Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Exploits and Galactic Command

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Exploits and Galactic Command
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Radzkie
01.12.2017 , 02:45 PM | #151
Lmfaaooooo

Figuring out a mini boss kills himself with a mechanic = exploit? Which gives 20cxp and saves the group 1~ minute... Ok yup sounds like a massive advantage to me.

So I think all of us vets who figured out how to skip mini bosses(which sometimes included resetting them) in FPs should be punished for exploiting too. Fairs fair right? Since apparently this is your new definition of an exploit.
Imperial Agent: "Are you done talking? Can I go ahead and kill you now? Yes? Good."

Keraejis
01.12.2017 , 03:04 PM | #152
I would just like to add that what is allowed and what is intended are different. The game is intended to be played and many players do not. Trash is intended to be fought and workarounds are happening and they are allowed. Stealthing through a flashpoint was NOT intended, but it is allowed... or was...

Radzkie
01.12.2017 , 03:54 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Keraejis View Post
Stealthing through a flashpoint was NOT intended, but it is allowed... or was...
Careful that might be considered an exploit now.
Imperial Agent: "Are you done talking? Can I go ahead and kill you now? Yes? Good."

Ambramotte
01.12.2017 , 06:34 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Radzkie View Post
Lmfaaooooo

Figuring out a mini boss kills himself with a mechanic = exploit? Which gives 20cxp and saves the group 1~ minute... Ok yup sounds like a massive advantage to me.

So I think all of us vets who figured out how to skip mini bosses(which sometimes included resetting them) in FPs should be punished for exploiting too. Fairs fair right? Since apparently this is your new definition of an exploit.

Nah, that's obviously an intended mechanic. No different than using retaliatory grip on HM MB. This mini boss just has less health.

Ambramotte
01.12.2017 , 06:45 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Keraejis View Post
I would just like to add that what is allowed and what is intended are different. The game is intended to be played and many players do not. Trash is intended to be fought and workarounds are happening and they are allowed. Stealthing through a flashpoint was NOT intended, but it is allowed... or was...
Sure it was intended, they gave certain classes stealth and hard CC. That's like saying popping Sabre Reflect on Torque in 3.0 or on NiM Terror's scream is an exploit. Clearly it was intended to work otherwise the devs would have put a check in there to make SR not work. If they change it, fine. But they're smart designers, they tested it, and they're watching the numbers ... therefore working as intended ... therefore not an exploit.

These things are in no way like the stack cloaning or getting loot from a boss you didn't kill. Those are clearly not working as intended. But boss mechanics? They've thoroughly tested those and they monitor the numbers. It's absolutely intended.

Kheld
01.13.2017 , 10:38 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by vaporousmist View Post
Fractured should be fixed because of the suicide bug on the last boss. But to call it an exploit? You force us into playing the game the way YOU want us to (even ben said that in one of your streams). Even without the bug, Fractured would still be the quickest uprising to run and therefore people would still be farming that uprising over any other.
As half the server seems to be doing it I think Biowares "threat" to reset CXP is an empty one.
The Force will be with you, always.

Darthanimus
01.13.2017 , 11:05 AM | #157
Bioware wouldn't dare reset all those peoples command experience levels. It has been so widespread it is now beyond punishment.

I would like to add that the cxp thing is so ludicrous people are willing to try to speed up leveling regardless of consequence. If bioware read between the lines they would see this for what it is, an attempt to salvage something out of this farce that is command experience.
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

EricMusco
01.13.2017 , 02:55 PM | #158 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Just in case you missed it, I posted about the Fractured exploit over here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...25#edit9207325

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TrixxieTriss
01.14.2017 , 10:55 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As we move towards the expansion launch, I wanted to post a reminder about our exploit policy and to talk about how it will work with Galactic Command. First, a general reminder on what to do if you think you have discovered an exploit:
  • Discontinue the questionable action immediately.
  • Send a private message to myself or Tait Watson on the forums with any and all details you have on the issue. Do not make a public post with this information.
  • Submit an in-game bug report.
  • If you happen to hear about a possible exploit, do not test it yourself. This can leave you open to action being taken against your account.
With those reminders in place, let's talk about Galactic Command and specifically Command Experience Points (CXP). When you reach level 70, most activities in the game will reward you with CXP, which will earn you Command Ranks and subsequently Command Crates. Since Command Crates are your source of end-game gear we are going to be extra diligent and harsh on exploits relating to CXP. As a reminder, an exploit is using the game in an unintended manner to gain an advantage, typically through the use of a bug or subversion of game mechanics.

If anyone is discovered to have abused an exploit related to CXP we intend to take severe action, including:
  • Resetting that character(s) Command Rank to 1
  • Stripping all gear/items earned from Galactic Command
  • Standard ToS action up to and including permanent ban
Again, if you discover an exploit, please refrain from using it and report it to us privately as soon as possible. Thanks everyone!

-eric
Eric, would you agree that going into a pvp match and standing in the corner or throwing matches to farm CXP is an exploit.
It's certainly not playing the game as intended and they are exploiting the system to get rewards they haven't earned.
It's probably why I am seeing lots of bots in pvp now. In the past we hardly saw any unless there was an easy reward they could use. Now I'm seeing multiple bots.

Vinak
01.16.2017 , 01:37 AM | #160
I'm genuinely curious how long it's going to take them to realize Galactic Command isn't worth salvaging. Hopefully before they are forced to shut the servers down this time around.
>████TootsieRoll®████<
MXX ______.________CCCLXVII