Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Market Pass Compensation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cartel Market Pass Compensation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.27.2016 , 04:00 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

As we discussed in my previous post, the Cartel Market Access passes are all being removed from the game with Knights of the Eternal Throne early access on 11/29. One of the big questions that has come up from that announcement is what our compensation plans are for anyone who still has passes. Our plan is quite simple, for each pass that is present on an account as of 11/29 you will receive a 100% refund of Cartel Coins for the cost of the pass. Note that whether you directly purchased the pass from the Cartel Market or received it from another method such as the GTN, trade, etc. you will still receive the refunded Cartel Coins. As a reminder, here are the Cartel Coin costs for each of the passes which are being removed:
  • 240 CC - Weekly Pass: Flashpoints
  • 240 CC - Weekly Pass: Operations
  • 240 CC - Weekly Pass: Space Missions
  • 240 CC - Weekly Pass: Warzones
  • 4,320 CC - 180-Day Pass: Starfighter
  • 720 CC - 30-Day Pass: Starfighter
  • 240 CC - 7-Day Pass: Starfighter

Once Early Access launches on 11/29 all passes will be removed entirely from the game and players will see the Cartel Coins added to their account. It is important that any passes which are in Guild Banks are removed before this happens. If a pass is in a Guild Bank it will be deleted and no compensation will be provided.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kyrrant
10.27.2016 , 04:01 PM | #2
Is there going to be any replacement for these passes? Because if not, your statement from the Livestream of "nothing is changing for Preferred" is pretty clearly outright wrong.
Begeren Colony RPer
Orell Legacy
(...yes, we do exist...)

Tsetso
10.27.2016 , 04:05 PM | #3
That's slap in the face. People paid 600cc for those passes

RahaylaCora
10.27.2016 , 04:15 PM | #4
Thanks, really appreciated. That is the most fair solution for your players, and didn't expect that move from you. Wish i could say thanks and good job more often.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
That's slap in the face. People paid 600cc for those passes
I paid 240CC for each of my 2 operations passes in jun 2015, not discounted price. They are still in my cargo.

Jeweledleah
10.27.2016 , 04:17 PM | #5
well... congrats to the people who snapped them up from GTN in hopes of this happening. sometimes speculating does pay off.

Kyuuu
10.27.2016 , 04:36 PM | #6
are we gona see commmann rank passes?? or are you really saying screw you to all the f2p/perfered people that droped alot cash on CS stuff

Tsillah
10.27.2016 , 04:41 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuuu View Post
are we gona see commmann rank passes?? or are you really saying screw you to all the f2p/perfered people that droped alot cash on CS stuff
Oh how much have these people spent, especially compared to people with subs?

Oh, let me guess, you don't actually know.

You know, I'm sure some F2P/Preferred players have thrown some cash at this game, but isn't it remotely possible that you might be overstating their share in the total spending?
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

Kyuuu
10.27.2016 , 04:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Oh how much have these people spent, especially compared to people with subs?

Oh, let me guess, you don't actually know.

You know, I'm sure some F2P/Preferred players have thrown some cash at this game, but isn't it remotely possible that you might be overstating their share in the total spending?
most Sub people underestimate that either way. and fail to realize majority of all profit made by this game from the CS.

140$ for 1 year sub, vs 100$ a MONTH alot people spend on CS EVER Month. and I know alot people that do that.

Kyrrant
10.27.2016 , 04:50 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
You, like Bioware, don't actually understand the entire design philosophy behind the F2P model when it comes to MMO's and why it has proven more successful than the Subscription model overall.

Yes, non-paying users serve as potential customers down the line. That is absolutely true. Just about every paying user used to be a non-paying user, and you need to squeeze the NPU's a bit in order to get them to convert.

But the NPU's provide a second function: They make a Massively Multiplayer Online game, um, Massively Multiplayer. It increases the population count significantly, it allows for more users to participate in the group content that makes MMO's interesting and exciting.

Do you find the queue times, the number of mostly-empty servers and the massive difficulty in finding an Operations group enjoyable right now? Because the entire point of Non-Paying Users is to fill the servers out and make things more fun for the paying users.

That way those paying users are more willing to spend more money on cartel packs, of course. Money is at the root of all of this, which is what makes this decision so bizarre on the face of it. It's the classic phrase "Cutting off the nose to spite the face" in action.

And Bioware just seems content to shrug, sit back and sip their coffee while the house burns down around them. "This is fine" indeed.
Begeren Colony RPer
Orell Legacy
(...yes, we do exist...)

Alexandrozingsw
10.27.2016 , 04:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,
Once Early Access launches on 11/29 all passes will be removed entirely from the game and players will see the Cartel Coins added to their account. It is important that any passes which are in Guild Banks are removed before this happens. If a pass is in a Guild Bank it will be deleted and no compensation will be provided.
Legacy bank is ok?