Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR 5-year Anniversary

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
12.20.2016 , 11:50 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Today marks the 5-year anniversary of SWTOR! If you haven't caught it already, Ben's Producer letter along with the 5-year collage are now live here: http://www.swtor.com/swtor5/blog. I know that like myself, many of you have been here since the very beginning. Even if you haven't, I thought this thread could be used as a place to share your favorite memory of the last 5 years. Happy anniversary everyone! Here is to many more years ahead of us .

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SlthBounteHuntah
12.20.2016 , 11:54 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Here is to many more years ahead of us.
We'll see.

I'll buy no more Cartel Coins, no more subscriptions.

#RemoveRNG

Jerba
12.20.2016 , 11:55 AM | #3
Awesome, happy anniversary everyone! Not sure if the game can last another 5 years but I hope it will.

I've had tons of nice memories since vanilla, there are too many to list. My favorites would probably come from raiding. Like when we scheduled additional raid nights just so we could clear DF NiM 1-4 within the first week it released, and getting world 8th on that. Finally defeating Revan HM was also great. I have made my own slideshow for #swtor5 but since it's in German, many won't care about it.

Now off to find out if my toon made it into the collage...
Edit: Yay, I'm in the collage, 3rd row, 2nd column.

ShardODarkness
12.20.2016 , 11:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Here is to many more years ahead of us.
...debatable at best.
"My hate will set the Galaxy aflame"

For a free week, Server Transfer, and Jumpstart Bundle click here for the referral link!

Costello
12.20.2016 , 12:04 PM | #5
Many things this game does very well but creating 'the most evil family in Star Wars' was not a crowning achievement.

8 Individual class stories, amazing. 5 Unique Companions for each class amazing, force choking a Rancor Amazing. Baras, Jadas, Malgus, playing a smuggler that marries a princess all amazing.

Killing the Sith Emperor Amazing. Bringing the Sith Emperor back and battling him on Ziost, pretty good. Turning him into a family man with no explanation that even at the end of Kotet your still confused as to what he was doing. Really not up there.

That said is there any plans to have the writing team come in and explain all the back story and fill in the masses of plot holes left by last two story updates. There are a hell of a lot with obviously the Sith Emperor and the Eternal fleets usage and what happened on Voss in the Sith Warriors story spring to mind but plenty more that I wont touch on as I don't want to get accused of off topic or spoilers.

DarthDymond
12.20.2016 , 12:05 PM | #6
Cool - happy game-iversary! Thank you for the overall great experience I've had with it to date.

Keep up the great storytelling
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Azidahka
12.20.2016 , 12:10 PM | #7
Congrats on making it this far. Tor was my first MMO and I have had a lot of fun with it. Hopefully we will see some new and exciting group endgame content soon. Respectfully, while still fun (I mostly pvp), I am finding doing the same content over and over a little stale.
Zulthan | Zulthon

SWTOR PVP Videos

Galahard
12.20.2016 , 12:19 PM | #8
Happy Birthday swtor!

I can't decide which is my most memorable memory, there are so many of them, maybe later I come back and edit.

Just wanted to say, happy birthday/anniversary!
Your lack of intelligence is insulting (SCORPIO).

Tsillah
12.20.2016 , 12:21 PM | #9
I won't act like I'm happy with the current state of the game but I also am not beyond remembering that I've played SWTOR for many years and have had a lot of fun in it.

So here's hoping the game will get back to being fun for me again soon. It's what I'm hoping for.
Galactic Command shall fall. May the Empire rise!

Gratuitous display of referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB Use it for some goodies or don't

TUXs
12.20.2016 , 12:22 PM | #10
Congrats on 5-years Eric (Bioware)! I sincerely hope we get 5 more.

The collage turned out amazingly well btw!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)