Make CXP levels Legacy wide

Krazhez

You know, Like the legacy levels.

After seeing this pop up in a 40 page thread about command crates, and seeing quite a few people on reddit ask for it, I think it would help people feel less burdened and pessimistic about the new system.

Hoping a dev at least reads the title. Trying to be optimistic they will see and read this. Maybe they could give us a legacy update early next year. Thinking its too late for pre 5.0 patch.

Edited by Krazhez

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you wouldn't have an endless grind though. See the idea is you never actually finish gearing, since there is no new content and people would get bored too quickly if they got geared up.

So u think that if people get geared up fast they get bored faster?

What about the people who just refuse to gear up to be ABLE to do the content they want. (thinking of the hardcore PVP and NIM Raiding community) And they will just rather invest their time outside of the game.

You know there are a lot of them i personally know; with this attitude and a lot more aside from that. This system is just punishing these two groups. These two groups never gave a flying <insert word> about gear, they just want to do the content they like.

Then you wouldn't have an endless grind though. See the idea is you never actually finish gearing, since there is no new content and people would get bored too quickly if they got geared up.

It's not about gear per se, it's about no new content and locking the interesting old content behind a gear wall. This system is only hurting veteran players. And in the long term this will hurt new players too because they won't have the veteran players around to explain them why they are wiping 3 hours in Dread Palace Story Mode when it can be done under 1.5 h in a 4man group.

What about the people who just refuse to gear up to be ABLE to do the content they want. (thinking of the hardcore PVP and NIM Raiding community) And they will just rather invest their time outside of the game.

You know there are a lot of them i personally know; with this attitude and a lot more aside from that. This system is just punishing these two groups. These two groups never gave a flying <insert word> about gear, they just want to do the content they like.

Well, when it comes to mmos, all people want is to have the best of the best gear, when they have it, they tend to not play as much or end their subscription.

Hence why they are doing it like this.....overall anyone that wants something to be legacy wide, just don't want to do it more than once and just want the first time to be long, but every other time to be fast and quick.

Its like, right now, players just find out what bosses they need to do to get the specific gear they need and ignore everything else, this way with the whole Galactic Command thing, you do everything...unless you hate it, like me with the GSF, i will try pvp again, but i doubt i will do that either.

Well, when it comes to mmos, all people want is to have the best of the best gear, when they have it, they tend to not play as much or end their subscription.

Hence why they are doing it like this.....overall anyone that wants something to be legacy wide, just don't want to do it more than once and just want the first time to be long, but every other time to be fast and quick.

Its like, right now, players just find out what bosses they need to do to get the specific gear they need and ignore everything else, this way with the whole Galactic Command thing, you do everything...unless you hate it, like me with the GSF, i will try pvp again, but i doubt i will do that either.

I don't. I don't care about my gear. But I need the gear to do the nonbolstered content(e.g. NIM). I cannot go there naked. So it's not ALL THE PEOPLE. And I will stop playing if I cannot play my beloved classes in 5.0 in hard mode content because random numbers are against it. I guess they know numbers so they can be pretty sure losing me and the raid group to this system is worth it :)

Well u explained why this command system is far more flawed than what we had already, dunno why im bothering to reply.

You will still need to grind with every toon to get him geared. You would just have a legaxy wide GC level. You still need to get CXP to earn crates. And with higher GC level that takes longer. But you wouldn't have to start with GC level 1 grind up to GC level xy while being rewarded with crap only, which you already did on z other toons. I mean you would probably have the right side equipped with top tier legacy gear already anyway.

Edit: I think it is more motivating to play on multiple toons. And that will always make people play more. With the GC level per toon, if someone reached the best tier with one toon, do you think he still has the motivation to do it with z other toons? I don't think so. But with the GC level legacy wide, a player who reached top tier and best gear with one toon might think: okay now I gear my other toons.

Edited by Bobby_McDonald

It's not about gear per se, it's about no new content and locking the interesting old content behind a gear wall. This system is only hurting veteran players. And in the long term this will hurt new players too because they won't have the veteran players around to explain them why they are wiping 3 hours in Dread Palace Story Mode when it can be done under 1.5 h in a 4man group.

Video :)

Nice, we were waiting for Pizza to be done before Raptus(otherwise it would have been burned), but wouldn't make it under 60 minutes probably anyway. But we are Not Good Enough, I already admitted it :D

Edit> I can post our try so others can see even noobs like us can beat it :D (and there's the epic fail in ToS on commanders still not deleted from the last Thursday and then even bigger fail in DF :D)

Edited by Deaconik

Nice, we were waiting for Pizza to be done before Raptus(otherwise it would have been burned), but wouldn't make it under 60 minutes probably anyway. But we are Not Good Enough, I already admitted it :D

Edit> I can post our try so others can see even noobs like us can beat it :D (and there's the epic fail in ToS on commanders still not deleted from the last Thursday and then even bigger fail in DF :D)

i wanted to post you another great video but seems like jack deleted it. Once early 4.0 there was whining here on forums that TOS is still to hard in SM. We did a naked run on it only main-hand slot equipped nothing else.

Wanted to show you that but meh.

