Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Suggestion] Medal System Overhaul

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[Suggestion] Medal System Overhaul

Shadowclaimer
12.29.2011 , 03:53 PM | #1
Medal System Overhaul/Suggestions

Overview Points
-Kills should give credit to the killer, assisters, and any healers that healed the killer
-Medals should be more common but reward less, allowing players to be rewarded on the fly for various activities
-Each MVP vote should count as an extra medal, and it should be required to vote your MVP before leaving. Loss or not, some player did well and deserves recognition.
-Removal of Absorb Medals, only one healer subclass gets absorb abilities and the other is basically screwed when it comes to these, resulting in Sages/Sorcerers getting extra medals over Commandos/Scoundrels (and their Empire Equivalents)
-Removal of Heavy Hit Medals, these one shot of "hit for 2500, 5000, etc." are kinda worthless and guaranteed every round to those with good gear, creating a snowball effect, as cool as they are they lack a real purpose

===Medals===

=Basic=
Warrior I - Obtain 1 Kill
Warrior II - Obtain 10 Kills
Warrior III - Obtain 25 Kills
Warrior IV - Obtain 50 Kills
Warrior V - Obtain 100 Kills

Assault I - Deal 50,000 Damage
Assault II - Deal 100,000 Damage
Assault III - Deal 200,000 Damage
Assault IV - Deal 300,000 Damage
Assault V - Deal 500,000 Damage

Guardian I - Guard 5,000 Damage
Guardian II - Guard 10,000 Damage
Guardian III - Guard 25,000 Damage
Guardian IV - Guard 50,000 Damage
Guardian V - Guard 100,000 Damage

Medic I - Heal 50,000 Damage
Medic II - Heal 100,000 Damage
Medic III - Heal 200,000 Damage
Medic IV - Heal 300,000 Damage
Medic V - Heal 500,000 Damage

Slayer I - Get a killing blow
Slayer II - Get five killing blows
Slayer III - Get ten killing blows

Savior I - Heal an ally below 5% health
Savior II - Heal five allies below 5% health
Savior III - Heal ten allies below 5% health

Protector I - Absorb enough damage to kill an ally
Protector II - Absorb enough damage to kill an ally five times
Protector III - Absorb enough damage to kill an ally ten times

=Huttball=
Quarterback I - Successfully pass the Huttball over x distance
Quarterback II - Successfully pass the Huttball over x distance three times
Quarterback III - Successfully pass the Huttball over x distance five times

Touchdown I - Successfully score the Huttball
Touchdown II - Successfully score the Huttball two times
Touchdown III - Successfully score the Huttball three times

Sacked I - Get a kill on an enemy ball carrier
Sacked II - Get a kill on an enemy ball carrier three times
Sacked III - Get a kill on an enemy ball carrier five times

Shutdown I - Get a kill on an enemy ball carrier within inches of scoring
Shutdown II - Get a kill on an enemy ball carrier within inches of scoring twice
Shutdown III - Get a kill on an enemy ball carrier within inches of scoring three times

=Voidstar=
Demolitionist I - Place a bomb on Voidstar
Demolitionist II - Place two bombs on Voidstar
Demolitionist III - Place three bombs on Voidstar

Bomb Squad I - Defuse a bomb on Voidstar
Bomb Squad II - Defuse two bombs on Voidstar
Bomb Squad III - Defuse three bombs on Voidstar

Short Fuse I - Kill an enemy within seconds of interrupting their attempted bomb placement/defusal
Short Fuse II - Kill two enemies within seconds of interrupting their attempted bomb placement/defusal
Short Fuse III - Kill three enemies within seconds of interrupting their attempted bomb placement/defusal

=Civil War=
Control I - Capture a turret control network
Control II - Capture two turret control networks
Control III - Capture three turret control networks

Interruption I - Kill an enemy within seconds of interrupting an attempted turret capture
Interruption II - Kill 2 enemies within seconds of interrupting an attempted turret capture
Interruption III - Kill 3 enemies within seconds of interrupting an attempted turret capture

Point Defense I - Kill an enemy near a control point
Point Defense II - Kill 5 enemies near a control point
Point Defense III - Kill 10 enemies near a control point
Brigade Commander Bravak Stukov of the Republic Assault Corps
==============================
Join the RAC today and save the galaxy from Empire scum!

Lidasel
12.29.2011 , 04:04 PM | #2
/sign

Except that medals like "Plant the bomb" should be given to every player in 30y range to the planting one ect.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

IronFirewind
12.29.2011 , 04:09 PM | #3
I've lost count to the number of times I've lost out on commendations and MVP points purely because I'm a healer. The reason why I can't take objectives is because I'm usually healing the guy TAKING them.

Same with with damage and KBs. I only really have the chance to ninja KBs and DoT up people trying to take objectives while the suicidal randoms outside my premade get a ton of medals for bashing on that pocket healed tank for the entire Warfront...

I would fully support healers being given full or partial credit for kills and objective takes that they are involved in.

Shadowclaimer
12.29.2011 , 04:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by IronFirewind View Post
I've lost count to the number of times I've lost out on commendations and MVP points purely because I'm a healer. The reason why I can't take objectives is because I'm usually healing the guy TAKING them.

Same with with damage and KBs. I only really have the chance to ninja KBs and DoT up people trying to take objectives while the suicidal randoms outside my premade get a ton of medals for bashing on that pocket healed tank for the entire Warfront...

I would fully support healers being given full or partial credit for kills and objective takes that they are involved in.
I would be fine with this as well. I'll addendum objectives to also give medals to nearby allies as well.

My issue is that as a Tank I'm raking in 9 medals a match, whereas my dedicated healbot (my fiance') is behind me healing me nonstop and only getting 2-3, due to the absorb shield ones only working for Sages/Sorcerers. Kinda a bum thing.

IronFirewind
12.29.2011 , 04:19 PM | #5
I'm grateful to get 5 medals in a game while healing really. It's just disappointing to see that the medals aren't really based on performance. It's just based on how many people you can tag for kill participation.

Shadowclaimer
12.29.2011 , 04:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by IronFirewind View Post
I'm grateful to get 5 medals in a game while healing really. It's just disappointing to see that the medals aren't really based on performance. It's just based on how many people you can tag for kill participation.
That's true, maybe they should just gauge that you gain so much valor/commendations per x healing in incremental steps? Then instead of medals you're just constantly gaining as you play.

GoBeavs
12.29.2011 , 04:34 PM | #7
I like the basic idea of what you're saying. One nitpick though to me (as a medic) is the savior medals. If you're healing a batch of people below 5% then you're not doing your job as a healer IMO. Maybe instead only have 1 medal instance since it is a life saver when they do it?

Just thinkin' about it.

Shadowclaimer
12.29.2011 , 04:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
I like the basic idea of what you're saying. One nitpick though to me (as a medic) is the savior medals. If you're healing a batch of people below 5% then you're not doing your job as a healer IMO. Maybe instead only have 1 medal instance since it is a life saver when they do it?

Just thinkin' about it.
Yea those I was afraid of for that reason, instead it should probably be the alternative to the guarding one, you get it for healing someone's full health value total on them.