 PM | #10
We get one really messy system that combine three types of commendations that we get from command ranks and token from the bosses.

Those Command Token should be for Vanity and Boost items and shouldn't be needed for any type of gear that require token.
Officer of Hob-Bit on the server The Shadowlands

This is a referal link and this is what you get from clicking it.