Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TANK spec *NOT* dropping tank gear from cmd crates

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
TANK spec *NOT* dropping tank gear from cmd crates
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tsillah
12.19.2016 , 01:09 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by LordBritain View Post
But you can deconstruct them for CXP. Free CXP points.
If you have to deconstruct something for it, then it's automatically not free.
Galactic Command shall fall. May the Empire rise!

Gratuitous display of referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB Use it for some goodies or don't

EricMusco
12.19.2016 , 02:26 PM | #32 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

I am seeing some confusion in this thread about how Command Crates determine what gear to give you, so I want to provide some clarity. The spec that is selected via the dropdown in Galactic Command has nothing to do with gear, that only determines what spec you have selected when queueing for content.

When you open a Command Crate the Discipline that you are currently in is what determines what drops from a Crate. Ex: If you are in a tanking Discipline when you open a Crate, tank gear will drop.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

YlliyaXor
12.19.2016 , 02:42 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I am seeing some confusion in this thread about how Command Crates determine what gear to give you, so I want to provide some clarity. The spec that is selected via the dropdown in Galactic Command has nothing to do with gear, that only determines what spec you have selected when queueing for content.

When you open a Command Crate the Discipline that you are currently in is what determines what drops from a Crate. Ex: If you are in a tanking Discipline when you open a Crate, tank gear will drop.

-eric
Different DPS classes need gear specific to their class, i am getting accuracy gear on a sage and alacrity gear on a sentinel.

TaylaEwa
12.19.2016 , 02:44 PM | #34
I thought it was just me.. my guardian tank has gotten a grand total of one tanking ear piece and an implant.. on the other hand.. she has accuracy and crit to envy!

edit: Also.. She's gotten 3 sniper rifles and an assault cannon. Yay?
"Think, then act. Don't act, then think."

<<The Hand of Tyranny on Ebon Hawk>>

ckreskay
12.19.2016 , 02:50 PM | #35
Hey folks,

-eric
i dont run as tank on any of my toons, and i have been opening crates on my merc main, so why are 90% of the schematics dropping for tanks? i might as well roll a new toon as a tank because now i have gear for one, even tho i hate running as tank

TaylaEwa
12.19.2016 , 02:53 PM | #36
Hey folks,

-eric

I can tell you that its not working.. My tank is not getting very much Tanking gear from her command crates. I feel sorry for the healers who are going nuts trying to keep me alive with her DPS gear.
"Think, then act. Don't act, then think."

<<The Hand of Tyranny on Ebon Hawk>>

craggy
12.19.2016 , 03:05 PM | #37
I'm DPS spec on my Guardian, but all my drops (which have been relatively plentiful compared to some reports) have been endurance heavy. To be fair, most have been upgrades in some form any way
Okay, how about everyone puts their in a bowl....?

Referral Link

Silko
12.19.2016 , 03:17 PM | #38
So to answer a few questions people posted after the yellow text:

Your spec does not effect the schemes or random empty oranges you get from the crates. Those are random. You'll note that the schemes are legacy bound and the random oranges are BoE. As for the question of End heavy gear, unless it is a purple set piece, they will not be fully balanced mods. Now Blue 230 enhancements for what ever reason are equal to purple enhancements but the Mods are not balanced and are many times end heavy. As for the question of why am I getting Acc as a sage, unless you are a healer or a tank you need Acc regardless of class. I have openned 70 packs so far and I have not gotten the incorrect gear as a tank. All the pieces, set and not set, have been the correct type of gear. Guildies who I have asked (healing, tank, and DPS specs) have received the correct type of gear each time they have opened a box. Make sure you are in the correct spec when you open a box. I for example often do my dailies as a Veng Jugg and change back to an Immortal Jugg when I open my boxes. The boxes are NOT tied to the spec you were in when you earned the box.
"Those who ask for mercy, are too weak to deserve it"

Dark Intentions Website

tonitirola
12.19.2016 , 03:25 PM | #39
today i got 2 times the same bonus set gear piece i alrdy have on my sent.
this is really no fun anymore sry.
best is delete 5.0 and go bk to 4.0

FireFoxed
12.19.2016 , 03:28 PM | #40
Hey folks,

-eric
Can I make the suggestion to change the gear from the discipline to the spec selected from the dropdown menu? It's already intuitive and sometimes I solo things on a healer in dps spec for gcp but I want healer gear.