After seeing this pop up in a 40 page thread about command crates, and seeing quite a few people on reddit ask for it, I think it would help people feel less burdened and pessimistic about the new system.

Hoping a dev at least reads the title. Trying to be optimistic they will see and read this. Maybe they could give us a legacy update early next year. Thinking its too late for pre 5.0 patch.

Nope, it needs to be implemented as soon as possible. No waiting around.

I'm that person. I'd pvp if we had no seasons or rewards of any kind. I'd still pvp if it cost 5k per match just to play

This would be about the only thing that could get me to bother gearing at all with this new system. I play many characters, I have no clearly defined 'main' and do enjoy the more difficult content, but that's not compatible anymore.

I have absolutely no interest in playing just two or three characters. My army of different characters to choose from is the only reason I still play this game, and I'm not just going to carry groups through tacticals over and over.

I could not agree more!!!

EXACTLY why it will never be...and this is EXACTLY why this is such a terrible system. It's really sad witnessing a decision that is going to cost more players...the disconnect from their customers has never been wider.

He was clearly being facetious ;)

I disagree, making the levels legacy means I'm more likely to play my alts, I can actually take my 3 hm+ ops players and stay in groups, or be able to switch characters and fill in the spot my group needs if someone is missing. And even with the levels, it still means i have to grind the right set bonus and the left side, but i wont have to go through the 208 equivalent to get there. Which we never have had to, at least since 2.0.

I'd definitely be more inclined to pvp on a regular basis if I didn't have to grind through 300 levels on every single character I want to play. All this does is make it alt friendly instead of, oh yeah just play the same toon for x months.

I'll deal either way, at least for a while, depends on what happens to my guild. I just think it'd help a lot of people, especially alt heavy pvpers. Maybe people would be less upset.

Edited by Krazhez

All 15 of them?

Who still raids here? There's no reason to. And PVP has always been god awful.

As for the topic at hand.

SIGNED.

This alt-hating system is utterly nuts. SWTOR is run by the people of Schilda.

Edited by Diefenbaker

You will still need to grind with every toon to get him geared. You would just have a legaxy wide GC level. You still need to get CXP to earn crates. And with higher GC level that takes longer. But you wouldn't have to start with GC level 1 grind up to GC level xy while being rewarded with crap only, which you already did on z other toons. I mean you would probably have the right side equipped with top tier legacy gear already anyway.

Edit: I think it is more motivating to play on multiple toons. And that will always make people play more. With the GC level per toon, if someone reached the best tier with one toon, do you think he still has the motivation to do it with z other toons? I don't think so. But with the GC level legacy wide, a player who reached top tier and best gear with one toon might think: okay now I gear my other toons.

agreed with this. rng is still a horrible idea, but at least this way, you are not demotivated completely by the fact that every time you even think about playing an alt at end game - you know those alts they kept encouraging us to create with double xp events and the entirety of DvL event - you have to start completely from scratch on each of those alts. you still have to do the grind for boxes on them, since gear is spec/AC specific, but at least you can start the grind at high level.

I'm going to keep my sub and try out 5.0. I have several characters I like to PvP with. I'm highly proficient with most of my characters and I would say I win 70% of my fights. With the new gear grind, if I suddenly find that I'm losing much more often because of gear (not skill) across my alts, I'll dump my subscription. I just don't have the patience to grind command XP across my alts to remain at par for PvP.

I had saved up about 300,000 warzone commendations to be ready for purchasing new gear for 5.0 across a variety of alts. Then we learn gear is going to be dropped via command crates and the gear is bound to your character, and you have to grind it for each character to have an random chance for a decent drop. OMG, I just don't think I can deal with that kind of frustration. Furthermore, warzone commendations were locked for each character and made a max of 40,000 per character for reimbursement. That sucked.

If I had only played 1 or 2 characters, I probably could deal with it, but I have several. I like to PvP, and I like to be competitive and know I'm not losing because of gear grinding in PvE. I left DAOC when Trials of Atlantis came out because it put PvP players at a severe disadvantage gear wise against PvE players. I think this expansion is very similar.

Finally, I'm still annoyed I couldn't kill Arcann. I mean, seriously, I feel railroaded at every turn in the story, and now I feel screwed in the PvP gear grind. I hope I'm wrong because I like this game, but if 5.0 becomes what I'm afraid it will be, I can't keep paying a sub for this.

Had they layered the CXP system on top of the existing token + crystal system I really wouldn't have a beef with it. As a full-on replacement I loathe the concept.

I play MMO's because once we all hit end-game I don't have to worry about how far my friends have gotten. I have 31 alts (and counting), the "journey" is now one of the worst possible commutes imaginable. (For the record I commute in the NYC metro area, so... yeah). The last thing I want is yet another commute.

So yeah, I don't want them to mitigate some of the damage this crap system will do, I want it to die in a fire.

That said I'm warming to the Legacy CXP idea. That would mitigate a lot of the alt-hostility this introduces. In fact it would encourage alts as many of the CXP grants only work on mission turn-ins. That dovetails into how I tend to play right now: Bounce between alts to do the daily/weekly FP and occasional Op.