Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Maintenance: 29 November 2016

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jerba's Avatar


Jerba
11.23.2016 , 09:37 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
That's a fair question!

The reason is that we have to bring down the forums is because we have to make updates to a backend system we call "platform." This includes things like user accounts and the various systems we use to flag accounts for different levels of access (e.g. "This account is a subscriber and can use the forums.") When you log into the website/forums, platform is pinged to determine your level of access. If it's down, it can't do that. So when we need to make changes to platform, the web and forum have to be down.

That's the long form version of "You wouldn't be able to log in anyway."
Thanks for the response! It's always interesting to hear behind-the-scenes stuff.

Glower's Avatar


Glower
11.23.2016 , 09:39 AM | #22
There is no hype, there is KOTET.
There is no communication, there is silence.
There is no passion, there is Bioware.
There is no feedback, there is PTS.
There is no Preferred, there is the Subscription.

SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg; Dec 2016, livestream: "RNG is exciting"
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
11.23.2016 , 09:40 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
There is no hype, there is KOTET.
There is no communication, there is silence.
There is no passion, there is Bioware.
There is no feedback, there is PTS.
There is no Preferred, there is the Subscription.

Through CM my will to play is broken
Quote: Originally Posted by Deaconik View Post
You may have a different opinion and that's your opinion and I don't care.
#RemoveRNG

BenduKundalini's Avatar


BenduKundalini
11.23.2016 , 09:50 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on November 29th in order to apply Game Update 5.0: Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:
DATE: 29 November 2016
TIME: 4AM PST - 8AM PST (1200 - 1600 GMT)
VERSION: 5.0

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, November 28th.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!
Hi Tait, will the above also be the EXACT TIME the DVL event ENDS?

I need to know cause of this week's schedule... thanks!
Pay your Bills, hunter! - Hoth Crash landing - Skywalking (a million Coruscanti sunsets)
Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, (clic for goodies ) the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes.

TaitWatson's Avatar


TaitWatson
11.23.2016 , 10:02 AM | #25 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by BenduKundalini View Post
Hi Tait, will the above also be the EXACT TIME the DVL event ENDS?

I need to know cause of this week's schedule... thanks!
The DvL event will end when the servers go offline for maintenance. You have up until the last second. Good luck!
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Threjyan's Avatar


Threjyan
11.23.2016 , 10:03 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
Through CM my will to play is broken
hahahaha
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

BenduKundalini's Avatar


BenduKundalini
11.23.2016 , 10:38 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
The DvL event will end when the servers go offline for maintenance. You have up until the last second. Good luck!
Thanks Tait!
Pay your Bills, hunter! - Hoth Crash landing - Skywalking (a million Coruscanti sunsets)
Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, (clic for goodies ) the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
11.23.2016 , 11:35 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
That's a fair question!

The reason that we have to bring down the forums is because we have to make updates to a backend system we call "platform." This includes things like user accounts and the various systems we use to flag accounts for different levels of access (e.g. "This account is a subscriber and can use the forums.") When you log into the website/forums, platform is pinged to determine your level of access. If it's down, it can't do that. So when we need to make changes to platform, the web and forum have to be down.

That's the long form version of "You wouldn't be able to log in anyway."
Nice Tait...thank you for answering that. I've always wondered as well but never asked...I'm kinda shy on the forums
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
11.23.2016 , 03:26 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
That's a fair question!

The reason that we have to bring down the forums is because we have to make updates to a backend system we call "platform." This includes things like user accounts and the various systems we use to flag accounts for different levels of access (e.g. "This account is a subscriber and can use the forums.") When you log into the website/forums, platform is pinged to determine your level of access. If it's down, it can't do that. So when we need to make changes to platform, the web and forum have to be down.

That's the long form version of "You wouldn't be able to log in anyway."
Ohhh well that explain it ! Thank you for taking the time to clear it for me ! very much appreciate it !
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

BenduKundalini's Avatar


BenduKundalini
11.23.2016 , 03:49 PM | #30
We've all been wondering!
Pay your Bills, hunter! - Hoth Crash landing - Skywalking (a million Coruscanti sunsets)
Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, (clic for goodies ) the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes.