Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Season 7 Top 3 Titles ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Season 7 Top 3 Titles ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Azheon
12.18.2016 , 05:21 PM | #1
S7 finished almost 3 weeks ago, I don't understand why it always takes too long time to get them, it musn't be so hard to send.

EnzoForMe
12.18.2016 , 05:37 PM | #2
The granting of top 3 titles is manual, not systematized. As in, a BW employee has to look at the top 3 and then distribute the titles. Considering there is one person in particular who blatantly win traded to get top 1 in multiple classes, I would like to think they are investigating those who should have their ratings reset. It usually takes a couple weeks at least to issue the top 3 titles each season.
Caprica <The Squirtle Squad>
S-3/S-6 #1 Group Ranked Sniper
S-2/S-9 #1 Solo Gunslinger/Sniper

kissingaiur
12.18.2016 , 05:53 PM | #3
With all the hacking, win trading and griefing going on this season... maybe it's a good thing they are taking their time to sort out the mess.

Alec_Fortescue
12.18.2016 , 06:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
With all the hacking, win trading and griefing going on this season... maybe it's a good thing they are taking their time to sort out the mess.
That would be... Interesting.
http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 Please thank me for a victorious five-year fight for traditional Jedi robes in SWTOR.

DerSchneider
12.19.2016 , 05:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by EnzoForMe View Post
The granting of top 3 titles is manual, not systematized. As in, a BW employee has to look at the top 3 and then distribute the titles. Considering there is one person in particular who blatantly win traded to get top 1 in multiple classes, I would like to think they are investigating those who should have their ratings reset. It usually takes a couple weeks at least to issue the top 3 titles each season.
It's possible to do in one day. They just forgot / don't care as usual
Nightrain Juggernaut

Nerf me more.

EnzoForMe
12.19.2016 , 06:58 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DerSchneider View Post
It's possible to do in one day. They just forgot / don't care as usual
Pretty much anything is "possible", what is realistic, however, is the two-three week precedent that has been set and used for each season. I have seen peoples' ratings reset in the past during this timeframe.

EricMusco
12.20.2016 , 09:43 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
You are spot on! We discovered that a few of the folks who are in the top 96 were win-trading or even hacking. Because of that we are taking the time to thoroughly vet the entire top 96 and we will be removing anyone from that group who has been found to be cheating (along with ToS action). We intend to have the titles granted and the leaderboard updated by 5.1, but we are hopeful to have them completed much sooner.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

EnzoForMe
12.20.2016 , 10:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are spot on! We discovered that a few of the folks who are in the top 96 were win-trading or even hacking. Because of that we are taking the time to thoroughly vet the entire top 96 and we will be removing anyone from that group who has been found to be cheating (along with ToS action). We intend to have the titles granted and the leaderboard updated by 5.1, but we are hopeful to have them completed much sooner.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Well done Eric, hopefully you have the methodology in place to identify the win traders and hackers correctly.

J_McSkill
12.20.2016 , 11:02 AM | #9

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Awesome! It's great to see that some time is being dedicated to these issues. Thanks for the update Eric.
Swat - VanguardTackle - Eternal Guardian
Nerph - Champion of the Scoundrels

- All Season All-Star -

Jerba
12.20.2016 , 11:14 AM | #10

Thanks everyone.

-eric
And that's precisely why I don't do Rated this season even though it's a good source of CXP. I'm too afraid to get my account banned because I lose too many matches or end up playing with/against guildies in Solo Rated just because there are not enough in queue.
You should realize that if you grant CXP from Rated PvP, you encourage players to finish the matches as fast as possible; it will only get worse this season. Threatening ToS action won't improve Rated PvP, in fact I'm pretty sure the hackers won't mind if their account gets banned, they can get a new level 70 quickly enough.