Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

December Producer Livestream Wrap-up

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
December Producer Livestream Wrap-up
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
12.15.2016 , 05:06 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Thank you to everyone who tuned in today. Here is a wrap-up of what we talked about:

New Chapter 1 KOTET TrialIn-game events live in December:
  • Life Day: Dec 13 – Jan 10
  • Relics of the Gree: Dec 6 – 13 and January 3 – 10
  • Rakghoul Plague: Dec 13 – 20
  • Bounty Contract Week: Dec 22 – 29
  • All details www.swtor.com/info/in-game-events
Gearing Changes in Galactic Command
  • You can work towards specific pieces of gear through endgame activities.
  • Elements of working towards those pieces are legacy-wide.
In PvE
  • Unassembled Gear pieces are a guaranteed drop from the last boss of each Operation, with specific drops on a boss (Ex: Soa dropping chest).
  • Each other boss in an Operation has a chance to drop any token. Bosses that are later in an Operation have a higher chance then those early in the Op.
  • Turn in an Unassembled Gear piece along with Command Tokens (which come from Command Crates) to get that piece of gear.
In PvP
  • Playing any Warzone will earn you Unassembled Components. You earn more based on medals, match outcome, etc.
  • Turn Unassembled Components into a PvP vendor with a Valor requirement to get an Unassembled Gear piece.
  • Turn in an Unassembled Gear piece along with Command Tokens (which come from Command Crates) to get that piece of gear.
General Notes
  • Command Tokens are legacy-wide.
  • Command Tokens will be retroactively granted to each character based on their Command Rank when 5.1 goes live.

My interview with SWTOR Central - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E49PzwsO9x8&t=340s

Our next livestream will be in January!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DakhathKilrathi
12.15.2016 , 05:08 PM | #2
This is a repost because I really want someone to see this:

Please consider buffing GSF rewards if you're going to buff unranked PVP.

The past two weeks have been great for GSF. People are playing more than they have in years, and it's because ti's actually been worthwhile to do so. I love the changes you talked about on the stream, but if you don't increase the rewards for GSF as well, people are going to stop playing it. Again.

We're not even asking for new content. That would be great, but realistically, we understand that we are never going to get it when the player base is so small. That's fine; it makes sense. But we are asking you to give people a reason to play. Offer some sort of reward for playing a minigame with a punishing learning curve and a community so small that matchmaking is impossible. It's not easy to keep people around through the learning period.

Help us out? No, you don't need gear you get to play GSF, but the whole point of the system is that you can play the way you want to and get gear that way, right? Since bolster is still a thing it would be pretty easy to argue that you don't need gear to play unranked PVP either.

Those of us who still play GSF love it. We don't ask for much. Help us keep getting new players interested.

Kurj
12.15.2016 , 05:08 PM | #3
Thank you, Eric.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

Eshvara
12.15.2016 , 05:11 PM | #4
Forgot to ask in the livestream and probably wont get an answer But is there any reason why there isn't any Arcann decor for our strongholds? Acina is missing as well.

Anyway a big + on the changes!
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫

Jerba
12.15.2016 , 05:12 PM | #5
I really enjoyed the stream. It was great to hear Ben talk about operations players, and him using the word "raid" (even though it's frowned upon by marketing) showed me that there are still devs left who know what raiding is all about.

Being a progression player, I have two requests:
  • Please post the loot tables (which ops boss drops which token) either in the patch notes or on the forums, so we don't have to figure it out ourselves and can plan ahead.
  • Please change the CXP requirements post-rank 181. Right now, getting past 181 feels like a punishment because the loot stays the same, yet the CXP per rank increases. Any of these changes would improve the system:
    • Make it so 181 is the maximum rank.
    • Make the CXP per rank constant for ranks 181-300, so it no longer increases.
    • Decrease the CXP for rank 300 so that there's a small reward for players who get to the end. E.g. one crate every 4000 CXP instead of the 4500-5000 CXP it now requires.

Aowin
12.15.2016 , 05:13 PM | #6
Eric - When can we expect a fix to Shae Vizla's alliance alert for those who used to her holocommunicator and lost her alliance alert permanently? Thanks in advance!
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

First Daggerfall Emperor of Cyrodiil on Bloodthorn Campaign in ESO (2014):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juurXQyAtQ
Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)

Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/zdpZzB
Rewards for using Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

SerraShar
12.15.2016 , 05:14 PM | #7
Quote:
In PvE
Unassembled Gear pieces are a guaranteed drop from the last boss of each Operation, with specific drops on a boss (Ex: Soa dropping chest).
Each other boss in an Operation has a chance to drop any token. Bosses that are later in an Operation have a higher chance then those early in the Op.
Turn in an Unassembled Gear piece along with Command Tokens (which come from Command Crates) to get that piece of gear.
what does that mean ? in Pve we have to do OP now ?
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

Aowin
12.15.2016 , 05:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
what does that mean ? in Pve we have to do OP now ?
If you wanted to be guaranteed gear via PvE, yes you have to run operations.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

First Daggerfall Emperor of Cyrodiil on Bloodthorn Campaign in ESO (2014):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juurXQyAtQ
Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)

Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/zdpZzB
Rewards for using Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

teclado
12.15.2016 , 05:17 PM | #9
So if I'm reading this right, the only way to get tier 3 gear with PVE will be either the current Command Crate system OR NiM (Master Mode) operations. But if you have a certain valor amount, you can go to the pvp vendor and trade in your tier 2 unassembled piece + tokens = tier 3 piece.

So even if you do nothing but operations, if your valor meets the requirement, you could still take advantage of the pvp vendor. Take hard mode (veteran) operation boss unassembled tier 2 drops to the pvp vendor, add in some tokens, and out comes tier 3. You won't have to do Master Mode.

It seems like it will be beneficial to do both PVP and PVE, which sounds fantastic to me.
Kaiburr Crystal ==> Harbinger ==> Hot Pocket...er Satele Shan...er EAST COAST SERVER #2

DarthSpuds
12.15.2016 , 05:18 PM | #10
Nothing in that stream led me to believe that BWA has really listened to the concerns of the players.
They are still primarily concerned with protecting their egos by retaining RNG/GC in any way they can.

Nothing mentioned addresses the concerns of players wanting to gear up multiple Alts to fill different roles for their guilds.

Nothing mentioned addresses the concerns of casual players who don't (for whatever reason) engage in Ops/WZ - these people are still being thrown under the RNG Grind-Fest Bus.

Nothing in that stream gives me any confidence re-subbing would be an appropriate use for my money.

All The Best
#removeRNG
Sub Expires: 7 Oct 2017
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.