Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher not responding

OwenBrooks
12.20.2016 , 10:30 PM | #21
Welcome Mate

that is sort of good news, how and why bitdefender is causing issues now I cant help with i'm afraid

It is probably best to talk to the bitdefender people in regards to what occurred so they can identify and sort it

DizzyrupTor
12.20.2016 , 10:35 PM | #22
It must have been a recent update that triggered this. I was fully ready to blame windows 10 and M$ for this lol

Time to find a different anti-v while its being an *** with Swtor

OwenBrooks
12.20.2016 , 10:39 PM | #23
I'll put this issue in the known issues sticky at EA Answers HQ - Link

This will likely affect anyone with bitdefender now by the sounds of it, so it may help some others from pulling their hair out.

May The Force Be With You

Zorintheos
12.21.2016 , 08:34 AM | #24
I'm experiencing the same black launch screen, but my computer reads everything is running normally and is trying to load the content but is failing. I am using Windows 10 as well after patch 5.0.1 was installed.

OwenBrooks
12.21.2016 , 08:37 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorintheos View Post
I'm experiencing the same black launch screen, but my computer reads everything is running normally and is trying to load the content but is failing. I am using Windows 10 as well after patch 5.0.1 was installed.
Just to be clear this thread is the launcher being black with Bitdefender as an Antivirus , I gather this is on pressing the play button , in which case follow the directions in this thread for the client_settings file

LordCmdrReaperrr
12.21.2016 , 12:33 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Bitdefender has caused issues before , standby will find the old threads in case similar
Thanks for the Help. Removing Bitdefender solved my problem also. The weird thing is there was no warning that it was an antivirus problem. Bitdefender just silently blocked it from loading. I think it's Bitdefender ' s new ransomware protection engine causing the problem possibly.

I had to go in to the Bitdefender Antivirus exclusions , I added the SWTOR install folder and then the individual files Launcher.exe , swtor.exe and the bitraider ones as well seperately under folder and file exclusions. Then i had to add them again under process services exclusions in BitDefender in order to get Swtor working again.

I hope this helps anybody that experiences this issue.

NeverLoseFaith
12.21.2016 , 02:23 PM | #27
Peace is a Lie

OwenBrooks
12.22.2016 , 07:29 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LordCmdrReaperrr View Post
Thanks for the Help. Removing Bitdefender solved my problem also. The weird thing is there was no warning that it was an antivirus problem. Bitdefender just silently blocked it from loading. I think it's Bitdefender ' s new ransomware protection engine causing the problem possibly.

I had to go in to the Bitdefender Antivirus exclusions , I added the SWTOR install folder and then the individual files Launcher.exe , swtor.exe and the bitraider ones as well seperately under folder and file exclusions. Then i had to add them again under process services exclusions in BitDefender in order to get Swtor working again.

I hope this helps anybody that experiences this issue.
Thanks for posting what you have found as a workaround for this issue