Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yeah! 8 companions!!!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TaitWatson
12.05.2016 , 10:13 AM | #11 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks!

Since there is a bit of confusion, I figured I'd jump in and let you know that this IS an intended change.

-Tait
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

casirabit
12.05.2016 , 10:31 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey folks!

Since there is a bit of confusion, I figured I'd jump in and let you know that this IS an intended change.

-Tait
And for this Thank You!
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Otaktey
12.05.2016 , 12:08 PM | #13
Hey folks!

-Tait
Since you replied here, do you think you can go to the General discussion forum and give us some sort of reply about the unhappiness your player base has with the RNG gearing system? There seems to be a lot more confusion there.

Flusssaeure
12.05.2016 , 12:23 PM | #14
Hey folks!

-Tait
Thank you for the clarification and thank you for the chance.

Well I had an reply to some of the comments but with the clarification that is no longer necessary.

Baraxis
12.05.2016 , 12:27 PM | #15
THIS is where we get a frigging dev response!!??

Get your poop in a group and respond to the lunacy that was the CXP change.

Rankyn
12.05.2016 , 01:03 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Baraxis View Post
Get your poop in a group and respond to the lunacy that was the CXP change.
You realize that they've got to take the feedback to the people that can make a decision then have meetings about it before they can respond to it, right?
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com

Silko
12.05.2016 , 01:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
You realize that they've got to take the feedback to the people that can make a decision then have meetings about it before they can respond to it, right?
You don't have to have a committee to say that the Dev team is aware of a bug or tell people we are talking about solutions. They have still yet to address the Master Ranos Legendary status bug. It has been 2 days and they can't even bother to make a post saying we are aware of the bug. When you don't communicate with your player base for days on end and then finally make a post about something that didn't even need a post in the first place, people are going to call you out on that.
"Those who ask for mercy, are too weak to deserve it"

Dark Intentions Website

RandomNobody
12.05.2016 , 01:56 PM | #18
That was a pleasant change to discover, especially with how many extra companions I'm stuck with after KotFE, and how long we've been stuck at only 6 companions. Especially with the rush to get the new tier of crafting to work through.

I do wish they had announced it, or was it in the patch notes? Honestly, if they had announced something like this, or highlighted this as a new feature of 5.0, it would have been nice to have some good news about a quality of life improvement for once, rather than, well, everything else going on. Then again, if their PR was that good, there would probably be a little bit less raging on the forums. At least we have fast confirmation.

Adric_the_Red
12.05.2016 , 02:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Flusssaeure View Post
I don't want to be the one spoiling the fun, however after there was no anouncement that they move away from the 1 companion useable for crew skills for every 10 level you charakter have rule
It isn't one companion for every 10 levels, and never was.
Quote: Originally Posted by dr_mike View Post
I'm curious to know where the break is. I have a slew of characters at different levels and was going to check later today.
The number of companions you can send at what level is:
1 comp at level 10
2 at 15
3 at 25
4 at 41
5 at 48
6 at 56
8 at 66

First 5 have been that way since launch. IIRC the 6th was added with SoR (when they raised the level cap from 55 to 60). And after getting one of my many 65's to 66, I was able to put 8 companions to work crafting. So no need to get to 70 to send 8.
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

wangxiuming
12.05.2016 , 03:58 PM | #20
... at first I thought the title meant we could have 8 companions out in the field with us at the same time and I got super excited ...

That'll teach me to look at which section of the forum the post is in.
Heralds of the Fall (Twitter)
The False Sith
The False Empire
The False Emperor