Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Had I Not Intervened, You Would Have Died" ? (Kotfe Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
"Had I Not Intervened, You Would Have Died" ? (Kotfe Spoilers)

BenKatarn
10.21.2016 , 08:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazeTomahawk View Post
Same line for everyone. It's a lazy piece of bad writing.
It's a bug I observed on my Inquisitor. When I did the chapter the first time with her, he spoke about how I took his power and still couldn't finish etc. Then I had to reset the chapter and did it again and then he suddenly told me that Arcann struck a killing blow against me and that Valkorion saved me, which obviously wasn't the case on that character.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

OldVengeance
10.21.2016 , 03:51 PM | #12
Yeah I assumed it was a bug. It's one they've never fixed. I even made a point of unsubscribing for a month just to give them time to fix it like they did with the Kaliyo/Jedi Knight bug in Anarchy in Paradise, but it they never did.

cool-dude
10.24.2016 , 02:15 PM | #13
Honestly bro, it wasn't just that one quote that didn't make sense, but the entire chapter. If you roleplay someone who is warming up to valkorians teachings, and you took his power every chance, then valkorians behavior is just off the wall.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

Deshiel
10.24.2016 , 06:41 PM | #14
I could swear I saw a thread with the same topic atleat two times in da past.

Regardless of what choice you chose refuse/accept

Here's how it is.

Valkorion knew that after Arcann pushed you back he would do something nasty. When you refuse you can see Arcann impaling you onto his lightsaber. When that happens Valkorion still uses his power to keep you alive. That is explained afterwards in the med lab when your character wakes up from sleep.

If you chose to use the father of all lightnings on Arcann. Valkorion still considers this as being his help that saved you. There are several hints thorought the chapters that Valkorion may or may not see the futures so he either deduces or knows what will happen to you if you refuse his power and thus makes the statement regardless

That is why he says that he is the reason you are still alive in chapter 12.

BlazeTomahawk
10.25.2016 , 09:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Deshiel View Post

Here's how it is.

Valkorion knew that after Arcann pushed you back he would do something nasty. When you refuse you can see Arcann impaling you onto his lightsaber. When that happens Valkorion still uses his power to keep you alive. That is explained afterwards in the med lab when your character wakes up from sleep.

If you chose to use the father of all lightnings on Arcann. Valkorion still considers this as being his help that saved you. There are several hints thorought the chapters that Valkorion may or may not see the futures so he either deduces or knows what will happen to you if you refuse his power and thus makes the statement regardless

It's not hat he says he's the reason you're still alive it the actual spoken "my son struck a killing blow" line that's annoying, because Arcann never touched me

Sarova
10.25.2016 , 04:47 PM | #16
This came up in a thread in general and is yet another of their inconsistencies since they went down the cheap chapter route. If you make a certain choice, then Valkorian's line makes complete sense:
Spoiler

Any other choice and the line is utterly rubbish and adds to overall poorness of the chapter.
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link

maxetius
10.26.2016 , 12:11 PM | #17
this bug ONLY pops up if i reload the chapter. Every time I didn't, it gave me the correct dialogue where Valkorion instead insults me for using his power but failing to kill Arcann with it.

thebumpkin
10.26.2016 , 12:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Deshiel View Post

Here's how it is.

Valkorion speaks with riddles and vagueries. I take everything he says with a bucket of salt, becausehe is a lying douchebag. And i am near totally convinced had he just let you fight arcann may not have scored that blow. He picked a very opportune time to pop up.
"I love killing Cultists. Makes me feel like I'm tidying up the Galaxy. - Bounty Hunter, Hoth main planetary story.
"I thought the interrogation we faced on Manaan was severe. Darth Marr made that little session seem like a picnic! - C2D4, Shadow of Revan Post Darkside choice.