Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting in Eternal Throne

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.28.2016 , 02:14 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

As we discussed yesterday on the livestream, one of the goals of crafting is that it will be a mechanism where someone can gear up an alt, catch up to their friends, or even gear an off-spec. With the launch of Eternal Throne you will find that there is a new grade of materials and higher level items which can be learned from your Crafting Trainer. For endgame crafting, the intent is that you will be able to craft items which are within 2 item rating of the best gear in that tier, but without a set bonus. The exception to this rule is tier 1, where you will be able to craft items equivalent to the best item rating in that tier. All of the gear that you craft in this matter will be static, meaning that you cannot move mods. However, crafters will also be able to craft mods of those same item levels.

If that is confusing let me give you some examples using made up numbers from Fallen Empire:
Tier 1 – 216 with set bonus
Tier 2 – 220 with set bonus
Tier 3 – 224 with set bonus

You would be able to craft at the following ratings:
Tier 1 – 216 without a set bonus
Tier 2 – 218 without a set bonus
Tier 3 – 222 without a set bonus

Let’s talk about how you get access to craft these items.
Gear: You will earn the schematics to craft gear from their respective Command Crates. Ex: You will get schematics to craft tier 1 gear inside of tier 1 Command Crates. These schematics will require materials earned from Conquests in order to craft them.
Mods: You will earn the schematics to craft mods through either reverse engineering the mod, PvP, or looting the schematic from an Operation boss. These schematics will require materials earned from Operations or PvP in order to craft them.

This is a summary of how crafting relates to gearing in Eternal Throne. Let me know if you have any questions.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

IanArgent
10.28.2016 , 02:16 PM | #2
Nice summary.

The PvPers getting a piece of the gear crafting action should be interesting.
You want the Things? Do some Work.
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

Jerba
10.28.2016 , 02:18 PM | #3
Does this mean that you can only craft "222" mods, no "224" mods?

What about earpieces/implants/relics, are those craftable on the same level as Tier 3 Command gear?

Also, what about the Crystal of Nightmare Fury, will it require the mats from Operations/PvP, or something else?

CaptRogue
10.28.2016 , 02:20 PM | #4
So not only do we get our gear jacked with by RNG, now you're RNGing the crafting side too?!

You've got to be kidding me.
Interested in a Free Server Transfer, 7 Days Sub & More? Follow that link to get started!

Khevar
10.28.2016 , 02:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
So not only do we get our gear jacked with by RNG, now you're RNGing the crafting side too?!
This isn't a new thing.

Kiesu
10.28.2016 , 02:30 PM | #6
What will be happening to old mats like Dark Matter Catalyst? Will they turn into something else again?
What made Origin stories so good? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Refer!

Swtor D&D nerding x1 x2

jbuncher
10.28.2016 , 02:31 PM | #7
Eric!!!

Speaking for myself and other artificers who DON'T conquest, will we still be able to craft relics using mats gained from OPS, and NOT those from conquest?

For example, right now we can reverse engineer the "Ops Level" 220 relics, and then craft them with some number of the mats that drop in ops (3 Dark Matter Catalysts, etc) but the conquest mat is NOT required.

Is this still possible? I sincerely hope it is!

--Mop

Costello
10.28.2016 , 02:31 PM | #8
How does this work in PvP, can i get them if I just sit in the corner not contributing or will there be some requirement similar to the difficulty of defeating an operation boss?

jbuncher
10.28.2016 , 02:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post
Hold on. The current highest gear rating is 224 with set bonus. Does this mean, we will not be getting gear higher than this at lv 70? If we're already wearing 224, we're automatically already full geared?
No, he said that he was using made up numbers from "Fallen Empire", aka 4.0. Eternal Throne will have increased gear levels (such as 228, 232, 236).

Khevar
10.28.2016 , 02:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Mods: You will earn the schematics to craft mods through either reverse engineering the mod, PvP, or looting the schematic from an Operation boss. These schematics will require materials earned from Operations or PvP in order to craft them.
Would it be correct to say:

1. I obtain a piece of Tier 3 gear from a command crate.
2. I tear out an enhancement with rating XXX.
3. I Reverse Engineer that enhancement, and successfully learn the schematic.
4. I can now craft that enhancement, but it has a rating of (XXX - 2)

?