Sacrifice

Aletheos

This is not an unsub announcement (though my sub runs out in 16 days and will not be renewed), nor it is a command crates rant. Yet, it will be all about the crates.

I (like many others in these forums) am not favored by the RNG gods. The RNG gods hunger. They demand a libation. They demand a sacrifice.

Hence here’s the minigame I’m gonna play to "liven things up" a bit. Pun intended, as the game will be deadly. Here are its rules:

1. For every crate with no set bonus item in it I shall sacrifice one of my toons.

2. For every crate with only green mods stuff in it I shall sacrifice two of my toons.

Now if these were the only rules of the game, I would run out of alts in no time, so let’s put in three mitigating rules as well:

3. For every crate containing a set bonus piece I shall receive 4 free rolls (i.e., rolls not requiring a sacrifice).

4. For every crate containing a usable purple piece (an earpiece, implant, or relic) I shall receive 2 free rolls.

5. For every crate containing a blue mods piece I shall receive 1 free roll.

The RNG gods shall hunger no more. Let the bloodletting begin!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sacrifice #1

Asheerah, lvl 61 sorceress, Jung Ma.

When I transferred 5 major toons from Jung Ma to Shadowlands, Asheerah became my main on my original home server. She’s the only toon that saved Marr and was happily running around with him (“Thrrrough victorrry ourrr chains arrre brrroken!”) for almost a year. I have some funny screenshots of her in the Ilum war room and the Yavin Revan fight chamber flanked by Darth Marr on both sides:D.

I meant to take Asheerah and Marr to Korriban for the last time before deleting them. I thought they would enjoy the trip. Alas, upon logging into the char, I found Marr ... gone. Despite all the gifts I fed him! 5.0 must have reset Chapter One and I didn’t feel like starting the whole thing again.

However, Asheerah will not be forgotten. Her toolbars distribution became a template I have used for all my toons ever since. May she and Marr be one with the force!

(Clarification: I had been a happy long-term subscriber to SWTOR until I unsubbed when the KotFE monstrosity was announced and did not renew my sub until late October primarily to get the DvL achievements [yes, those achievements that BW deleted without any prior notice] , so many of the chars I played regularly in the 4.X cycle are still in the low 60s lvls. Just in case you were wondering...)

Another disintegrated crate, another sacrifice required:

Sacrifice #2

X'arra, lvl 65 slinger, Shadowlands.

Oh my beautiful Togruta slinger, you were supposed to be my main PvP toon for 5.0.:(

As THE cybertech toon on the server, and thus part of my core crafters, she will be sorely missed.

Hope there is good pub wherever you are going!

This is not an unsub announcement (though my sub runs out in 16 days and will not be renewed), nor it is a command crates rant. Yet, it will be all about the crates.

I (like many others in these forums) am not favored by the RNG gods. The RNG gods hunger. They demand a libation. They demand a sacrifice.

Hence here’s the minigame I’m gonna play to "liven things up" a bit. Pun intended, as the game will be deadly. Here are its rules:

1. For every crate with no set bonus item in it I shall sacrifice one of my toons.

2. For every crate with only green mods stuff in it I shall sacrifice two of my toons.

Now if these were the only rules of the game, I would run out of alts in no time, so let’s put in three mitigating rules as well:

3. For every crate containing a set bonus piece I shall receive 4 free rolls (i.e., rolls not requiring a sacrifice).

4. For every crate containing a usable purple piece (an earpiece, implant, or relic) I shall receive 2 free rolls.

5. For every crate containing a blue mods piece I shall receive 1 free roll.

The RNG gods shall hunger no more. Let the bloodletting begin!

On Harbinger I'd be out of characters already even with those mitigating rules. On Ebon Hawk I'd be down to a mere handful.

Edit: Actually on Harbinger I'd be at a negative number of characters. Is that possible?

Edited by Keta

Just got my 3rd toon to 70. So far between the 3 of them, I've received 5 gloves, 2 pants, 1 horrible relic, and a focus.

I have 20 characters on EH. Not sure I want to level any others to 70, but I'm sure I will anyway. Not like there's any new Ops or FP's to do.

How are you determining which one gets sacrificed? Pulling random names out of a Murder Box? Not that *I* know anything about murder boxes or sacrificing Sims in any sort of Hunger Games-esque challenges. Nosiree. :rak_angelic:

Don't get me wrong, this is awful. But I was just curious.

