Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How the Rakghoul on Taris are explained ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How the Rakghoul on Taris are explained ?

Angedechu
12.29.2011 , 07:34 PM | #1
I'm really curious about the Rakghoul plague (KOTOR game and KOTOR comic veteran) but I'm wondering how it's explained in game, as according to Vector, Celeste Morne was buried with the amulet controlling them on a ice planet...

Karkais
12.29.2011 , 08:03 PM | #2
Isn't rakghoul plague a disease? Contracted by the bite of a rakghoul? So you originally needed only few or even one of them, which then multiplied and kept on infecting more people.

The Muur amulet can turn non-force users into rakghouls at much accelerated speed, but its not the only source of rakghouls. As far as I know.

Note: this is an opinion. I have not yet played as far as Taris in TOR myself.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Sandmanmr
12.29.2011 , 08:05 PM | #3
I agree lore leak and memory leak on the same planet!

Vike
12.29.2011 , 09:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sandmanmr View Post
I agree lore leak and memory leak on the same planet!
Lol.

The bite of a Rakghoul is contagious, so if there was ever just one left from the original Muur Talisman the potential to spread would still be there. Since it affects virtually any species it can continuously spread. The arrival of colonists and refugees probably sustained it through the years.
[▀]▥▥▥▥!▀▀!Ξ[▀[ị(███████████████████████████████████████)

krisslanza
12.29.2011 , 09:36 PM | #5
As you progress Taris plot, it's also guessed the Rakghouls have evolved have started to breed somehow.

nogoodtom
12.29.2011 , 11:14 PM | #6
The Rakghouls started out as one of Naga Sadow's Sith Experiments while he was still Dark Lord of the Sith way back when. They were created with Sith Magic and eventualy became a major threat to Naga Sadow's Sith Empire so he exiled his creations to Taris where they remain to this day. Naga Sadow designed the Rakghouls so that whenever an enemy was infected with the plague, they would become a twisted and savage monster that would obey Sadow's commants from his Meditation Sphere. This way he could conquer entire systems without deploying any troops using only the Rakghoul plague, however, the Rakghouls resisted his domination and rebelled.
Hope this answers some questions.
"Everything is proceeding exactly as I have forseen." -Darth Sidious

darth_kodos
12.30.2011 , 03:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by nogoodtom View Post
The Rakghouls started out as one of Naga Sadow's Sith Experiments while he was still Dark Lord of the Sith way back when. They were created with Sith Magic and eventualy became a major threat to Naga Sadow's Sith Empire so he exiled his creations to Taris where they remain to this day. Naga Sadow designed the Rakghouls so that whenever an enemy was infected with the plague, they would become a twisted and savage monster that would obey Sadow's commants from his Meditation Sphere. This way he could conquer entire systems without deploying any troops using only the Rakghoul plague, however, the Rakghouls resisted his domination and rebelled.
Hope this answers some questions.
i thought they were created by karness muur with his muur talisman
i love lightsabers

Ranadiel_Marius
12.30.2011 , 05:21 AM | #8
There is one Republic sidequest that suggests that Rakghouls were created by exposure to a specific chemical. In the Republic bonus series, there is a quest where they say the Rakghouls were the creation of an application of the dark side. The interesting thing is what they suggest about the future of the Rakghouls(at least if you choose light side and are on the Republic, dunno about the Empire quests).

TheLureA
12.30.2011 , 09:19 AM | #9
Its made blatantly clear through the World Quests and Side Quests between the two factions (played through Taris on both sides) that the Sith (or some Sith) introduced it a long time ago.

Omnitheo
12.30.2011 , 01:35 PM | #10
Karness Muur and his talisman long predate Naga Sadow. Although it's possible Sadow could have created them through similar sorcery or knowledge obtained from Muur