Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What will Disney do with Princess Leia in next movie?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What will Disney do with Princess Leia in next movie?

RameiArashi
12.31.2016 , 05:07 PM | #1
Some character mention she's on a secret mission, which she'll never return from?
Have her ship blow up giving the character an on screen death?
Nothing?

catsi
12.31.2016 , 07:51 PM | #2
well they already stated that shed finished her scenes for Episode 8 so she will appear in that movie. As for Chapter 9 who knows?

Possible CGI replacement as they did for Paul Walker is not out of the question depending on what they work out with her estate.

But they also could go for an off screen death with dignity and let her memorial be the victory over the first order.
Ana Tathis 70 JK, Serraphin 70 COM/VG, Naashasa 70 Sage, Calliann, 70 GS, Kae'ra 70JK, Phyera 70 Sage
Rhea-hawk 70 PT, Gaa'ra 70 Mara, Fio'on 70 AS/Sorc , Mirri'elle 70 OP, Narayssa 70 Jug

Schnedicles
01.01.2017 , 03:58 AM | #3
Like above she's done her scenes for episode 8, I'd imagine they are going to use a bit of CGI like in the last one and then probably kill, I imagine they'll want to do something about her and Han Solo reuniting but I don't know how as Han isn't a Jedi and she isn't trained so they wouldn't become force ghosts.
Want 7 days of subscription time and some more goodies while helping each other out?
Click My FREE Referral link for rewards
Referral link info here

SadistShiro
01.16.2017 , 06:52 PM | #4
Thankfully no CGI. They did it well in Rogue One but I feel it's a little distasteful now that she's gone. I guess they will need to adapt somehow and edit/cut some of her scenes for episode 8. As for episode 9 it's hard to say, not too sure how significant her role would have been but in any case they will need to altar the story somewhat.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.

Perunwic
01.18.2017 , 07:17 AM | #5
Can't find source right now, but some sources in Disney stated, that her role in Episode VIII will be more significant, than in Episode VII and in Episode IX they wanted to make it even more significant. I think that now, despite fact that she finished shots for Episode VII, some scenario change are needed. Thus we may not seen all scene she recorded, but that's just my assumption.
“For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.”

dr_mike
01.18.2017 , 11:14 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by catsi View Post
As for Chapter 9 who knows?
There's an article this morning in my local paper and elsewhere online that they will not digitize her form in Chapter 9.

Granted how they feel may change later on.

And I point out again that they would have to get permission from her estate to do so.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth