Wz passes removed from the cm???

JohnnyGunman

I don't want a pop with a guy not geared for the content. Hard pass on that plan.
Um, I'd gladly take more PVP pops with someone who has non-set 232 crafted gear or whatever over less frequent pops. And SM OPS can be done pretty much naked due to bolster.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely they are removing them now so people don't spend money on them and then complain that they were ripped off when 5.0 drops......

.....I imagine they'll bring them back in a different form that's better suited to the post 5.0 world when it goes live.

THIS is my thought exactly... I've been here long enough to know the forums would go ballistic with "I just spent (insert ridiculous amount of money) BW!! Now I'm mad!! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!" :D

I am hoping this is due to them changing them to gc passes and if that is the case, I hope the ones that are currently in circulation can be converted to gc passes.

Perhaps they'll put in an actual tradeable sub-time pass, like some games have.

He said, as he wandered blearily about and then went back to bed, assuming that whatever he'd just said was the consequence of a mind in its dream state.

You must be new. BW never tells the community in advance. They like keeping things to themselves until the last minute.
But they didn't "tell the community" anything.

They simply protected themselves against all the cries of "I spent real money on all these things that are useless now" and the fallout from something that could legitimately be perceived as fraudulent by people other than the ones here that always claim that they're being ripped off by one thing or another.

This way, the things can work themselves out of the system over the next 6ish weeks and anybody that still has leftovers will only have themselves to blame when nobody wants to buy them.

Perhaps they'll put in an actual tradeable sub-time pass, like some games have.

He said, as he wandered blearily about and then went back to bed, assuming that whatever he'd just said was the consequence of a mind in its dream state.

Hmm, that's true too. They would need to fix the escrow limit, though; currently the CC to credit exchange rate (based on Cartel Pack costs) is too high to justify spending CC on passes to make credits; it's better to buy packs and flog them on the GTN. And there's a fixed conversion rate of CC to USD, and USD to game time. A GC pass would pretty much have to cost around $1 a day (or require passes in addition to take part in endgame content). Not in front of a GTN right now to get a spot check on what the Cartel Pack derived conversion rate is from CC to credits, but a cartel coin is worth around a penny USD (450 for $5, 1050 for $10, more or less).

OTOH, if they sell tradeable game time such that there's a reasonable conversion rate to credits and the time bought allows someone to earn the credits to buy it with some left over for use by the buyer, that would help to put a hurt on the RMTs.

ETA: BTW, I hate you :) Now part of my brain wants to try and derive the expected value of a credit vs the USD by analysis of the pricing of cartel packs on the GTN. And, consequently, what the GTN as a whole thinks the expected credit fountain rate is, under certain assumptions about playtime. (Too much work. But I still want to know!)

Edited by IanArgent

This way, the things can work themselves out of the system over the next 6ish weeks and anybody that still has leftovers will only have themselves to blame when nobody wants to buy them.

God, the way you worded this reminded me of Office Space.

"We fixed the glitch."

"So, um... Milton is no longer working here."

"Hold on there... we, uh. We fixed the glitch. He won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so we figure it'll work itself out naturally. We like to avoid confrontation whenever possible."

I don't want ungeared people on my team for any activity PvP or PvE. They will be unable to contribute properly. If you want to play in 5.0 you need to be subbed.

I am surprised if the passes are gone a month early though.

Not true. They'll be changing the PVP stat to be mastery and not expertise. My guess is that you won't need special gear until ranked maybe. They can still get top level gear even, just not the set bonuses. I suppose that only will be a problem in the HM stuff. Maybe..

God, the way you worded this reminded me of Office Space.

"We fixed the glitch."

"So, um... Milton is no longer working here."

"Hold on there... we, uh. We fixed the glitch. He won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so we figure it'll work itself out naturally. We like to avoid confrontation whenever possible."

