Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commendation Conversions in Eternal Throne

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Commendation Conversions in Eternal Throne
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.28.2016 , 07:30 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

As we have discussed previously, Warzone Commendations and Commendation Crystals are being removed from the game with Knights of the Eternal Throne. Our intention is that all of these currencies will be converted into credits on 11/29 when early access starts. Here are the conversion rates for each currency:

1 Warzone Commendation = 50 Credits
1 Common Crystal = 500 credits
1 Glowing Crystal = 1,000 credits
1 Radiant Crystal = 1,500 credits

Upon logging in on 11/29 each of these currencies will be completely removed from the game and the appropriate credits will have been granted to each character on your account. Note that there is a 2 million credit per character limit on this conversion. Please check the conversion table above, if you would earn more than 2 million credits on a character, we recommend that you spend the appropriate currency before that time so that it is not lost. If you have any questions about this conversion, let us know.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

rantboi
10.28.2016 , 07:39 AM | #2
fleet comms are staying?

Rheshalea
10.28.2016 , 07:42 AM | #3
How many credits will for example Alliance Crates cost? Rank 6 Companion gifts? Green quality hilts/enhancements and such?

Without knowing what the things previously bought with commendations will costs in credits, we can't make an informed choice (well, unless we'd be over the 2mill mark.)

Whiteprince
10.28.2016 , 07:49 AM | #4
Mr Eric. You have said that Arena Season 6 tokens will be also converted into credits. Whats the ratio for those? Gonna be the shame if its the same as for regular WZ.
You can say I'm dreamer, but I'm not the only one...
I'gor, Guild Master of MVPs
8v8 Ranked WZ raiting.
All-Galaxy Sentinel. Grp Ranked.
Referral http://www.swtor.com/r/CZfbC2

blackphantome
10.28.2016 , 07:51 AM | #5
@Eric: Will vendors like the one with the Rakata decoration still be able to sell stuff? Or - what I intended to ask in the beginning - can we buy the decorations with credits after the launch of 5.0?

Greetings from cold, cold Germany
I did not steal your droid.

Wintersportverein Tatooine

tritonsquadjax
10.28.2016 , 07:52 AM | #6
Woud you guys consider bringing back the ability to transfer Warzone comms up until early access? You DID only give us about a few hours heads up before you took them away, resulting in many of us having hundreds of thousands of comms stuck on one character and others not having any. This would go a long way to help us truly prepare for KotET launch.
Jedi Covenant
Kozak LegacyTopps Tholde
<League of Extraordinary Outcasts>

TitusSchmitt
10.28.2016 , 07:53 AM | #7
You should have told us earlier that there is a 2million credit per character limit, then I would have shifted my Warzone Commendation around BEFORE they became bound one or two weeks ago.

You only said that they will be converted to credits and it looked like that wouldnt make a difference on which char.

Now I have to look for a profitable way to get rid of some crystals before that happens.

Atleast on my main character, I dont think I will hit the 2 millions with the other chars.

And I'm not doing much pvp either but still have a lot of commendations so most of the pvp folks will have a huge sum of them which they could have shifted around before.

CaptRogue
10.28.2016 , 07:56 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TitusSchmitt View Post
You should have told us earlier that there is a 2million credit per character limit, then I would have shifted my Warzone Commendation around BEFORE they became bound one or two weeks ago.

You only said that they will be converted to credits and it looked like that wouldnt make a difference on which char.

Now I have to look for a profitable way to get rid of some crystals before that happens.

Atleast on my main character, I dont think I will hit the 2 millions with the other chars.

And I'm not doing much pvp either but still have a lot of commendations so most of the pvp folks will have a huge sum of them which they could have shifted around before.
That's exactly why they did it now. They didn't want all alts having 2mil per conversion. They want you to lose them if you don't spend them.
Makes perfect sense, sadly.
Interested in a Free Server Transfer, 7 Days Sub & More? Follow that link to get started!

Whiteprince
10.28.2016 , 07:57 AM | #9
Btw...and thats where the fun part lies...

1) Ppl got scared and xfered all comms to main.
2) you can get max of 2 mil credits, Everything above will be deleted.
3) So, ppl xfered all their wz comms to 1 char....just to find out later that they will be removed with little to no refund and they should have kept wz comms on alts
You can say I'm dreamer, but I'm not the only one...
I'gor, Guild Master of MVPs
8v8 Ranked WZ raiting.
All-Galaxy Sentinel. Grp Ranked.
Referral http://www.swtor.com/r/CZfbC2

LordTurin
10.28.2016 , 07:57 AM | #10
As others have said, you really should either increase the per character limit, or allow comms (especially warzone comms) to be transferred around again until the new expansion drops, so that those who have lots on one toon can spread them aroud a bit.
Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Isilout - Commando
A day may come, when BW forces us to learn IO. But it is not this day!
This day, we Arsenal! - Aragorn, Return of the King
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB