Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

electrostaff

Nasagi
12.29.2011 , 11:41 AM | #1
What's the purpose of electrostaffs for the assassin's class if all our techs and charges require double bladed lightsabers?

antibiomech
12.29.2011 , 11:45 AM | #2
shockassins, and madness spec, have less dblbld requirements then deception.

Nasagi
12.29.2011 , 06:57 PM | #3
well, according to the skills..All 3 charges require double bladed lightsabers, as does Maul..So I'm curious if this is an oversight or if electrostaffs are just useless?I mean yes you can use base abilities but you'd not be able to use the charges that make assassin's cool, or Maul them to death..

sankalp
12.29.2011 , 07:20 PM | #4
Electrostaff is a JC weapon. Sins can use it but its pretty useless.

Nasagi
12.29.2011 , 07:32 PM | #5
Just checked out the Consular's version of the Charges and they all require Double Bladed Lightsaber as well..So I'm just curious why they're here if we use our main techniques as Assassins OR Shadows without a double bladed lightsaber

Invitcted
12.29.2011 , 08:57 PM | #6
Both of those replies are blatantly wrong. It's just there in case you accidently sell you lightsaber and or for social gear.
▔ịị◚◚◚◚◚ịịδ▔ịị7▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

sankalp
12.29.2011 , 09:03 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Invitcted View Post
Both of those replies are blatantly wrong. It's just there in case you accidently sell you lightsaber and or for social gear.
Because if you accidently sell your lightsaber you cant buy a new one?

Nasagi
12.29.2011 , 09:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Invitcted View Post
I've bought the Drommund Kaas Commendation electrostaff, and when I equip it, I can't use Maul or any of the charges..So it seems like a useless weapon to me

TIE-Defender
12.29.2011 , 09:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
Because if you accidently sell your lightsaber you cant buy a new one?
Or just use the Buy Back tab on the vendor you sold it to?

I do wish the charge abilities were usable with the electrostaff. As it is, it's just a way to show contempt for an opponent by self gimping yourself to use one.

Ellyll
01.01.2012 , 07:30 AM | #10
That's disappointing. It would be nice to have at least a tiny, if only aesthetic, choice in weapons.

It's like a bounty hunter not being able to use a blaster rifle, despite them not doing any more damage than a comparable blaster.

It's not like it's adding to balance, it's just a random restriction.