Don't forget the ending though - "I could set the building on fire. "

Not true. They'll be changing the PVP stat to be mastery and not expertise. My guess is that you won't need special gear until ranked maybe. They can still get top level gear even, just not the set bonuses. I suppose that only will be a problem in the HM stuff. Maybe..

They won't have basic comm or higher level gear:

they can't earn the good gear in game

they won't be able to buy decent gear with the credit cap

They will be wearing greens or close to it.

Maybe they're making warzone's free for all unlimited!!!

Prolly not, but if hope so. All the passes sucked either way and f2p players couldn't afford them. I never got what the point was.

I remember in one of their blogs them mentioning that they were going to be available without limit, either this year or last. but that never got implemented.

Actually that might not be such a strange idea. Perhaps they will make warzones unlimited at least until you hit 70. But then at 70 you will be hopelessly outgeared. Of course you'd be stuck at 65 without Kotet so that should never be an issue unless you sub for at least a month.

Giving everyone access to them would be great way to boost numbers in there don´t you think?

And as proven by multiple games, more players is good way to boost income.

One would hope so but it's a big if/maybe. Hard to tell if F2P/Preferred players would happily participate in large numbers in opened-up Operations without getting any endgame loot.

Edited by Pietrastor

One would hope so but it's a big if/maybe. Hard to tell if F2P/Preferred players would happily participate in large numbers in opened-up Operations without getting any endgame loot.

That's my trepidation although someone brought up they may just be introducing a new pass type that now includes content not formerly gated behind a pass (a.k.a. basic level 70 gear drops like you can get 208 level 65 gear off an end boss in a flashpoint now and equip it if you have Artifact Authorization that you won't be able to 5.0).

I don't know, I do believe that this change would come too late and at this point, it'd do more harm than good. On one hand, by trading off endgame/level 70 gear, it solves the issue of people subbing for the expansion and getting to do the grouping content while dropping their sub for the freebies. But it causes issue in two groups, subs who are so against any restriction easing, even a swap that we risk a Galaxies NGE type revolt and Preferred who have been using a pass/unlock combination and feel cheated.

That's my trepidation although someone brought up they may just be introducing a new pass type that now includes content not formerly gated behind a pass (a.k.a. basic level 70 gear drops like you can get 208 level 65 gear off an end boss in a flashpoint now and equip it if you have Artifact Authorization that you won't be able to 5.0).

I don't know, I do believe that this change would come too late and at this point, it'd do more harm than good. On one hand, by trading off endgame/level 70 gear, it solves the issue of people subbing for the expansion and getting to do the grouping content while dropping their sub for the freebies. But it causes issue in two groups, subs who are so against any restriction easing, even a swap that we risk a Galaxies NGE type revolt and Preferred who have been using a pass/unlock combination and feel cheated.

I think this is most likely the case. They might be introducing a single pass that can be used for all the content types.

That would be good for everyone if there was just one pass for like what 1k cc per week to do anything

Well not sure about that. First 1000 cc (2/3 of the months sub price) is way to much for single char to be able to play content for 1 week. And second i think a lot of people bought only PvP or only OPs passes and will not want to pay more for essentially same thing.

Edited by ShawDou

Well not sure about that. First 1000 cc (2/3 of the months sub price) is way to much for single char to be able to play content for 1 week. And second i think a lot of people bought only PvP or only OPs passes and will not want to pay more for essentially same thing.

Well I meant 1k per account per week was what I was thinking just forgot to add

Well I meant 1k per account per week was what I was thinking just forgot to add

There's a reason they've never bundled or done it account wide- and I doubt, if they were going to bring in a new pass system they would start now. It'd get close to the price of a sub, fewer people would buy it, it would go higher on the GTN- they'd end up making less money from the passes than they do now. A re-branding, I can see, as well as a CC coin jump (despite the fact it'd start to eat into sales) as a pass would buy access to that character's GC. Not all endgame content and certainly not account wide.

Eric, when you get on today and see this thread, please tell us what's going on. It's confusing and highly frustrating for people who use these passes.