Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commendation Conversions in Eternal Throne

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Commendation Conversions in Eternal Throne
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tsetso
10.31.2016 , 05:02 AM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by peter_plankskull View Post
It's been awhile Merzerken, but im glad to see you again. Sorry to say however that you will never beat my #1 idol which is the tracer missile animation guy, but don't let that stop you from trying.
No, imo the most persistent guy is Alex Fortescue and his quest for traditional jedi robes and hood up/down option. I believe his earliest post on one of these topics was probably 5 years ago.

peter_plankskull
10.31.2016 , 05:50 AM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
No, imo the most persistent guy is Alex Fortescue and his quest for traditional jedi robes and hood up/down option. I believe his earliest post on one of these topics was probably 5 years ago.
He obviously has the least merit so im not rooting for him.

Rafiknoll
10.31.2016 , 06:17 AM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Keimanna View Post
You're either intellectually dishonest or trolling. No one was worried about putting all eggs in one basket. Without the announcement, there is literally no concern about this. And no one is talking about "diversification of an investment portfolio", lol. Strawman much? So I'm pretty sure you're just desperate at this point.
[Eric's quote]
So you read this as - "we better keep our stockpile of comms diversified on as many alts as possible"? You're being blatantly dishonest, or you cannot read. Sorry for your lack of comprehension.
It is a common mistake which makes people think that things that are obvious in retrospect have always been obvious. Add to that the fact it is quite safe to infer from all the above that the guy isn't a PVP player and never faced the commendation transfer dilemma himself.

It is same as watching 2 people playing chess and then after one's queen is killed, the spectator is the smart guy who has long seen it coming, while the player who just lost the queen looks like a short-sighted fool... [The spectator mostly then plays for himself and gets crushed by this short-sighted fool. That's because while in the field, and while the dilemma is present, before all the smart retrospect conclusions, different decisions are made.

And even if we had a year's notice, I would still stack all my comms (Due to the quote of Eric Musco you brought up), and wouldn't worry about putting all eggs in one basket, since till the announcement I trusted bioware enough to believe they won't be predators trying to harm our eggs... Disappointed indeed there....

How many pages should this thread stack to finally get a damn response and/or action from the developers? Maybe we should spread all posts to 20 threads as well???
''Peace is a lie, there is only perma-ban''

CorellianWannabe
10.31.2016 , 06:33 AM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Sareeph View Post
Yes, and you would need to do 60 Heroics to get the same number of green crystals as you would the one PvP daily. Hardly equitable time here.
Funny how 300 comms don't seem to go nearly as far as 300 crystals, isn't it?

EricMusco
10.31.2016 , 10:06 AM | #215 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by rantboi View Post
fleet comms are staying?
Yup! Fleet Commendations will remain in the game, unchanged.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DanNV
10.31.2016 , 10:13 AM | #216
OK< so what happens to our Operations gear tokens in our inventory with 4.0? What about the tokens for assorted types of crystals?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

BenKatarn
10.31.2016 , 10:25 AM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
Frankly Eric, if any type of commendation should be phased out and goods purchased through them should become purchasable through credits instead, it should be Fleet Commendations. For the record, we're not talking about Starship / Fleet Requisitions here.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Jerba
10.31.2016 , 10:31 AM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
That seems like a strange decision; it would make sense to get rid of the Currency tab entirely if you are removing all other commendations.
So come 5.0, I suppose you will only have the Fleet Commendations, Rated PvP Tokens, and escrow (for F2P players) in the Currency tab?
Not that it matters too much, but I'd have hoped that you cleaned up the interface and removed clutter like that. Any relics of old game mechanics will confuse new players, and run contrary to your goal of making the game more beginner friendly.

Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
OK< so what happens to our Operations gear tokens in our inventory with 4.0?
Hope we can get an answer to this question, it has been asked a number of times already. My guildies and I have a couple unassembled tokens stored up and would like to know whether to trade them in or keep them.

yellow_
10.31.2016 , 10:42 AM | #219
200+ posts of righteous indignation about an outrageous commendation transfer cap exacerbated by a shockingly shady bait and switch maneuver on the part of Bioware and all we get is a post about STARFIGHTER, the one feature of this game ignored even harder than end game PVP and PVE?

Is this actually happening right now?
Doc
Sick Twisted Individuals

kissingaiur
10.31.2016 , 10:43 AM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
200+ posts of righteous indignation about an outrageous commendation transfer cap exacerbated by a shockingly shady bait and switch maneuver on the part of bioware and all we get is a post about starfighter, the one feature of this game ignored even harder than end game pvp and pve?

Is this actually happening right now?
^^^^^^^
Lmao