Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think Star Wars episode 9 will do for Princess Leia's role?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What do you think Star Wars episode 9 will do for Princess Leia's role?

darthscotty
01.02.2017 , 11:50 AM | #21
I do not think they will go the CGI route for the character in episode 9, they have said that doing it for Tarkin and Leia in rouge one was really really expensive, so for any kind of role beyond a glorified cameo I just do not see it happening. How they handle Leia in episode 8 and 9 now becomes the most interesting question in all of star wars.
Quote: Originally Posted by Babby View Post
We don't tolerate facts around here.

AlrikFassbauer
01.02.2017 , 12:37 PM | #22
I hope they'll have something better in for her than the demise of the character played by Marty Feldman ( he died near the end of the filming of Yellowbeard, a movie well in the tradition of Monty Python's ).
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

DarthDymond
01.02.2017 , 02:27 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by darthscotty View Post
I do not think they will go the CGI route for the character in episode 9, they have said that doing it for Tarkin and Leia in rouge one was really really expensive, so for any kind of role beyond a glorified cameo I just do not see it happening. How they handle Leia in episode 8 and 9 now becomes the most interesting question in all of star wars.
Pretty sure Tarkin had about as much screen time in Rogue One as Leia had in Episode VII, so I wouldn't rule it out entirely.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Parane
01.02.2017 , 04:52 PM | #24
She'll become a sentient AI, inserted into an R2 unit, and then sent back in time to give herself the Death Star battle plans. You read it here first.
Playing on: Harbinger and Red Eclipse <-- R.I.P

kromandar
01.10.2017 , 09:52 PM | #25
I'd had someone at school mention casting Stevie Nicks... Suggested they look enough alike...

However, I agree with many of the other posters... Give her an honorable off-screen passing if they haven't done an on-screen one in episode viii...

CM
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him
and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble

Please click here for my referral code... Help us both out with free items!

nixpixsith
01.15.2017 , 08:48 PM | #26
Update: Star Wars release a statement that there would be no showing her using CGI technology in the future, or at least no plans. Looks like they may kill her off though I still don't like the idea of her dying off screen
Subscribers click my referral link for awesome bonuses such as 500 cartel coins if you click it before January 3rd!!

Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/nxrGRv

kubacho
01.18.2017 , 01:49 PM | #27
Thats a shame. Hope they have all the materials for Ep. 8 then. Editting off main hero in post production can screw up with movie flow. And she deserves only best type of goodbye. Like a badas, brinnging back Kylo on LS...or killing him