Downtime - 12/5/2016

TaitWatson

What, you mean disintegrating 8 or 16 Jawa Junk to give 80 or 160 instead of 10 CXP is an exploit? :rak_02:

I just disintegrated everything there was and didn't expect it to be a bug but a feature. This was already visible in your livestreams so I expected that this is how the system works: 10 CXP per item, and if you get 8 or 16 items, it's 80 or 160 CXP.

I think they mean setting the amount to disintegrate to higher than the amount you had. So if you had 8 Jawa Junk and set it to disintegrate 16, it would give you 160 cxp instead of 80 cxp.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

We brought the servers down to address an issue involving setting the stack size in the "Disintegration" pop up higher than the amount you had available.

As of this downtime, this issue has been fully resolved. For those who are wondering, we do consider having taken advantage of this bug an exploit. After a detailed review, we will take appropriate actions as needed.

Thank you,

Tait

Tait

1. Why would anyone at 600 crafting "KEEP" JAWA scraps? so how is an exploit when the JAWA Peddlers don't even stock Grade 10 materials! Your team brought this upon itself, you can not punish anyone selling back crap in the command crates because they have no use.

2. You have multiple comments on the forums regarding bugged quests, mounts, companions lagging miles behind and yet your team focus on something trivial.

If anyone gets punished for this exploit I am sure you will understand any and all backlash from the community, and I say this as someone that keeps my JAWA scraps because I am insane enough to think at some point someone sat in your office will allow Grade 10 to appear in them.

Hey everyone,

We brought the servers down to address an issue involving setting the stack size in the "Disintegration" pop up higher than the amount you had available.

As of this downtime, this issue has been fully resolved. For those who are wondering, we do consider having taken advantage of this bug an exploit. After a detailed review, we will take appropriate actions as needed.

Thank you,

Tait

So now that it has been established you can make changes to the GC CXP system fairly quickly- can we please a change to the player's benefit?

We had today's path to fix an exploit

Saturdays patch to make it less rewarding to kill any gold mob.

Can next patch be an improvement in favor of the players? Maybe keeping GC the way it is but re-introducing token drops on ops bosses?

No, I am guessing if you moved the slider to the max you have no issues. But if you erased the number there and typed in say 160 instead of 16, the game allowed it but it is now fixed.

Ah ok, thanks. I'm guessing the same thing. If that was possible, it would definitely qualify for an exploit. Especially since items can now stack to 9999, imagine the CXP you could earn via such an exploit...

Tait

1. Why would anyone at 600 crafting "KEEP" JAWA scraps? so how is an exploit when the JAWA Peddlers don't even stock Grade 10 materials! Your team brought this upon itself, you can not punish anyone selling back crap in the command crates because they have no use.

EDIT: Nvm me.

Edited by nikogiant

Hey everyone,

Thank you,

Tait

What about planetary missions?

As there seems to be some confusion, let me clarify.

The bug was exploitable by entering a higher number in the Disintegration pop up than you had available in your stack of items. e.g. You had 10 Jawa Junk available, and entered 1000 in the pop up.

If you simply Disintegrated the whole stack you had without using a high number than you had available, you did not encounter the bug, and therefore did not exploit.

Sorry for any confusion!

This is indeed something worth bringing down the servers for. Say you got 8 Jawa things, you'd normally drag the slider to 8 and press Disintegrate but you could also type in the value manually. Instead of typing 8, you could type 9999 and you'd get the CXP for disintegrating 9999 Jawa scraps. And they'd be able to keep on getting crates after crates and doing the 9999 on each Jawa scraps they got.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's some people in full 240 gear already.

Edited by ---AlterEgo---

Hey everyone,

Thank you,

Tait

The yearly exploit is early this year? What comes - got no other content to throw out? I didn't even had time to use it this time around, I feel left out. When am I to put my vacation behn time? Oh wait my sub runs out in a week. So ...

And you take the servers down for a cxp glitch that was your doing and are threading to sanction those who did it

Pathetic

Sorry but let's be honest one second here. You get 16 Jawa Scrap and you purposedly try to put a number much higher than 16... this is your doing, this is you taking advantage of something that is clearly not working as intended.

Edited by demotivator

This is indeed something worth bringing down the servers for. Say you got 8 Jawa things, you'd normally drag the slider to 8 and press Disintegrate but you could also type in the value manually. Instead of typing 8, you could type 9999 and you'd get the CXP for disintegrating 9999 Jawa scraps. And they'd be able to keep on getting crates after crates and doing the 9999 on each Jawa scraps they got.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's some people in full 240 gear already.

Considering you cannot get to tier 3 in 1 week, no.

Nope, that's what I was referring to. Seems like a silly oversight to me but when you're updating so much it's understandable that small things like that fall through the cracks.

How can people think that it's a bug that jawa vendors don't have lvl 10 mats?

It's absolutely intended.

Clues for you:

- It's just like it was when last mat upgrades were released. They weren#t sold by jawa vednros for a long time.

- Bioware changed other things in the vendor's trade inventory instead (exotic ...stabilizers can be bought now), so they actually reworked stuff.

BW, shouldn't you be on your two month vacation at this point? Stop giving people the impression you can actually fix problems with the game quickly when you want to, or they'll expect you to do something about the abomination of the GCXP system before February. Much better to leave people hanging until their subs end and you don't have to listen to the complaints anymore, because they've all left.

Sorry but let's be honest one second here. You get 16 Jawa Scrap and you purposedly try to put a number much higher than 16... this is your doing, this is you taking advantage of something that is clearly not working as intended.

I think he was just mad he didn't get to do the exploit before it was fixed...