Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone Commendation Grants in 4.7.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warzone Commendation Grants in 4.7.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthDymond
10.24.2016 , 12:31 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by unibim View Post
They can? I dont know of any vendor that is locked by character progression. There are only 4 vendors in game that are locked. But they access account info, not char progress. Pre-order crystal vendor, Security Key vendor, VIP vendor and Collector's edition one.

But 5 is way too low. They said that they want them available for pvpers. Fine. But level 5 valor? Its 3 warzones.
While i agree, that 50 is indeed way too high, there should be some effort at least. 15 for weapons and 10 for decos for example is enough effort, and not that hard.
The vendor itself might be accessible, but the items she sells can be gated behind Valor the same way Reputation, Light / Dark rating, Social Level, or Character Levels do .

Deciding whether the Valor requirement should be 5, 50, or somewhere in between is fine-tuning issue, it'd just be nice to get BW on that track, because whatever Valor level they pick would be better than suddenly gating it behind Ranked Season Tokens.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

EricMusco
10.24.2016 , 12:32 PM | #92 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DRMM View Post
Please let us know what happens to those grants that are currently in Legacy Banks.
After tomorrow, they will bind to the character that removes them. I am not sure at this moment what will happen to them with 5.0, but I will get you that answer.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Clarian
10.24.2016 , 12:32 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Kaitou-Kid View Post
Please reconsider this. There are some weapon models at the moment that are only available in moddable form via the PVP vendors. Currently, having them tied to WZ comms gives a reasonable path to get those items for players that aren't "serious PVPers" via playing regular WZs, which also gives players exposure to the game's PVP and could get some players hooked on it. Locking them behind ranked tokens will gate them behind ranked PVP which will discourage most non "serious PVPers" from even trying for them since that would require qualifying for and getting involved with ranked PVP which isn't fair to the actual players that take ranked PVP seriously.

I don't know if there's necessarily a better solution for this if WZ commendations are 100% going away but this solution is a big step backwards in my opinion made even worse by the lack of outfit designer functionality with weapons. Please find a better way to do this. Whether it be making the vendors require a small valor ranking or something, making all of these items gated behind ranked PVP is a bad move.
I agree. If these weapons are sold for ranked tokens, I don't know what will be left to draw people into PvP who aren't inclined to it otherwise.

For example, I'm a single-player RPG player who's here for the story and hardly did any PvP until recently. I guess those orange weapons have been around for a long time, but I just noticed them within the last month or so. (That shows you how much of a non-PvPer I am - I never really even looked at the vendors.)

Anyway, that was my motivation to start doing PvP consistently, after playing the game since launch. And I've been doing it on a lot of different characters, because all the different weapon types are there. And, I like the old-school visual designs of them.

So, yeah, if not for those weapons being accessible to PvP beginners, I would have had no motivation to try it.

Mubrak
10.24.2016 , 12:34 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Sorry, my post may have been unclear. The items you are describing, the moddable sabers and blasters, are cosmetic items. Therefore they are remaining in the game and can be purchased still after 5.0 for prior Season Ranked Tokens (S7 in this case).

-eric
Sorry Eric, but this is not only unreasonable, this is unacceptable.
Add a low valor requirement to those items, but don't make them rewards for ranked. Those were nice modable weapons you could use early on on a pvp toon, If you make them exclusive for chars that do ranked, you can just as well remove them from game.

What about the decorations (WZ comms only) and the pets (valor 70 requirement)?
If I start today I might get my valor 58 pet collector to valor 70 just in time...
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

RandyL
10.24.2016 , 12:34 PM | #95
What about fleet commendations? Any plan to change these?

BenKatarn
10.24.2016 , 12:40 PM | #96
Sorry, my post may have been unclear. The items you are describing, the moddable sabers and blasters, are cosmetic items. Therefore they are remaining in the game and can be purchased still after 5.0 for prior Season Ranked Tokens (S7 in this case).

-eric
This is still terrible, Eric. These weapons have been available for purchase since 1.0, for the same amount of commendations. Why would you put them behind a ranked wall now? Leave them be!
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Transcendent
10.24.2016 , 12:42 PM | #97

-eric
So now instead of just converting the cost of them from Warzone Commendations to credits, players will have to participate in Ranked PvP? That makes no sense.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

Xertasian
10.24.2016 , 12:53 PM | #98
Here come a different kind of beast when 5.0 hits..since everything is going to credits..the gold farmers gonna spam the living hell out of general chat..Eric i hope you have some plan in place to deal with this fiasco..cause i don't want my mailbox filled up with 100's of spam from gold farmers..

we all in the gaming community can agree that it will come to this after 5.0 hits..actually give us a good pay out on wz comms conversion..to stop people from buying credits via the gold farmers..
Back streaming again http://twitch.tv/Xertasian

The-Kaitou-Kid
10.24.2016 , 01:02 PM | #99
They can? I dont know of any vendor that is locked by character progression. There are only 4 vendors in game that are locked. But they access account info, not char progress. Pre-order crystal vendor, Security Key vendor, VIP vendor and Collector's edition one.
I don't know if they can, thus the if. I don't know how much of a difference it'd be from the other vendors you mentioned there (which were the ones I was thinking of) but if it's something they can do I imagine it'd be easier than editing every item on the vendors to add a valor requirement. Not to mention the possibility of that requirement being retroactive if it's on the items themselves which could potentially cause even more problems. If they can't do that, then adding it to the items themselves would also do the job albeit with other potential issues added on.

But 5 is way too low. They said that they want them available for pvpers. Fine. But level 5 valor? Its 3 warzones.
While i agree, that 50 is indeed way too high, there should be some effort at least. 15 for weapons and 10 for decos for example is enough effort, and not that hard.
Why is 5 too low? Again, look at how much time is needed now to get these items. 5 Warzones will get you 900 Warzone comms just off the weekly, which is enough to buy one of the weapons. So 3 Warzones is about right. They're all mainhand bound so there's no buying a mainhand and offhand for the same character and they're all BoP so there's no buying one on X character to send to Y character. So why make it more than three times as time consuming to get these items? Who does that benefit? Valor 5 matches up almost exactly with what's needed to get the comms to buy these items and there's no real reason to go any higher than that.

Exclusivity to PVP is the only one I could think of and that's a bit misleading considering most of these items are only unavailable in moddable form outside of PVP because the moddable versions from other sources were removed. Take, for example, the Shrouded Knight's Blade, which used to be obtainable via the Revan FP arc as the Lifesaver's Lightblade but was removed when 4.0 dropped making the Shrouded Knight's Blade the only moddable version of that lightsaber in the game. There's no reason to continue making these weapons harder to obtain. The PVP requirement is fine, but make it proportional to the current cost/time investment required for the items.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Viperswhip
10.24.2016 , 01:05 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Xertasian View Post
Here come a different kind of beast when 5.0 hits..since everything is going to credits..the gold farmers gonna spam the living hell out of general chat..Eric i hope you have some plan in place to deal with this fiasco..cause i don't want my mailbox filled up with 100's of spam from gold farmers..

we all in the gaming community can agree that it will come to this after 5.0 hits..actually give us a good pay out on wz comms conversion..to stop people from buying credits via the gold farmers..
Oh god, ya, this will be horrible. Also, what are we going to do with credits? Buy cosmetic items, gifts and green consumables? Yay? I guess I will just go on a shopping spree, log in all my characters tonight to transfer my wz comms.