Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone Commendation Grants in 4.7.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warzone Commendation Grants in 4.7.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wildantics
10.24.2016 , 11:17 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by EnzoForMe View Post
I hope my mercenary commendations have been forgotten and cause a "does not compute" error that takes the server offline. That would be more of a reward than credits in a hyperinflated game economy.

I guess the days of gearing our Alts in pvp are over- and I know I certainly won't be playing more than a character or two this expansion because of it. Whoever came up with these changes (wz comms, RNG gearing, etc) should feel bad because they are bad.
BW revolutionary "Great Leap Forward!"
4 currencies are now just... 3 currencies! Dark/Light/CXP.... amazing

Oh wait... what about all those other currencies... CC, Ziost, EC, Rakghoul, Bounty, Gree... and on and on... if CXP is a currency of sorts... then reputations are.....

/dissident

Yes, I could probably live with the CXP system, if I only played one light and one dark toon. And in 5.0, I guess that's exactly what will happen.... why was I so foolish to make alts in the first place.... not like they ever mandated rewards based off of alts or anything.... :/
I'd say the jokes on us, but don't know anyone who finds this amusing yet... well, maybe those who have already unsubbed.

EricMusco
10.24.2016 , 11:20 AM | #62 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
I really hope this won't mean you are going to remove the PVP weapons vendors from the fleets in 5.0. Those vendors sell some weapons you cannot get elsewhere anymore in moddable form.
This is the plan currently... All of the purely cosmetic items you can buy for PvP Commendations will still be in the game but purchasable for the prior Ranked Season tokens. We chose to do this over credits so that these cosmetic items would remain for PvPers. The Warzone consumables will now be purchasable for credits. The PvP tier gear and their vendors will be removed from the game with 5.0.

Hope that answers your question!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

IanArgent
10.24.2016 , 11:22 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by wildantics View Post
BW revolutionary "Great Leap Forward!"
4 currencies are now just... 3 currencies! Dark/Light/CXP.... amazing

Oh wait... what about all those other currencies... CC, Ziost, EC, Rakghoul, Bounty, Gree... and on and on... if CXP is a currency of sorts... then reputations are.....

/dissident

Yes, I could probably live with the CXP system, if I only played one light and one dark toon. And in 5.0, I guess that's exactly what will happen.... why was I so foolish to make alts in the first place.... not like they ever mandated rewards based off of alts or anything.... :/
I'd say the jokes on us, but don't know anyone who finds this amusing yet... well, maybe those who have already unsubbed.
I'm pretty sure it's not about the currencies, it's about the vendors and the wares they sell, and the various partially incompatible upgrade. I just reminded myself over the weekend what a terrible experience buying "end-game" gear is, when I went to buy a set of PvP 204s.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

Transcendent
10.24.2016 , 11:28 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by IanArgent View Post
Assumes facts not in evidence. They have to "touch" every piece of gear with Expertise on it today, in the back-end database. We only know that Expertise values on weapon crystals will be converting (1 to 1) to Mastery. We do not know what the Expertise on other gearing with Expertise will convert to. They did something similar for the 4.0 gear conversion.
Did they? I don't recall that at all, all I saw was them removing lots of gear vendors....

I hardly see BioWare bothering to alter gear tables to make current PvP gear for 204 / 208 be on par with 216 / 220 or 224 gear. That involves more work and testing, it's easier for them to just make players buy new gear. The point still stands though about the time / credit ratios being about on par for earning 1000 Warzone Commendations compared to 1 Million Credits via Heroics (actually, you would probably earn more through Heroics).

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

BenKatarn
10.24.2016 , 11:34 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This is the plan currently... All of the purely cosmetic items you can buy for PvP Commendations will still be in the game but purchasable for the prior Ranked Season tokens. We chose to do this over credits so that these cosmetic items would remain for PvPers. The Warzone consumables will now be purchasable for credits. The PvP tier gear and their vendors will be removed from the game with 5.0.

-eric
...are you for real? You want to remove the vendors that sell moddable sabers and blasters instead of converting them to be purchasable by credits? I am not about the regular PVP vendors that sell PVP gear. I am not talking about the ranked season vendors. I am talking about the weapons vendors standing next to the PVP terminals that sell moddable weapons without stats for 900 WZ commendations. Some of these weapon models are no longer available as moddable in this game, besides these vendors.

What the hell is wrong with you? What you're doing is awful. You are taking away all the original stuff from the game's launch era to, what, force people to go for Cartel Market items to have moddable weapons?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Tsillah
10.24.2016 , 11:40 AM | #66
I wonder how many credits they're talking for the conversion. If it's a pittance people will get upset, if it's a good amount it may negatively affect the economy.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

BaineOs
10.24.2016 , 11:42 AM | #67

-eric
So let me get this straight...I know it's Monday but stay with me here!!

For people that don't like to pve....that don't like to do ranked pvp....but enjoy purely warzone pvp.....those people won't be able to get the pvp decorations because they don't do that insanely crap group ranked pvp?

What genius came up with that brilliant idea? Normal warzones are still pvp.

Further more, 24 hours....is BW for real? And the late post regarding the wz passes from the cartel market. Does BW actually know the definition of the word 'communication'? I know it's 5 syllables but it's not that hard to understand.

Stop punishing your damn player base and start caring about them. Otherwise you're not going to have any left.
Es'carli D'Lakutos
Level 1 - 65, three disciplines, three characters, one video

The-Kaitou-Kid
10.24.2016 , 11:42 AM | #68

-eric
Please reconsider this. There are some weapon models at the moment that are only available in moddable form via the PVP vendors. Currently, having them tied to WZ comms gives a reasonable path to get those items for players that aren't "serious PVPers" via playing regular WZs, which also gives players exposure to the game's PVP and could get some players hooked on it. Locking them behind ranked tokens will gate them behind ranked PVP which will discourage most non "serious PVPers" from even trying for them since that would require qualifying for and getting involved with ranked PVP which isn't fair to the actual players that take ranked PVP seriously.

I don't know if there's necessarily a better solution for this if WZ commendations are 100% going away but this solution is a big step backwards in my opinion made even worse by the lack of outfit designer functionality with weapons. Please find a better way to do this. Whether it be making the vendors require a small valor ranking or something, making all of these items gated behind ranked PVP is a bad move.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

SplitBolt
10.24.2016 , 11:48 AM | #69

-eric
You clearly have shown you have no clue in what you are doing! Congrats! How do you feel?

Rolodome
10.24.2016 , 11:52 AM | #70

-eric
I hope this is just a confusion of language and you mean ranked cosmetic rewards, not all PvP cosmetic rewards. Cause some of them are currently purchasable with normal commendations you can get from doing warzones at level 10 and changing those to ranked token restricted makes no sense.
Watch my crazy video ideas in SWTOR form.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.