Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Romance Story Arcs

12.29.2011 , 11:58 AM | #1
Can they be advanced if you don't actively use the companion while questing, soloing, etc?

I'm not talking about simply gaining affection points, I mean are there points in your class story that you need a certain companion out to be able to romance them, or can all of this be done on your ship/in a cantina when they want to talk to you?

I've always done the options she likes and have always picked the +40/150 options when she wants to talk, but I'm not always entirely sure when they come in, since I've got a number of +40s just doing my own story arc out on planets.

Thanks in advance!
This game is serious.

12.29.2011 , 12:47 PM | #2
The space station has a companion gift vendor if you don't want to run with a specific companion, but still want to get points.
Nice glowstick ya pansy!

12.29.2011 , 04:08 PM | #3
I'm not looking simply for gaining affection points, I know easy grinds to gain those/which gifts to buy etc, I'm wondering if there are certain key points in the stories that you have to have companion X out to be able to romance them, not simply gain affection points.

Or maybe all you need to romance a companion is to raise their affection and I'm just confused, so maybe somebody could fill me in.
This game is serious.

12.29.2011 , 04:21 PM | #4
Building up a companion's affection points unlocks the private conversations in which romance possibilities are given, so you can leave any companion you want on your ship and just use the various other options to increase their affection points. As far as I'm aware, it's all based on unlocking conversations at certain tiers of affection points.