Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level all the way to 50 before trying new class or not?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Level all the way to 50 before trying new class or not?

Neemoo
12.29.2011 , 05:28 PM | #1
Hey!

The topic pretty much says it all, should one level all the way to 50 before trying out a new class to see if there's another class that's more fun than the current one, or should one re-roll a new character early on so you don't 'waste' time on the first character?

To put this into an example; I currently am lvl 20 on my Sith Warrior Juggernaut and I enjoy it, but I don't feel all that excited about the class. Yet I feel like I should finish it and go all the way to 50 before I create a new character and try it out. What do you think, is it a 'waste' of time going to 50, create a new character and then you find it more exciting than the main one?

Haasth
12.29.2011 , 07:45 PM | #2
I suggest level all the classes you are interested in to around level 20.
It takes a bit of time (Not all that long) and gives you a good insight into the class' storyline, gameplay and general feel.

There's no reason to rush to 50 honestly. Most people are still leveling, it's nice being 50 sure.. but you won't fall behind if you spend another month getting there.

Tiresias
12.29.2011 , 07:56 PM | #3
Most classes come into their own by around level 25. The exception to this is Kinetic Shadows/Darkness Assassins who really need to get to level 40 and fill out their primary talent tree before you can take advantage of a full rotation, as cycling in Telekinetic Throw/Force Lightning and Slow Time/Wither pretty dramatically change the way the class tanks.

You can get to level 25 pretty quickly in this game, thanks to the bonus experience from Space Combat and Flashpoints. Differences in storyline and companion characters also make a pretty big difference. I recommend trying out a couple of classes.

Hambunctious
12.29.2011 , 09:04 PM | #4
No, play a few other classes into their 20s before deciding to take one to 50. IMO, the best quests are all on the starting, and home worlds. It goes down hill after that. It doesn't help that I played for 9 months before release, and that colors my view.