Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blue schematics one level, The purple of the same thing a different level

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Blue schematics one level, The purple of the same thing a different level

Kunixp
12.07.2016 , 04:37 PM | #1
When did this happen? I learned the purple schematic of the level 60 armorings, mods, enhancements and hilts and the purple ones are 64. IS this a bug?
Autumnrose 65 Sentinel, Zastastia 65 Commando, Deviliah 65 Guardian, Unfi Sage, Augraine Scoundrel, Chy'raxx Shadow,
Shoushi 65 Sorcerer, Arkadienne 65 Operative, Agalin 65 Powertech, Konvix 65 Mercenary, Uziz Juggernaut, Xandarjj Sniper, Dauber Marauder

psandak
12.07.2016 , 08:04 PM | #2
This has happened before, so it might be a bug, but are you sure they have the exact same stats?

They may both have the same "grade" number (i.e. grade 40 blue will RE into grade 40 purple), but the item rating will be different blue grade 40 is rating 200 and purple grade 40 is rating 208 and the specific stats will be different; purple is better. And the level requirement to use them will be different.

This is the way it has always been.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

SteveTheCynic
12.08.2016 , 03:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
This has happened before, so it might be a bug, but are you sure they have the exact same stats?

They may both have the same "grade" number (i.e. grade 40 blue will RE into grade 40 purple), but the item rating will be different blue grade 40 is rating 200 and purple grade 40 is rating 208 and the specific stats will be different; purple is better. And the level requirement to use them will be different.

I had similar with some requires-66 blues (relics, I think) that RE to requires-68 purples (but other R66 blues (armour, weapons) RE to R66 purples...).
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

SteveTheCynic
12.09.2016 , 04:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I had similar with some requires-66 blues (relics, I think) that RE to requires-68 purples (but other R66 blues (armour, weapons) RE to R66 purples...).
I'm wrong. It is item-modifications (barrels, hilts, armorings, mods, and enhancements) that do this.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Kunixp
12.09.2016 , 11:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post

Didnt look at that but I will. This has never happened before though. Usually if I get a purple schematic from a level 60 item, the purple is level 60 too
Autumnrose 65 Sentinel, Zastastia 65 Commando, Deviliah 65 Guardian, Unfi Sage, Augraine Scoundrel, Chy'raxx Shadow,
Shoushi 65 Sorcerer, Arkadienne 65 Operative, Agalin 65 Powertech, Konvix 65 Mercenary, Uziz Juggernaut, Xandarjj Sniper, Dauber Marauder