Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: 27 October 2016

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BSYSLT
10.27.2016 , 10:25 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by ---AlterEgo--- View Post
Just out of curiosity, what server has such crazy GTN prices? The Senya lightsaber has been going for 50-60mil on my server.
Harbinger. I saw Senya's Pike on sale for 400 million and 775 million. I seent it! I saw the normal lightsaber going for 200 million and 300 million. Defiant Vented Lightsabers for 120-150 million credits. Vectron Vertica mounts for 15 million credits. Dathomir Rancor mount go from 20 million credits to 75 million credits in two weeks. There are no justifications for price gouging like these examples. In fact, sky high prices like this turn people off from playing the game. There has to be better ways to make credits besides farming the same Heroics every single day or amount of credits given out for heroics and other things need to be reduced. The GTN must be brought back into reality or it won't bode well for this game.

CaptRogue
10.27.2016 , 10:25 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithishe View Post
Because it is personal vendetta, and showing of US superiority over EU people ? Its like saying you are not from US, then we gonna treat you like dirt This what it is, when servers are patching in most populated times for EU players!
lol What a joke! You really think that?
No it's the smallest demographic as has been stated. There are more Americans playing this American game so in essence they'd patch at the times it's going to affect the most player base the least. How is that hard to understand?? An EU game would patch when EU times are best.
Or how about just go play WoW. When I used to play, they'd drop ALL servers every Tues from like 9-11am est time. Get that, EVERY Tuesday just for maintenance to keep the game running smoothly.

I assure you BW is not choosing to do these times because they're spitting on EU players.
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

dr_mike
10.27.2016 , 10:27 AM | #83
Y'all realize that you're not going to get a response? Tait will just post "Servers are now up!" and close the thread.

Just like every other time this happens.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

aghori_Jedi
10.27.2016 , 10:31 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomno View Post
Level sync was introduced in 4.0 about a year ago.
u r right about that ,but b4 4.0 we barely got 4 gree events in a year...now we get 3x of that in a year...so is 3x more frustrating that this bug is still there

ScottishDrunk
10.27.2016 , 10:32 AM | #85
right in the middle of UK prime time....

thanks......

Ayakin_Solaris
10.27.2016 , 10:43 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline in order to apply Patch 4.7.3a tomorrow, October 27th. Right now, I am not able to provide a specific time, but wanted to post so you were aware that it was coming. I will provide at least an hour notice before we take the servers down.
Then, around 50 minutes before the servers went down:

Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey everyone,

We are going to be performing the Maintenance at 11AM CDT (5PM BST), and we don't expect it to last longer than two hours.

-Tait
Last time I checked 50 minutes is less than an hour . . . .
CLICK HERE FOR FREE STUFF! (REFERRAL LINK - UP TO 4000+ FREE CARTEL COINS)

CombatLord
10.27.2016 , 10:46 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by ---AlterEgo--- View Post
Just out of curiosity, what server has such crazy GTN prices? The Senya lightsaber has been going for 50-60mil on my server.

50-50 mill is @@@@@@@ crazy.
The Sith Empire will burn brightly, like a supernova, dwarfing the complacent Republic. We shall hold the entire galaxy in our grasp

Neshira
10.27.2016 , 10:46 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by nepochop View Post
Just when you thought you have seen everything they come up with something like this. I mean, I have been writing about long time bugs, glitches, issues, PMing Eric, Twait, trying to post on reddit whatever and NOTHING!!

Years old bugs, but also recent ones, that appeared out of nowhere and are easy to fix, are COMPLETELY IGNORED!! But when a Cartel Market Item is not working and one that is purchasable is free due to a bug it immediately requires and emergency patch and game downtime!!

Eric, I hope you at least feel very stupid when writing such threads!
C'mon dude, don't shoot the messenger. I'm sure he's not the one who makes these kinds of decisions. He's just the guy who has to post it for us. Treating the people who keep us informed badly just leads to them not informing us at all.

Not to mention this is something easy to fix, a quick patch. Fixing game bugs takes a lot more time and effort. If you've ever been involved in game development you should know that. Everything is a domino effect and for a game as complex as Swtor it's even worse. So yeah, they fix the quick stuff that effects their bottom line because first and foremost they are a business.

Secondly, if you're upset that the item is being taken away don't be. Most games would have banned you for taking advantage of a bug. It's called utilizing an exploit and it allowed you to steal an item you weren't entitled to. Taking the item back and refunding creds is the fairest way to deal with it. Honestly I would have just given users who intentionally exploited the bug a warning or ban.
My Referral Link <Click for a 7 day free subscription and some awesome goodies including a free character server transfer worth 10 bucks and tons of unlocks to make playing preferred more bearable.

rtsmalls
10.27.2016 , 10:58 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
lol What a joke! You really think that?
No it's the smallest demographic as has been stated. There are more Americans playing this American game so in essence they'd patch at the times it's going to affect the most player base the least. How is that hard to understand?? An EU game would patch when EU times are best.
Or how about just go play WoW. When I used to play, they'd drop ALL servers every Tues from like 9-11am est time. Get that, EVERY Tuesday just for maintenance to keep the game running smoothly.

I assure you BW is not choosing to do these times because they're spitting on EU players.
No one is suggesting that Europeans are not the smallest demographic, but moving it a couple hours earlier would not affect US prime hours, and would also not be a big "screw you" to us in Europe.....Your early morning (when most of you are sleeping), our mid afternoon (when most of us are at work/school/etc) is not that much to ask for those of us who shell out our sub fee every month as well.

TaitWatson
10.27.2016 , 11:01 AM | #90 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
The servers are now available! Thank you for your patience.
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]