Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changes to Gearing through Galactic Command

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Changes to Gearing through Galactic Command
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
12.13.2016 , 10:06 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Please keep all of your feedback coming on Command Crates, Command XP, and Galactic Command. The team is always looking over your feedback and looking for ways we can improve the system! We have been reading everything you sent our way, and there are couple of stand-out points (this is by no means everything):
  • There needs to be a way to work towards a specific slot of gear to fill in gaps (especially set bonuses) for people who are unlucky with Command Crates.
  • Gearing your other characters is too grindy.

With this in mind, the team has some important changes planned for Game Update 5.1 coming next month to address the above concerns! We are finalizing those changes now and will walk you through our plans during this Thursday’s Livestream, 12/15 so be sure to tune in. If you can’t make the stream we will be posting a recap on the forums. I just wanted to let you know that along with the changes we have already made in 5.0a and 5.0.1, your voices are being heard. We look forward to talking with all of you about the upcoming changes.

-eric

PS - I will be back on the stream this week so the stream dream team is back together again.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Hichitsuki-hime
12.13.2016 , 10:09 AM | #2
OMJeezzzzuuuuuz *hug* love you guys. now keep it up and make it good =) looking forward to 5.1.
The Red Eclipse: Ka'nata (madness sorc) <Indefinite>;
Ebon Hawk: Sa'yana <Army of Light>
5/5 NiM TFB; 7/7 NiM S&V; 5/5 NiM DF; 3/5 NIM DP; 5/5 HM RAV; 5/5 HM ToS
#Fix SAGE DPS # R.I.P. SAGE HEALS

TUXs
12.13.2016 , 10:10 AM | #3
Wow...thank you Eric!!! Looking forward to the stream and I appreciate you guys hearing the concerns.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Jerba
12.13.2016 , 10:13 AM | #4
My main concern is that PvP activities hand out CXP for everyone, even players who stand AFK in a corner, while for PvE you need to run the most difficult content (requiring high gear and skill) and you still don't come close to the CXP from PvP. The buff to flashpoints and uprisings is appreciated, though it may still not be enough, and operations still need a buff.

But being able to work towards a specific gear piece will come a long way toward improving the system. Looking forward to details on that!

DakhathKilrathi
12.13.2016 , 10:15 AM | #5
Please allow us to just buy the gear from a given tier if we complete the tier. That would help so much.

And please stop nerfing things if you aren't going to put the nerf in the patch notes.

Mowermanx
12.13.2016 , 10:15 AM | #6
I wonder if they can turn this ship around fast enough to survive the damage already done?

AutoCocker
12.13.2016 , 10:21 AM | #7
Add gear drops back to operation bosses. This way people have a choice. Gear through ops or simply through playing the game with cxp. Seriously no one does ops anymore (or anything else) because there is no point.

Voblat
12.13.2016 , 10:21 AM | #8
Its simple.

When I ding a level, I should get something. The randomness should be between something useful and something special.

The dichotomy between your game theory and the reality for me as a player is you think 'something' simply means 'anything'.

Orange shells are not something.

Greens and blues that are no better than my current 208/216 gear are not something.

Reputation tokens for things I maxed out 2 years ago are not something.

Start from there. then move on to the 'idea' to transition from a DvL content that REQUIRED me to roll lots of alts, to something that will take all my time to do on a single toon. You have both active on the same day. One in the morning, the other in the afternoon (for us in the UK).

Read that paragraph back, and then work out the problem. It should never have got this far.

majopucik
12.13.2016 , 10:22 AM | #9
Somehow I lost fate in your "changes" and fear what nonsense you came up with now!

DarthSpuds
12.13.2016 , 10:23 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Voblat View Post
Its simple.

When I ding a level, I should get something. The randomness should be between something useful and something special.

The dichotomy between your game theory and the reality for me as a player is you think 'something' simply means 'anything'.

Orange shells are not something.

Greens and blues that are no better than my current 208/216 gear are not something.

Reputation tokens for things I maxed out 2 years ago are not something.

Start from there. then move on to the move to transition from a DvL content that REQUIRED me to roll lots of alts, to something that will take all my time to do on a single toon. You have both active on the same day. One in the morning, the other in the afternoon (for us in the UK).

Read that paragraph back, and then work out the problem. It should never have got this far.
So much this.

All The Best
#removeRNG
Sub Expires: 25 Sept 2017
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.