Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone Commendation Grants in 4.7.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warzone Commendation Grants in 4.7.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.24.2016 , 08:03 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

I wanted to give you a heads up on a change included with Game Update 4.7.3 on Tuesday. As we discussed last week, we are making changes to how gearing works in our upcoming expansion, Knights of the Eternal Throne. In support of our new Galactic Command system, we will be removing Warzone Commendations from the game on November 29th when Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access opens. As a result, any new Warzone Commendation Grants will become bound and will Bind on Pickup starting on Tuesday, with Game Update 4.7.3.

If you have a desire to move Warzone Commendations around or have a stockpile of Warzone Commendation Grants, please ensure they are on the character you want them to be on before Tuesday’s maintenance. Please note, Customer Service will not be able to assist with any Warzone Commendation grants after Tuesday.

It is our intent that Warzone Commendations will convert to credits (as will Crystals) with Eternal Throne’s launch. We are still working out the conversion rates and I am hopeful that I will have that information for you later next week. To reiterate, in preparation for Knights of the Eternal Throne all Warzone Commendation Grants will become bind on pickup as of Game Update 4.7.3 on Tuesday.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Rolodome
10.24.2016 , 08:17 AM | #2
Would be awesome if we could get a ballpark on conversion rate before the patch goes through. Cause how high it is could affect how people want to shift commendations around and whether they want to use a lot now on certain characters, or save for the conversion.

I admit I may not be understanding the wording quite right, but I'm not sure I understand why they are being made BoP so soon, if they are being removed eventually anyway.
Watch my crazy video ideas in SWTOR form.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

kvandertulip
10.24.2016 , 08:23 AM | #3
What about ranked season 6 comms? Weren't those supposed to be converted to Warzone Comms at the start of Season 8?

Zulufoxtrot
10.24.2016 , 08:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

It is our intent that Warzone Commendations will convert to credits (as will Crystals) with Eternal Throne’s launch.
Are the crystal vendors, like those on the fleet that take commons for mods, going to remain and accept credits now?
Pre-order Standard Edition August 23, 2011.

Jerba
10.24.2016 , 08:32 AM | #5
This was already asked before, but what will happen to Ranked PvP tokens? Season 6 tokens will obviously be merged with Warzone Comms, but can players still use their Season 7 tokens to purchase the rewards with 5.0?
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

EricMusco
10.24.2016 , 08:35 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by kvandertulip View Post
What about ranked season 6 comms? Weren't those supposed to be converted to Warzone Comms at the start of Season 8?
Season 6 Commendations will also convert to credits as they would have become WZ Comms, which are also becoming credits.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zulufoxtrot View Post
Are the crystal vendors, like those on the fleet that take commons for mods, going to remain and accept credits now?
Correct, they are going to remain in place and accept credits.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Azreail
10.24.2016 , 08:36 AM | #7
You didn't exactly give us much notice to move these around now did you, what with the 100/500/1000 wz legacy containers taking 2 hours to unbind so you can transfer them to another toon or put them in your legacy bank!!

This needs WAY more than 24 hours notice.

IanArgent
10.24.2016 , 08:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Season 6 Commendations will also convert to credits as they would have become WZ Comms, which are also becoming credits.

Correct, they are going to remain in place and accept credits.

-eric
How about the non-gear vendors?

Will grade 5 and 6 companion gifts become purchasable for credits? Will Alliance Crates? Will "rare" mats? (The Smuggled Good vendor on Odessen)?

Will the various mounts and decos still be available?

Will the TEC vendor even exist? What will they sell?

Will the "empty shell" PvP equipment still be purchasable?

Will the current Common/Radiant/Glowing vendors sell their gear? With or without mods?

I will be OK, today with "wait a bit." But these questions ought to be answered before 28 November.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

micmitja
10.24.2016 , 08:43 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Azreail View Post
You didn't exactly give us much notice to move these around now did you, what with the 100/500/1000 wz legacy containers taking 2 hours to unbind so you can transfer them to another toon or put them in your legacy bank!!

This needs WAY more than 24 hours notice.
U can send via ingame mail to avoid 2h time its instant then

Azreail
10.24.2016 , 08:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by micmitja View Post
U can send via ingame mail to avoid 2h time its instant then
Thank you! You sir (or madam), are a star. I had no idea the mail workaround was also valid for the wz comms crates. Still doens't excuse them giving so little notice, but at least I don't have to sit around waiitng for timers to come off.