Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you KIDDING me Bioware?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Are you KIDDING me Bioware?

Aylisis
12.29.2011 , 03:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MajGenThanatos View Post
And only one person in this thread ever claimed it to be, and he never rejoined the discussion. Everyone else provided the information about the bad CDN and why your last mile isn't the problem. There is no need for the self-righteous ITG act here.
Yes and congrats on getting the client installed. I hope to see you in game, hope you pick the swift sure and join the republic.

Yaoguai
12.29.2011 , 03:25 PM | #22
Maybe I was a little rough, I'm used to the WoW forums but it seems that people here are significantly more mature. I apologize, to everyone.. After quickly taking a look at the exception, I gather that the launcher is a bit 'finicky'. Anyway, I'm off to make my Guardian. May the force be with us all.

Raidoken
12.29.2011 , 03:28 PM | #23
Yaoguai, I don't think the problem lies with Bioware, or your computer all that much. The biggest problem lies with you.

You say you don't want to do the work for a big company like Bioware, yet you do just that. If you don't want to solve it yourself, be patient. Big companies can make mistakes too, bioware is not made out of robots, stop being ignorant man. Especially the hard words, trying to leave some impression or something. Common man..

Atayin
12.29.2011 , 03:29 PM | #24
Really, guys?

The guy is one stone in a LANDSLIDE of paying customers who have had legitimate issues. A lot of us can't even play at all.

I'm disgusted by this community after reading the replies to the OP.

EDIT: He is NOT being self-righteous or expressing a self-centered, self important approach to his/our issue. He is RIGHT. I have wasted a SICKENING amount of time troubleshooting the issues this game has caused. Why wouldn't I, or someone in my position feel entitled to get something back after wasting money on a product that has only created problems?

Being upset and complaining over lost time & money is completely justified.

VagrantWhisper
12.29.2011 , 03:35 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Yaoguai View Post
16 GIGABYTE FIBER OPTIC CHANNEL!
Not that it really matters, and not to be pedantic network guy, but I think you meant GigaBIT

16 GigaBytes is like downloading a Blu-Ray in 2 seconds...

glad you got it figured out though.

Raidoken
12.29.2011 , 05:10 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Atayin View Post
Really, guys?

The guy is one stone in a LANDSLIDE of paying customers who have had legitimate issues. A lot of us can't even play at all.

I'm disgusted by this community after reading the replies to the OP.

EDIT: He is NOT being self-righteous or expressing a self-centered, self important approach to his/our issue. He is RIGHT. I have wasted a SICKENING amount of time troubleshooting the issues this game has caused. Why wouldn't I, or someone in my position feel entitled to get something back after wasting money on a product that has only created problems?

Being upset and complaining over lost time & money is completely justified.
They sold way more than even they would hope for. Therefore, it's quite hard for them to handdle. I don't understand why some of you guys act like little spoiled children. Games come with bugs, and the game is not so bad that you can't play it. Yes, it is irritating, but yes, they are working on it aswell. They didn't do this on purpose.

MajGenThanatos
12.29.2011 , 05:54 PM | #27
Yeah, I can't even load my characters but I'm not going on a jihad. If this wasn't an MMO I'd be bug hunting and contributing right now, but most of the testing software I have would likely get flagged as "hacking software" and get me permabanned. But even for that I don't blame the software companies, but the gorram cheaters that have forced us to this level.

Tharryth
12.29.2011 , 06:02 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Yaoguai View Post
Buddy, I'm going to try to be as polite as I can be when I say that the network hardware infrastructure of or business probably costs more than your house, per month. With that said, here are my computers specs:

Alienware: Aurora

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i7-3960X (Six Core Extreme, 15MB Cache) Overclocked @ 5.8ghz (Liquid Cooled)
RAM: 32Gb DDR3 @ 1800mhz
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate, 64Bit
VIDEO CARD Quad 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon™ HD 6950 - AMD CrossFireX™ Enabled
HARD DRIVE 1TB RAID 0+1 (2x 500GB SATA 6Gb/s) Solid State Hybrid Running Raid 0+1
SECONDARY DRIVE 1 TB RAID 0 (2x 500gb SATA 6Gb/s) Solid State Hybrid Running iRaid 0
Yet I have a cheap $800 comp I bought last tax season and it loaded fine and am playing with little issues except for Guild/Party chat not working all the time. So yes looks like its on YOUR end not Bio-Wares.