Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Important Information About Cartel Market Passes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Important Information About Cartel Market Passes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RudbekAlliance
10.24.2016 , 08:37 AM | #11
I guess after reading the announcement, outside of a hundred different things you won't comment on until later, and other people have already started to ask above, I guess what I'm left wondering is what about the message couldn't have been posted by the end of the day on Friday?

Or even better, when talking about Galactic command and how Operations would no longer drop gear and War Zones would no longer drop gear, you couldn't have mentioned you'd have some sort of announcement about passes for both of them by the end of the week.

It feels like even when there are attempts made at communication things are being pushed back and left out.

EricMusco
10.24.2016 , 08:38 AM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
Ok does that mean that in 5.0 pref won't be able to enter pvp and ops?
Preferred players will fall under the existing restrictions they have now. They can complete Flashpoints normally but with no rewards at level 70, a limited number of Warzones per week but they cannot access Operations.

-eric

Edit: Clarifying an error
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

EricMusco
10.24.2016 , 08:40 AM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
In the past, when they changed a BoE item to BoP, it would remain in the guild bank but the first player to take it out would have it bound to him.
To be on the safe side, you'll probably want to move it to an officer's bank slot before tomorrow so that the GM/officers have time to decide who is allowed to take out the passes, and you won't have members accidentally taking out passes with no way to give them back.
This is correct. Once the change has been made, it will bind to whomever takes it out of the Guild Bank.

-eric

Jerba
10.24.2016 , 08:41 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Preferred players will fall under the existing restrictions they have now. They can only complete a limited number of Warzone and Flashpoints per week but they cannot access Operations.

-eric
That is not correct AFAIK, Preferred can run unlimited flashpoints but can only get loot from the first three, unless this was changed with 4.0.
Can F2P and Preferred continue running unlimited flashpoints come 5.0?
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

AllisonLightning
10.24.2016 , 08:42 AM | #15
I thought there was some plan, even a terribly mishandled new pass design but instead this... there are no words I care to use in public to quite describe the sheer lunacy of cutting off a revenue stream while simultaneously alienating players from the game. I don't buy passes and had no interest in them, if I wanted to do more than a few warzones and the like, I'm subbed or would- but you've effectively alienated the Preferred Access players and locked down access completely, made the passes subs have bought to sell absolutely worthless.

So Preferred, many of whom are alienated raiders, PvP and the like are denied access to Operations full stop and can't use anything? And these passes were bought, what harm does it do letting people keep them if you intend to sub gate the content? They'd eventually all get used up- what you did is taking what people often spend real money converted into CCs on, with less than a day's warning.

We have a population problem and you're dissuading the players, who while they don't have a sub, use passes and pay for unlocks and so on from staying active in the game... who the frell spiked the Juma juice and thought that was a good idea?

http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

psandak
10.24.2016 , 08:42 AM | #16
Firstly, I agree that the timing could have been better. BUT this was to be expected. With the changes to the reward system, anyone who did not expect this was deluding themselves.

Secondly, I want to make sure people in fact read this statement...

We recognize that players are interested in something similar to the Weekly Passes which would offer non-subscribers access to Galactic Command. We are exploring possible options and I will pass on updates as soon as we have them.
The point being that while individual passes are going away, they will probably be implementing a GC pass of some kind, they simply have not done so yet.

Do I wish that they had finalized the GC pass before this announcement? YES! But, let me pose this question: would you have preferred they made this announcement closer to release if there is no direct conversion of old passes to new? At least with the several weeks we have, those who have these passes can at least try to use some of them.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Kallie
10.24.2016 , 08:44 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by -Spc View Post
This means alot of people will just stop playing swtor and move on.
Bioware is loosing 80% of population if they don't allow perfs do pvp or ops.
Nice try. Try again.

EricMusco
10.24.2016 , 08:46 AM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
That is not correct AFAIK, Preferred can run unlimited flashpoints but can only get loot from the first three, unless this was changed with 4.0.
Can F2P and Preferred continue running unlimited flashpoints come 5.0?
I may have misspoke. Nothing is changing about how it works from right now, the exception is rewards. Once someone hits level 70, if they are not a subscriber they will not earn any Command Experience Points and therefore no rewards.

-eric

Ferrety
10.24.2016 , 08:51 AM | #19
I may have misspoke. Nothing is changing about how it works from right now, the exception is rewards. Once someone hits level 70, if they are not a subscriber they will not earn any Command Experience Points and therefore no rewards.

-eric
Now I've always been a subscriber when I've played, (as the F2P restrictions have always given me tremendous gout) but even I think non-subs are getting the shaft here.

Why not just stop pretending to be a F2P game at this point?
Get 7 Days FREE Gametime , Free Server Transfer and CC Unlocks when returning to SWTOR! Click my Referral Link here!

WheresMyWhisky
10.24.2016 , 08:53 AM | #20
Lol so you have messed things up so badly even the community manager is getting confused, what a complete and utter shambles this expansion is turning out to be. Most companies have a clear plan before they announce things like this not Bioware they just make stuff up as they go along.
If you think you can ever have too much Whisky you are wrong

KOTET the expac that actively encourages all PVE player to bugger off to Azeroth, where at least you get content