How are you determining which one gets sacrificed? Pulling random names out of a Murder Box? Not that *I* know anything about murder boxes or sacrificing Sims in any sort of Hunger Games-esque challenges. Nosiree. :rak_angelic:

Don't get me wrong, this is awful. But I was just curious.

Maybe the toon that opens the gearbox.

This is awful indeed but it does make the point rather clearly.

Maybe the toon that opens the gearbox.

This is awful indeed but it does make the point rather clearly.

Ah, yes, that would make sense. I was under the impression that this was on just one character (what with him mentioning what Command Rank he's at when he opens them).

And it's making the point crystal clear.

No one cares. The greens are moddable like an orange. But just do us all a favor and hit delete on everything. No one cares about how many characters you've deleted or what they're names are.

Not all of us are care bears like you ;) maybe you should go run more of that "great chapter content" and keep yourself busy! Cause no one cares about you or what you have to say here you casuals are what ruined the game. ;)

Edited by mfourcustom

If everybody feels like killing off their toons as a sort of passive resistance gesture or "hunger strike" against the RNG... then do it: So what? Seriously, BW/EA don't give a single f**k about this, you're basically only delaying what you should do right now if you're feeling like initiating the self-destruct sequence on your account: Stop playing SWTOR and never return. Cuz after all these years, what will you do if the loot for GC level 145 forces you to delete your ultimatively last toon?... You're all but wasting time with this, OP - and all you guys who show sympathy with him.

I have played through KotET once, have only one character at Lvl70 so far and find the experience of grinding CXP for command levels dull, since it takes too long even on the lower levels, and it really does not further playing alts anymore (you'd have to get them to Lvl70 to at least grind the first few levels of GCXP for them too, and I definitely do not have the time to do that for 16 characters on my "home base" server.

I doubt that the "internal models" the guys allegedly have run showed the correct resuld for "casual" players like me. It has been said somewhere in this forum that the new system awards casual playing styles more... but honestly, I fail to get this argument. With the crystal system in 4.x, I could casually do whatever I wanted and at least steadily improve my toon's gearing to a full-out 216 via the blue crystals. While purple crystals (and thus 220-224 gear) were virtually unobtainable to me as a rather occasional raider and pvp'er, it still felt like some progress to attain an average of 216 on my gear. This feeling has now entirely disappeared. while at times there seems to be a blue 230 item dropping, the GCXP system has only gotten me a feeling of being stalled.

But killing off my characters in some kind of sacrifice game? Nope, I cannot and will not do this. This would be just too painful and not worthy the RNG.

Not all of us are care bears like you ;) maybe you should go run more of that "great chapter content" and keep yourself busy! Cause no one cares about you or what you have to say here you casuals are what ruined the game. ;)

Whoaaa, hold your horses there. Quick at finding a scapegoat, eh?

If you need to blame someone for "ruining" this game, then blame BW/EA. They made the decisions, they implemented the changes. Not any specific type of player. It's that elitist, splitter attitude which makes so many discussions on these forums annoying as hell: Us vs. Them, they are bad for the game, but WE, we are the real backbone of SWTOR! Can't say how often I have been rolling my eyes about statements like these.

We're all in this together, as long as we're subbing or stuffing cash into CM vanity items. And I seriously don't think this game will be around for 6.0, so BW/EA are maximizing the grind to suction as much cash out of the playerbase as possible. Raiders, PVPers, Casuals, Whatever-other-type-you-can-think-up-s, we're in THAT together as well, so everybody has to consider at which point he'll move on.

Edited by force_fortytwo

Dang, OP, you are at such a dark place. Is this really necessary?

Can't you do something else which gives you a positive feeling? You don't HAVE to play this game, you know. Plenty of other nice activities out there. :)

This. surprisingly i enjoy WoW a lot. The quest chains are funny and engaging, the gameplay is fluid, there are a couple of bugs mostly with quest markers so i started reading the objectives(which is good because as i said the quests are rather engaging). And if you're burned of MMOs there are a lot of single player games. And don't forget about the RL.

I'm not a casual. But yes I'm playing the great ch content. I've done other things. Held my own in pvp. I do not agree on GC though.

click? You mean like click the abilities on the screen? Heck no. I've key bindings and a programmable mouse. Love my razer but don't use it to click abilities. That'd be way too slow. Who does that?

impressive...

I guess I was wrong about you. ;) Lol

I'll gladly apologize to you than.

I am sorry you struck me as a casual monkey! Please accept my apology.

However... I still think story focus in an mmo is a bad idea if it will come at the cost of group content. :p