Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Throwin' Snowballs, Gettin' Command XP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Throwin' Snowballs, Gettin' Command XP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
12.13.2016 , 11:14 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

It has been brought to our attention that when you gain a parcel from throwing a snowball in the Life Day event, you earn Command Experience Points. This is 100% intended as a nice little bonus of CXP for participating in the event. Between the cooldown on snowballs and the % chance to get parcels, this isn't better than simply participating in in-game activities such as Uprisings, Warzones, etc. We will continue to monitor this activity and if it creeps up to being better than endgame activities, we will likely lower the CXP that you earn from parcels.

Now, there is some concern about players exploiting this using bots and whatnot so here is a reminder: botting and macroing of any kind is against the Terms of Service. If an account is found to be using either, appropriate action will be taken up to and including account closure.

Happy Life Day to all! Get in there and throw some snowballs and get some CXP for yourself.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

The_Wulff
12.13.2016 , 11:16 AM | #2
it would be nice if we could throw the snowballs at the droids for the event though

Rankyn
12.13.2016 , 11:22 AM | #4
Actually, it's considerably faster than doing heroics with a much larger payout.
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com

MollyDresden
12.13.2016 , 11:26 AM | #5
Ooh, gives me another reason to obnoxiously throw snowballs at people. Though sadly only on maxed-XP characters, of which I currently only have 2.

Jerba
12.13.2016 , 11:36 AM | #6
@Musco: Any word on the overheated droids? Those no longer drop decorations when you use the bomb from the vendor. Only the cannon that was on the Cartel Market last year works for those.

HelinCarnate
12.13.2016 , 11:45 AM | #7
Use a bot to farm mobs and spam fleet? No problem. Use cheats in PVP, slap on the wrist and still get your pvp rewards. Use a macro to throw snowballs? BANHAMMER!!!!!
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

DawnAskham
12.13.2016 , 12:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
Use a bot to farm mobs and spam fleet? No problem. Use cheats in PVP, slap on the wrist and still get your pvp rewards. Use a macro to throw snowballs? BANHAMMER!!!!!
Screw with other players enjoyment of the game? No problem. Screw with the in-game economy? Slap on the wrist and keep your ill gotten gains. Screw with the 'keep 'em paying to grind while buying boosts' system? BAN

Damask_Rose
12.13.2016 , 12:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
We will continue to monitor this activity and if it creeps up to being better than endgame activities, we will likely lower the CXP that you earn from parcels.

-eric
You really don't need to keep making it harder for solo players to get cxp. You really don't.
Still waiting for Quinn's "meaningful" reunion!

Xina_LA
12.13.2016 , 12:37 PM | #10
I can't throw snowballs at the Life Day droids. Nothing happens when I try, whether they are overheated or not.
I talked to a couple of people in my guild and they're having the same issue.