Newbie star wars fan looking for novels

AtomicDP

Hey, so this game kind of sparked the nerd side of me greatly and I'm really into Star Wars now. I'm not a huge reader but it feels like the Star Wars novels would be a cool distraction in my spare time. Can anyone recommend a good place to start with the novels?

I would suggest the Thrawn Trilogy, they are very well written and if you have seen the movies then it is a good place to start. I recently read the Darth Bane trilogy as well, thought it was decent... oh and I like the first few X-Wing books as well.

I'd say it depends on what you are looking for.

1) Ties directly in with the movies- shadows of the empire, dark lord: the rise of darth vader

2) Books that expand pre-episode 4- sorry, no suggestions, dont like this era

3) post EP 6- First 4 x-wing books, 3 thrawn trilogy books, then jedi academy trilogy +I, Jedi

Thanks bro! I'll check out the Thrawn trilogy. Are there any Old Republic era novels worth checking out? I like the atmosphere.

If your looking for old republic books you should check out darth bane trilogy theres also the new Revan novel (I was somehwat dissapointed with it but a good read) There are 2 other old republic novels fatal alliance and decieved haven't read them so idk how they are hope I helped =)

Thanks bro! I'll check out the Thrawn trilogy. Are there any Old Republic era novels worth checking out?

The thrawn trilogy was awesomesauce.

So far, the old republic books have been largely disappointing. Fatal Alliance is decent; but jumps around a lot and I (personally) hate that. Decieved was ok, but the last 1/4 of the book was really dry - until the very end (which was actually pretty cool).

I got bored with Revan and haven't finished it.